Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Benny & Joon (1993) #1

Hey! This is an older movie (1993) but probably one of my very favorites. If you have seen it, post your opinions here, and if you haven't, you should! It's truly an contemperary classic (*ahem* as you can see above).

Cast:Johnny Depp, Mary Stuart Materson, Aidan Quinn, Julianne Moore

Genre:Romantic Comedy/Drama

MPAA Rating: PG

Plot: Joon (Mary Stuart Masterson), a mentally unstable woman who is cared for and overprotected by her older brother, Benny (Aidan Quinn). Benny is about to put her in a medical care facility when someone new comes into their life- Sam (Johnny Depp). Sam is a bit dislexic, a little odd but charming. He wins Joon over and they fall in love.

Pictures:

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited ~*Johanna*~ ]
Old 02-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this movie. I think it's one of Johnny Depp's best. Mary Stuart Masterson did an amazing job, too.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] I was going to tape it this Thursday, but didn't get the chance. So I still have to see the movie. I love the first pic after the intro thing you posted, Johnny looks so odd their. But he is still the best
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

I love this movie. I was obsessed with Aiden for the longest time.

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

I own the DVD. It's a good movie, it makes me feel good and "aww" afterwards which is good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Johnny's face expressions in this movie were priceless.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I haven't seen the movie since I was a little kid but the main parts I remember are the parts with Johnny in the tree, the part with the bread roll dance (which was stolen from Charlie Chaplin's movie The Gold Rush), and the ending song. My friend and my sister and I used to sing that all the time.

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 5000 more...
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Maliejandra:
<STRONG>the ending song. My friend and my sister and I used to sing that all the time.

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 5000 more...</STRONG>
Actually, I think that song is at the beginning as well as the end. I love it!

...just to be that man who walks a thousands miles.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Ahhh that's a great song, isn't it? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

When I first saw this, I was like, "That's it. I am marrying you Johnny!" He was my first pin up. I had him all over my walls. I think it was Ed Scissorhands though that started it. My only fave roles of his would be Sam and Jack Sparrow. *Must rent every one of Johnny's films and watch them again*

Johnny is worthy of worship, even though he would hate it. Very modest man.

"You're out of your tree?"
"It's not my tree."

And I don't think it's old enough to be classed as a classic. Only 11 years old! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited olivious ]
Old 02-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I love this movie, I got it for X-mas this year on DVD, but I've been in love with it ever since my Johnny-obsessed friend showed it to me on VHS a few years ago. We could never find it anywhere to rent it, so eventually, we just bought it.

I really think Sam might be one of my favourite Johnny Depp characters of all time. He's up there with Ichabod, and of course, Jack Sparrow. And I loved Joon as well. No way I could hate her, crazy and an artist, like me. Except for the crazy part. I think.

They were so cute, and I love the song "500 miles", and how they played "Have A Little Faith In Me" during the Joon/Sam cuteness.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay I did say that I hadn't seen it, but yesterday it was on TV. So I taped it and watched the first 45minutes on TV. I love the part when he is up in the tree and when she first talks to him. And the other funny part that I have seen was the part when they are in the diner and he's doing that little dance with the hotdog buns. I couldn't stop laughing after that for like 5 minutes. Because I haven't seen Johnny in that many movies I think that my fave character of his is Jack Sparrow and then Sam

"You're out of your tree?"
"It's not my tree."
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think this is one great movie. Johnny and Mary were wonderful in their roles. The part in the park was my favorite part in the movie. It's really cute and very family friendly, so good for the kids, I think. I would recommend this movie to anyone.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great sweet little movie, definetely my favorite Johnny Depp film. I love how he irons his grilled cheese. So cute!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Total Fan

I love this movie! I saw it quite recently for the first time.

I love the part when he is swinging outside her hospital room window. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Emzmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Emzmit:
<STRONG>I love the part when he is swinging outside her hospital room window. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That's my favorite part. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited ~*Johanna*~ ]