Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Best Emotional Scene

I just got done watching ROTK on DVD and it does have a lot of touching scenes.

But the scene that always gets me is when Pippin is singing and the Riders of Gondor are going on a sucidal mission. The enemies arrows are released and Pippin slowly fade his singing to a whisper. And then how he just stop as tears roll down his cheeks. Then it cuts to the Steward stuffing his face with food and Pippin is glaring at him with the tears still glistening in his eyes. Then it shows Gandalf sitting alone with his head bowed as bells can be heard in the background.

So sad...

I was wondering what are some of the scenes that pull at your heart strings everytime you watch them and why?
Old 09-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Loyal Fan

The Notebook-

Allie and Noah breaking up and her having to move.

Allie returning to Noah angry that he didnt write her and when he told her he did for a year.

Old Allie's alzeimers returning in the middle of a dinner.

Old Noah having a heart attack.

WS Romeo + Juliet

Romeo killing Tibult(sp)

Romeo missing the fed-ex guy and while still thinking Juliet is dead drinking the poison.

Juliet finding Romeo dead and shooting herself.

Vote For Gavin Degraw pretty please
Old 09-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Magnolia has plenty of them. When Frank and his father are reunited towards the end of the movie is one that jumps to mind.
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

The scene in Life as a House when Sam finds out that his father is going to die...It's really emotional and well-acted!

Actually, the whole movie, at least the last part of it, is emotional.

Also the scene in ROTK when Aragorn says to the hobbits that they don't have to bow to anyone and then everyone else bow to them was quite touching and emotional too....
Old 09-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

The last one I saw was the last scene of Big Fish. I couldn't stop crying. that was so sad.

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone - this is a little too close to another thread, favorite scene.

Yes, I do see the difference but feel that most people won't - they'll put their favorite scene as the best emotional scene... *looks at posts*

So, I'm going to close this, but I'll remain open to any suggestions you all might have.

ETA - okay, I'm leaving it open for now since you're all describing what you consider to be emotional scenes, but if I see duplication, I'm closing this.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moulin Rouge - when Christian is holding Satine in his arms while she's dying . I don't cry at movies, but watching that scene made the waterworks come on. My sis looked at me like I was crazy during that part cause she's not use to seeing me cry.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Loyal Fan

The Notebook when Allie is yelling at Noah in the rain on the dock about not writing her in 7 years and him telling her he did for a whole year. Then a very emotional, passionate embrace/kiss

Old Allie's alzeimers returning during a dinner with old Noah *bawl*
(I almost choked on a gummy bear during that one LOL)

Vote For Gavin Degraw pretty please
Old 09-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Cotton Candy

Oh, there have been so many great emotional moments on the big screen. Captain von Trapp singing with his children for the first time in The Sound of Music, Rose jumping back onto the sinking Titanic to be with Jack, and Hallie and Annie's reunion in The Parent Trap are just a few of my favorites.

Last edited by Nostalgic Journey; 05-15-2005 at 08:25 PM

Old 09-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by LilMouse
Moulin Rouge - when Christian is holding Satine in his arms while she's dying . I don't cry at movies, but watching that scene made the waterworks come on. My sis looked at me like I was crazy during that part cause she's not use to seeing me cry.
I want to add Steel Magnolias. It's always sad watching M'Lynn's rant during Shelby's funeral. I love how it starts off so sad and then Clairee turns it around into a comedic moment.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with Moulin Rouge

Also I cried while watching A walk to remember, Passion of the Christ, and Cruel Intentions ( when Sebastian died )

I have more but I just cant think of any right now
My LJ
Old 09-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rose In Titantic, that she never will let go, and lets go of his hand.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

A lot of my favourite emotional scenes were already mentioned but okay..

Passion of the Christ ~ when Jesus falls down.. and Mary goes to him. Oh god, that had me bawling like a baby.

Moulin Rouge ~ I cry during the whole movie. When Christian says, "the woman I love is dead"... till the end of the movie, I'm bawling. Especially at the end.

The Notebook ~ When Ally & Noah are arguing and when old Ally's memory comes back for a few minutes.. and her and old Noah are crying.

Lord of the Rings ~ All three movies make me really sad. On the first movie, it's when Frodo gets injured by those black riders or whatever.. and when Arwen comes... and when she gets rid of those riders, and talks to Frodo.. it's just so sad. On the third movie - when Frodo can't make it anymore, and Sam gets him on his shoulder... and when Pippin is singing..

ok.. that's all I can think of for now, but I always cry during sad scenes, or even really happy ones for the matter...
Old 09-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by True Daisy lover4ever
Rose In Titantic, that she never will let go, and lets go of his hand.
OMG, that scene was incredibly powerful as well.

Old 09-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Minority Report: When the PreCog was at Tom's and his wifes house and was telling them how their sons life would've been if he had lived...{{sigh}}. The first thing she says is "Theres so much love in this house" and after she's finished telling them she says, "There was so much love in this house" and the lights coming through the window behind her. It was just a visually and emotionally beautiful scene. I would've cried if I hadn't been in the theatre.

Magnolia: When the gay character(can't remember his name or the guy who played him's name either) is in the bar with the bartender he has a crush on and he crying and he say's "I have so much love to give, and nobody to give it to" or something like that. I felt so bad for him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread