Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Batman (2022) #1 - Coming To Theaters on March 4, 2022. Set the date!

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 01-08-2021 at 02:42 AM
Old 10-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Such good news

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 10-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

J.K. Simmons ‘Excited’ for Ben Affleck’s ‘Batman’ Movie

Quote:
If you’re excited to see Ben Affleck’s standalone Batman film, you’re not the only one. J.K. Simmons, fresh from co-starring with Affleck in The Accountant, told Yahoo Movies that he’s also looking forward to it. “I’m really excited to be working with Ben and, in the future, to be working with Ben on both sides of the camera,” Simmons noted. “He is such a, you know, not just a great actor, but a moviemaker. And he knows, certainly much more than I do, I mean, we’ve had this conversation. He loves writing and producing and directing and being that, and loves going back forth between that and acting.”

Affleck and Simmons didn’t know they’d be working together again, because The Accountant was filmed before Zack Snyder and company had landed on Simmons for the part of Commissioner Gordon in Justice League. Still, Affleck told Yahoo Movies that when the news came, he was pleased. “We did [The Accountant] a year and a half ago, but once [Simmons] was cast, I, obviously, had a great relationship with him from this, and I thought it was a great idea,” Affleck said.

While he might be impressed with Affleck’s ability to do it all on the film set, Simmons is not looking to emulate him. “I myself am so lazy that all I want to do is be the guy who does the work and then goes and sits in his trailer and waits ’til they call him to go do some more work,” the Oscar winner said, laughing.
As for when Ben Affleck’s first Batman film will be released, that remains to be seen. Joe Manganiello, who will play the villainous Deathstroke in the movie, told Entertainment Tonight that they’re filming in spring 2017.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/j-k-sim...184254998.html
Old 10-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

I love J.K. Simmons! Thanks, Lyndell

Old 10-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben Affleck on 'The Batman': "It's not a movie you can fail quietly at" - Batman News
Quote:
Ben Affleck is still hard at work on his script for The Batman, and revealed in a new interview with IGN that he was working on it as recently as last week when he was in the UK to promote The Accountant.

“Last night I spent (time) working on the script,” Affleck said. “I’m in full-on ‘trying to get it right mode’. It’s not the kind of movie that you can fail quietly at. You have to really be sure that I have something that I feel really confident about before we go forward.”

Affleck is the kind of director who always puts out high quality work, but you have to wonder if the backlash to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice made him really want to step up his game. In interview after interview it’s clear that he’s not going to make The Batman until he’s 100% ready, even if Joe Mangienello says production is scheduled for the spring.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-28-2016, 12:41 AM
New Fan

In the early 2000's I used to say that Ben Affleck has the perfect face for Bruce Wayne. Boy was I glad to see that happen in 2016
Old 10-28-2016, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Quote:
Do you find bigger films like “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” as fulfilling as the smaller projects?

Less so, because they’re so slow. There’s a lot of waiting around and then a huge amount of publicity. One spends 70% of the time doing publicity, 10% of the time filming, and 20% of the time waiting.

I love working with Ben [Affleck] and Zack Snyder. They’ve been fun.

What was your approach to Alfred? He seems more a man of action than previous takes on the character?

I remember an evening with Paul Getty, who was a neighbor of mine, now sadly dead. We drove up to his lovely house. A very nice gentleman opened up the car door. Then another very nice gentleman took the car and parked it somewhere. Another nice gentleman took my coat. And then another nice gentleman gave me a glass of champagne. And all those nice gentleman*were SAS. I thought, that’s Alfred. He’s a man who will take care of his boss, whether he’s making coffee or pouring champagne or flying his airplane.

Will he have more to do in “Justice League” than he did in “Batman v Superman”?

Similar, but then, of course, Ben’s going to make a Batman film next summer. He promises me there’s going to be a bit more of Alfred in that. In the “Justice League” we have seven major lead characters and I’m the butler to one of them. It’s clear I will not be dominating that film.

Were you upset by the harsh reviews for “Batman v Superman”?

Not at all. I was very pleased by the numbers. Zack seems to get a hard time from the press, which is strange. I don’t know if it has to do with the sort of secrecy that surrounds the making of it all. But the audience liked it, which in the end is all that matters.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Jeremy Irons is great!!

Old 11-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
“when i met ben we sat down and we talked about, you know, the role,” said manganiello, as transcribed by a reddit user in the deathstroke subreddit. “we talked about the movie. His take is a fresh take but i think the audience is going to be surprised, because it’s a road that no one’s really gone down that’s completely integral to, you know, who batman is. And i think it’s gonna be refreshing but at the same time completely familiar. But it’s going to take this franchise in a direction that i think a lot of people are going to be really happy about. It’s going to be gritty and action packed and cerebral and all of those elements that people love about batman.”

manganiello also complimented affleck as a director. “ben’s a great director, man. I mean the last movie that man directed won best picture. He’s got an oscar for writing. Like, this is all the components to go down as a… everything is lined up for a really really really great movie. Not only a superhero movie but just a great great movie.”

so far, manganiello is becoming the go-to source for information on “the batman,” which still doesn’t have an official title or a release date. But so far, the actor has revealed that the film is scheduled to start filming in spring 2017.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 AM
New Fan

Jeremy Irons is awesome.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

I agree

Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Joe talking about 'The Batman' movie
Old 12-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben explains where he is with the ' Batman' solo movie and why he is in no rush
Old 12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben Affleck Talks Batman Standalone Film, Praises ‘Dark Knight’ | Variety
Quote:
His next film, “The Batman,” finds him donning the cape and cowl again. He will also slide behind the camera. Affleck indicated that he expected the film will begin shooting in the spring.

“We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together,” he said. “We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”