Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome!

The Others is another one that can be so creepy, but really interesting to see how it plays from different perspectives.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
The Others is another one that can be so creepy, but really interesting to see how it plays from different perspectives.
The Others is an awesome movie! I wasn't spoiled for the ending thank goodness and definitely did not see it coming. I can watch that movie again tomorrow and still be shocked at certain things.
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFoley16 (View Post)
The Others is an awesome movie! I wasn't spoiled for the ending thank goodness and definitely did not see it coming. I can watch that movie again tomorrow and still be shocked at certain things.
Yes! A fan!

Oh, tell me about it! I didn't see the end coming at all, which is just how I like it. After you know the foreshadowing is obvious, but the movie still plays to your expectations if you don't know what's going on.

What a well made movie! When Nicole Kidman realizes what's going on, what a peformance!

Vanilla Sky is another movie I enjoyed that people weren't so fond of. I never watched the original, but I thought the movie was well made and certainly had some interesting and powerfuls scenes.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

Vanilla Sky is another movie I enjoyed that people weren't so fond of. I never watched the original, but I thought the movie was well made and certainly had some interesting and powerfuls scenes.

Yes. I love Vanilla Sky. I thought my brother Ian and I are were the only ones who loved this movie. Its so good to see another fan out there. It was one of those movies that stayed with me long after I watched it. I hope to get it on DVD one day. I already bought it for my brother Ian one year for Christmas. He likes that much. In fact, he was the one who told my husband and I to go and see it when it was in the theaters. I am so glad we did. Its such a great movie! Love it!

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle (View Post)
Yes. I love Vanilla Sky. I thought my brother Ian and I are were the only ones who loved this movie. Its so good to see another fan out there. It was one of those movies that stayed with me long after I watched it. I hope to get it on DVD one day. I already bought it for my brother Ian one year for Christmas. He likes that much. In fact, he was the one who told my husband and I to go and see it when it was in the theaters. I am so glad we did. Its such a great movie! Love it!
Def.

It stayed with me too! I was really taken in with the story and the characters. I want the DVD as well. I haven't seen this in ages and I've been wanting to for a long time.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

The shining. For a long time since i had first watched it i still didnt understand why jack torrence turned into the raged killer he was going to be. The whole photo at the end from the 9020s style with him in it confused me still does Apart me think he turned into that because the previous man that they had talked about had done it so his spirit inhabited him another things it was the confined space just like the previous duded that it had happend to him but all the visions in his child is scary enough and weird enough that i sometimes think that he was rincarnated etc in another life form and did the same thing again thats why he was the orginal caretaker. meh ill never understand but it stil plays with my mind.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Marki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

I have to say I have the seen The Shinning. I have to check it out, they air it a long in the classic movie channels.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Awesome!

I loved this movie because I did not see it coming that they were the ghosts and the other people were who they were 'haunting'. Just a fantastic story!

Another role for Nicole Kidman that I loved. She's done a bit of acting for a lot of different genres and it shows her diversity as an actress!
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't see it coming, either. I loved the reveal. It spooked me.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

That was a movie whose ending stuck with me for a few days afterwards...kept me thinking you know.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

To name a few more in recent years, I loved "Shutter Island", "The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo" Trilogy (Swedish Version).

Both Shutter Island and the Dragon movies were incredible with great twists!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

TGWTDT always

I agree about The Others but I characterized that as more of a horror/thriller than psychological

The Silence of the Lambs, Fracture, Fight Club, Primal Fear...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Memento, The Others, Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, Se7en and the classic Donnie Darko.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Mullholland Drive, Requiem For A Dream, Pi, Jack ketchum's The Girl next Door, Memento, Martyrs
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilleen (View Post)

I was quite shocked by "The skeleton key"... I didn't see the end coming at all and I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards.
I just saw that recently, I really enjoyed it.

Another recommendation I have is The Cube. The definition of mindf***. I think psychological thrillers are my favourite kinds of movies.
coconut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread