Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

For me, it's A Walk To Remember and Titanic. I already expected them to be tear jerkers but they turned out to be even better than I expected. I expected them to be more cheesy but they turned out to be very well written and well acted. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

My Girl is the ultimate for me. I just can't help but start bawling when she runs into the funeral parlor at the end.

Also, E.T. "I'll be right here" The end...I just can't take it.

Not much else makes me cry, I love a witty romantic comedy like You've Got Mail, but it doesn't make me cry, I just think it's funny! For the most part I can't stand sappy chick flicks [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Pay it Forward: The ending really made me cry. It was a good ending though. It really made people want to join in on his plan.

An Affair To Remember: This is an old movie in black/white with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr (I don't know if I spelled the names correctly). As usual, I was Niagra Falls at the end of this movie. How can I talk about the movie without giving anything away? All I can say is that they were going to reunite, but she couldn't because something happened. Then, at the end, when he saw her again, he didn't know until he opened the door and saw the painting. I know this isn't making sense, but if you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. I don't usually cry during movies but I couldn't help it when I saw this one. I'd watch it over and over and over and I still end up bawling.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:04 AM
Extreme Fan

An affair to remember is a classic!!

There's a lot of references made to it in Sleepless in Seattle
Old 12-30-2003, 01:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Some of my favorite comedies to watch with my friends is The Sweetest thing, 10 Things I hate about you, and Clueless [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Perfect for hilarious conversation, reminising and ice cream lol.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well, I cry in almost every single movie I watch but the ultimate tear jerkers are:

A Walk to Remember
Seriously, from the moment Jamie told Landon she was sick, my face was wet and stayed wait till the end of the movie. I cried hardest when Jamie was talking to her dad. I can't take sad family moments.

Armageddon
Like someone else said, not a chick flick but incredibly sad. I don't think I've ever bawled as much as I did when Grace was saying bye to her dad on the monitor thing. I can't take goodbye scenes and when it's between family members, I'm a goner.

This isn't a tear jerker (well, it'll make you cry, but I don't think of it as a tear jerker) but Love Actually is a great "chick" flick. It's funny, touching and heart warming. The storyline with Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson...that one's a tear jerker. Emma Thompson was AMAZING.

[ 12-30-2003: Message edited Girlfriend ]
Old 12-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuffy:
<STRONG>An affair to remember is a classic!!

There's a lot of references made to it in Sleepless in Seattle</STRONG>

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Sleepless In Seattle [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] AATR is also a remake of Love Affair which just gets me bawling at the end [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

To reiterate what everyone else has already said, A Walk To Remember totally plucks on my hearts strings. I'm not usually the chick flick type, but this one really got to me & had me wiping my eyes at the end. I have to admit, it's one of my all time favourite movies.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Absolute Fan

The best Tear Jerker for me is Steel Magnolias. When Sally Field breaks down at the funeral, I cry every single time. I'm getting teary just thinking about it.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Fan

The movies that make me cry my eyes out are The Green Mile and Titanic. Best chick flick ever is My Best Friend's Wedding and She's All That in close second.
Im such a sap.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

William Shakespears Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio and Clare Danes. [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]
Untamed Heartswith Christin Slater and Marisa Tomei [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

"Lamb laider an nach tar."
(No sickness worse than secret love.)
Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

The Ultimate of Tear Jerker Movies...

What is the ultimate of tear jerkers movies,the scene or moment that when you watched it you just felt so much better because you got to release everything, not because you wanted to but because it made such an impact that it created a link and that the film was that powerful and overwhelming.

For me there are a few...
--&gt;Powder: Basically the entire film

--&gt;Joan Of Arc:(with Lee Lee Seboski When she is being crucified and is begging for a crusifix level with her eyes.

--&gt; Romeo and Juliet: This is an incredible film, the connection that it creates even though it was written over 500 years ago - The performance of Leo DiCaprio and Claire Danes is perfect.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

For me, it's I Am Sam... OMG, I basically cried from the beginning to the end. Really.
always open in the middle
Old 01-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Okay don't think I'm weird please. these are the movies I cried the most at the end.

Congo Yes the one with the gorilla. When she signs at the end. I lost it [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

American history X The end was just so [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I was not expecting it and bawled my eyes out.

Titanic we all know why [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 01-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ps_dreamer:
<STRONG>For me, it's I Am Sam... OMG, I basically cried from the beginning to the end. Really.</STRONG>
ITA. It's the only movie that's made me bawl. Every single scene. Plus, it was funny, too. So I'm crying and laughing at the same time...not a pretty sight, lol.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top