Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

One of my fave movie of all the time was Before Sunrise, i can't wait watching before sunset, and i can't wait come out here in italy, anyway is it good as the sunrise?
its*all*happening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by its*all*happening:
One of my fave movie of all the time was Before Sunrise, i can't wait watching before sunset, and i can't wait come out here in italy, anyway is it good as the sunrise?
i thought it was better than 'before sunrise'....one reason being i'm a little bit older now....just like "celine" and "jesse"....more in tune to who i am, maybe not that much wiser, but perhaps a little bit more aware of the lost chances and oppurtunities of my youth.....

the other reason i liked this film so much is that it was told in "real" time with a non stop, smart and relevant dialouge between "celine" and "jesse"....

Quote:
The ending to the movie though snuck up on me though. It's one of those endings like the first one when I went that's it! But it does grow on you. It's wonderfully understated. I hope they return to these characters later on I heard that rumor. It would be interesting to see where they would take it.
i loved the ending....i thought it was most appropriate......

"baby your going to miss your plane"

"i know".......

to be continued?
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

GOD. That was SO intensely good. Like mukooh, I liked the sequel more than the first one. I think maybe it's because the second one was much more...sure and more confident and just more elegant than the first. The real timeness, plus the fact that they were older and just more experienced and had more time to reflect upon lost opportunities made it just better and more pressing and more lovely. The ending was AMAZING and though I've heard from some people that they thought it wasn't enough, I thought it was simple yet elegant. It worked and left the rest up to imagination. If you haven't watched this movie, WATCH IT.
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Absolute Fan

After getting out of the theater I thought I was 'going to kill myself'. The ending really snuck up on me a lot...but after a few hours I realized the ending was perfect...and it is. My friend wanted to see it, so my sister and I went with her and she was really surprised too...but I think she'll grow into it.

I keep asking myself which one I like better, I'm pretty sure it was this one. I'll actually see it again in the theater. i reccomend seeing it in the theater, it's a different experience.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Before Sunrise/ Before Sunset

I just love both movies so much. That last scene in Before Sunset was mind blowing.

"Baby, You're going to miss that plane."
"I know."

I totally wasn't expecting that. The film was just so well written and acted. That scene in the car was so intense. I can't wait until the DVD comes out.

"It's not that I want to kill her. I just want her not to be alive anymore." - Stewie (Family Guy)
Luckylyn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah I love it so much too! That movie was just so mind blowing in it's simplicity. I like those kinds of movies!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Before Sunset = HIGHLY HIGHLY GOOD. Probably my favourite movie this year so far.

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 06-27-2018 at 02:19 PM Reason: Moved posts
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

The ending was absolutely mind blowing and I loved it. So simple but amazing. I just loved both movies.

"It's not that I want to kill her. I just want her not to be alive anymore." - Stewie (Family Guy)
Old 08-15-2004, 02:21 AM
Addicted Fan

When Before Sunrise first came out, I was too young to even care about it. I was watching it for the first time a couple months ago, and thought it was one of the most original and refreshing films I've ever seen in my life. While the initial plot itself may not seem realistic (meeting an attractive stranger during a trip in a foreign country and hitting it off? Very fantasy-like, indeed.), the dialogues made both the characterizations and plot development some of the most authentic and truthful there are nowadays.

I really wish that I can see Before Sunset on the big screen, but I can't go there by myself (17 years old and still without a license.. *sigh*) and none of my friends and family members is interested.. Guess I'll have to wait until it comes on DVD.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, I can't believe there is a thread for this movie. I saw "Before Sunrise" on video when I was 17. I really recommend seeing the new one in the theatre. I'm glad I live in Chicago, where it's playing at a lot of theatres.

I agree the ending was mind blowing. I loved it. I left the theatre floating.
If, going forward, we can channel our justifiable anger into peaceful, sustained, and effective action, then this moment can be a real turning point in our nation’s long journey to live up to our highest ideals. Let's get to work. -Barack Obama

Pia | icon by
wanderer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't seen the movie yet, in Italy is coming out in november, can't wait until november, anyway i love the trailer, i watch almost two times everyday, i love the part when Celine and Jesse are on the restaurant and she ask him "Do you look any different"? " I do" and then Jesse "I have to see you naked", fantastic!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Jay
Master Fan

i'm thinking of seeing it...so "before sunset" is the sequel to "before sunrise"? i have never seen the first one...but is it out on DVD?

the trailer for "before sunset" looks intriguing.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah the trailer is really intriguing and beautiful, by the way, yes before sunrise is out on dvd in america ...
Old 08-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think you have to see Before Sunrise in order to understand Before Sunset. They do a good job at the beginning of the movie of giving you the jist of what happened in the previous film. Before Sunset can stand on it's own. Although I recommend seeing both movies cause they are amazing.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You don't need to see "Before Sunrise". I haven't seen it years, and "Before Sunset" stood very well on it's own.
If, going forward, we can channel our justifiable anger into peaceful, sustained, and effective action, then this moment can be a real turning point in our nation’s long journey to live up to our highest ideals. Let's get to work. -Barack Obama

Pia | icon by
wanderer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top