Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

He's her protector and they serve as each other's emotional cores and consciences She gives him a reason to keep fighting.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'd have killed her first. Dead weight.

I love this movie so much. Never seen the sequel, but I really, really, really adore this movie!
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
I'd have killed her first. Dead weight.

They used Noriko as his source of strength. Sounds crazy when you see how co-dependent she is but the promise he made to Nobu, plus his "I'll wait for you", were obviously indicative of where the story would go for them as a pair.

Quote:
I love this movie so much. Never seen the sequel, but I really, really, really adore this movie!

SAME!

I wasn't interested in the sequel for a long time, until I learned more about it. Linda has shared some info which sounds good. Shuya would be my main draw for watching it, but the character arc of Kitano's daughter sounds good, too.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-14-2018, 12:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Sounds really interesting Linda

I'll see if it comes onto Amazon I actually checked and there's a movie called Battle Royale Bangkok Is this like Ninja Warrior where every country's going to steal it from Japan?

I just found a photo of the sequel. Yep, it's different for sure the teens look more like the military in the first movie. Plus, you said there's a time gap so I guess Shuya's not too young anymore

https://myworldvsthemovies.files.wor...equiem-231.jpg
I love that pic, it's from one of my favourite scenes in the sequel, I won't spoil what happens in it, you'll just have to watch to find out btw the girl in the middle in the pic is Kitano's daughter Shiori, the boy next to her was one of her classmates called Takuma, he's the main male character besides Shuya in the sequel, and the other guy of course is Shuya. That's a great pic with the 3 main lead characters all together in one shot and yes, in the sequel the students were forced into the military to kill Shuya, that was the concept of the new revamped BR program, so it's very different.

As for 'Battle Royale Bangkok'. as far as I know that movie has absolutely no connection to the Japanese BR franchise, but it might have taken some inspiration from the Japanese BR franchise, I don't know I haven't seen it, or maybe they just took the name..."Battle Royale" isn't exactly copyrighted, there are some movies out there that are completely different but have the same or similar names/titles.

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 06-14-2018 at 07:43 PM
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it would matter if I was spoiled about the sequel because I won't remember!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Kitano was a very complex character, because in flashbacks you would see the person he tried to be to the kids. He wanted to teach class like any normal person, but he was dealing with delinquents on a daily basis who had no respect for authority, and at home he was dealing with a family who (for whatever reason) didn't respect him, either.

It's just bizarre to see the morbid/vicious way that he ends up addressing the same kids in the camp on the island who he once was responsible for in school.

Nobu is an example of someone who makes Kitano's temper, and his desperate need for revenge, somewhat understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
As for 'Battle Royale Bangkok'. as far as I know that movie has absolutely no connection to the Japanese BR franchise, but it might have taken some inspiration from the Japanese BR franchise, I don't know I haven't seen it, or maybe they just took the name..."Battle Royale" isn't exactly copyrighted, there are some movies out there that are completely different but have the same or similar names/titles.

I might check that out one day. Curious to know the similarities/differences.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-15-2018, 10:13 PM
Absolute Fan

yeah Kitano was a complex character, but like I said Shiori's main problem with her father was his creepy relationship with Noriko, which was the source of Shiori's envy, jealousy and tension with her father, but she still loved her father, she just didn't have a particularly good relationship with him. The main reason she agreed to participate in the new BR program was to kill Shuya and avenge her family.
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
yeah Kitano was a complex character, but like I said Shiori's main problem with her father was his creepy relationship with Noriko, which was the source of Shiori's envy, jealousy and tension with her father, but she still loved her father, she just didn't have a particularly good relationship with him.
I always wondered -- was it all in people's heads that there was an inappropriate relationship between Kitano and Noriko, or was it being insinuated that something did actually happen at some point?

Remember the flashback of when she came into class and nobody else bothered to turn up? He stands there slightly in awe of her. I always figured their creepy dreams were more to do with how Kitano highly regarded Noriko because she was the odd one out and actually treated him with respect.

Quote:
The main reason she agreed to participate in the new BR program was to kill Shuya and avenge her family.
That's both sad and understandable at the same time. It's sad that Shuya is holding the weight of responsibility for it all.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
or was it being insinuated that something did actually happen at some point?
I don't remember a lot of the movie as it was so long since I saw it, but I do remember thinking this at the time!
Old 06-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
I don't remember a lot of the movie as it was so long since I saw it, but I do remember thinking this at the time!

I've seen it dozens of times, and I still can't figure it out

If something DID happen, then I think it explains why Kitano was so emotionally wrecked and why Noriko was so introverted.

Also, I think the simple hint of some inappropriate sexual tension really does explain why both characters are so connected
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-17-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's definitely implied because if I've only seen it once and that's one factor I remember, I think it's safe to assume there's something there.

So I went to watch my copy of BR only to find there are no subtitles.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I think it's definitely implied because if I've only seen it once and that's one factor I remember, I think it's safe to assume there's something there.
She's the only one who he feels spiritually connected to, plus the ice lollies scene was way too vivid to just be in there for no deeper reason.

She even wakes up and tells Shogo that she thinks there's more going on with Kitano than people realize, so I think Noriko's torn between feeling sorry for him + fearing him.

Quote:
So I went to watch my copy of BR only to find there are no subtitles.
NOOOOO

Downloads can be risky I really hope you find a copy with subtitles
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I shouldn't have downloaded it, it's a So that's what I get for that.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Well I shouldn't have downloaded it, it's a So that's what I get for that.

I used to have so many issues with torrent speeds I got so bored by the time something had downloaded, usually 48 hours later

Are there any other copies? Hope you get one so that we can talk more about it in here
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it comes back to Netflix. That seems my best bet.
Reply   Post New Thread