Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No one involved in the productions considered this an injustice in 1994 because Julie was just getting established in the U.S. while Ethan was one of the biggest stars in his age range, getting offered seemingly every project in the industry.
My thoughts exactly Ethan had led big Hollywood movies by that point such as Dead Poet's Society. The established name will obviously earn the bigger amount.

Quote:
It’s likely the trilogy would not exist if Ethan didn’t choose to come to Vienna that summer and work for a fraction of what he could have been making on another project. That’s Ethan—an artist, not a businessman, a guy who’s turned down millions many times over because he was following his artistic impulses rather than careerist or material ones. He’s made a career of this, time and time again coming aboard indie films for little to no money—it’s really admirable and a great example for performing artists who are serious about their art.
Lovely words about Ethan from Richard
Old 01-26-2020, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Cool piece in Sunday’s @nytimes on the 25th anniversary of #BEFORESUNRISE . I remember Rick and Julie and I having a ton of laughs trying to decide what books our characters should be reading when they meet on the train. We decided Jesse should have "All I Need is Love," Klaus Kinski's memoir- it's mind blowingly brilliant & very revealing about the devious nature of Jesse's secret mind. For Celine, "Story of the Eye"- by Georges Bataille- if you know that book- you know Jesse is outmatched.

Link to online article in bio.
Come visit the Stargirl forum !
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow 25 years and Ethan posting a newspaper article, I it! Thanks for bringing it over Jen

There will probably never be a trilogy like this again. One that ages the characters in real time to match up with the actors and their own life journeys.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I need to do a rewatch
Old 02-06-2020, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

This sounds interesting. What order should I watch the movies in?
dh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh23 (View Post)
This sounds interesting. What order should I watch the movies in?
The order goes:

Before Sunrise --> Before Sunset --> Before Midnight

Please come back here if/when you manage to watch them and let us know what you think!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top