Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2016, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news!

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 12-15-2016, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You're welcome
Jeremy Irons Confirms 'The Batman' Shoot Date; Teases A Hands-On Alfred For 'Justice League'
https://smtvreports.blogspot.mx/2016...hoot-date.html

Quote:
On how Alfred is going to deal with not only a world filled with Batman and Superman but also Metahumans, Atlanteans, Amazonians, and so on Irons said, "I think he's waiting with baited breath to see what is going to happen. He's in the employ of Bruce Wayne and he doesn't always agree with him but I think he'll help where he can. And I'm not sure in Justice League we'll see that much of him because we have five superheroes to deal with and Alfred is just the batman [a term for the soldier-servant of a commissioned officer in the British military] of one of them. It'll be very interesting to see where he gets to, when we get to Ben's production of Batman this spring. I haven't read the script of it yet. I think all of us who are sort of normal human beings, which Alfred is, we watch the gods with amazement and some spite."

The reporter, who interviewed Irons, was one of the journalists who were on set of Justice League and saw concept art of Alfred being a tail gunner on the Flying Fox [the giant aircraft Alfred and Bruce Wayne transformed into a mobile command center for the Justice League], so he asked Irons if it was fun to get in on the action. "Yeah, Alfred is a very hands-on," Irons explained. "What I based Alfred on really was a close neighbour of mine, used to be before he died, Paul Getty. I remember the first time I went to dinner with him. I reached gates and a very kind gentleman took my car and parked it. I walked in and another very kind gentleman took my coat. And then Paul showed us through the hall and another very kind gentleman gave me a glass of champagne and then a very kind gentleman served us dinner. I learned during the evening that every kind gentleman who had been taking care of me was actually an ex-SAS member who was there to protect Paul. I thought, yeah, that's Alfred really. He's there. He'll do anything. That's where he comes from. That's his mind-set. He'll wash the dishes, but he'll also be a tail gunner."

On the topic of Affleck's The Batman, Irons explained, "I'm interested and I'd hold judgement until I read the script. We will see. Ben's a great consummate director and I'll be fascinated to see what he comes up with."
Old 01-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 01-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Banned

Cool, They are making another batman movie....
Old 01-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ben Affleck kicks off big year with 'Live by Night' before (maybe) 'Batman'
Quote:
Affleck, 44, also plans to direct himself in a solo Batman movie — all the trickier with that cumbersome batsuit.

"I know what’s it's like to be in the suit,"
says Affleck, pondering the notion at the Beverly Hilton. "We’ll have to modify the suit to make it a little bit easier to put on and take off. When you are in it, you can be sweating, crazy and exhausted, do your part and walk away. But when you’re a director, you can’t walk away. You have to be there for everybody.

"Chief among the challenges of doing Batman, will be finding a suit that’s more comfortable,"
he says.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

When is this movie coming out?
Old 01-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Still hasn’t been confirmed when, but rumored to be released in 2018
Old 01-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Banned

That movie is cool.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't watch yet the last movie of Batman, but I like Affleck as director, so I believe the next one will be very cool!

Old 01-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Huge change Ben stepping down from directing the movie
Ben Affleck Steps Down as Director of The Batman
Old 02-01-2017, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 02-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news

Old 02-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
“i’m somebody that likes to start preparing way ahead of time. So i’ve read almost all the comic books involving him. Just to get the information out of them. Some of them are useful. Some of them are not going to be useful. Because ultimately the script—that’s my text. I have to play that.

“i started katana training recently. Like live sword training and i started meeting with various martial arts teachers and discussing with them. “ok, so what are the most offensive styles of martial arts”. Ones where you’re not waiting for someone to attack you but ones where you’re looking to make the attack. Then what are the most deadly ones? Where are the scrolls, the ancient japanese scrolls that have these really deadly techniques that you don’t teach to the average student out the street? Something that only somebody who would go looking for it that are really really bad, you know, are dangerous. Like, what are those?

“ok, so now what are the stances? What are like some really unorthodox stances that someone who learns say ninjutsu would stand in? Ok, so now what if that person lost an eye? If that person lost an eye how would they then alter the stance so that you would have better peripheral vision. What would that look like? So then you start cooking, and then you start building a story. Kind of outside-in. That’s like a very physical way to build a story.

“then on the other side of it, like i said, i’m looking at the script rather than the comic books. I mean the comic books are giving me a good general kind of area of what we’re talking about. Where this characters located. But the script is really like, you know. Because they might change the canon. There’s been like 3 or 4 different ways that he’s lost his eye. Are we doing one of those? Or are we doing it a completely new way? Like, i need to play that.”
Old 02-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 02-23-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Matt Reeves to Direct and Produce "The Batman" - WarnerBros.com - The Studio - News

Quote:
Confirmed!! Matt reeves is the director of the new movie of 'The Batman in an official statement by Warner,
Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that Matt Reeves (" Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ", " Cloverfield ") has been established to lead " The Batman ". Reeves will also serve as a producer on the new adventure of independent action focused on one of the superheroes more emblematic of dc. The announcement was made by Toby Emmerich, president and director of content of Warner Bros. Pictures group. Emmerich stated: " We are delighted that Matt Reeves take the helm of Batman, the jewel in the crown of our chalkboard dc. The deep roots of Matt in the genre films and their evolution in a director of construction of the emotional world, make it the perfect director to guide the dark knight through this next trip ".

Matt Reeves stated: " I have loved. The batman story since i was a child. He is a character so iconic an iconic and compelling character, and one that resonates with me deeply. I am incredibly honored and excited to be working with Warner Bros. To bring an epic and emotional new take on the caped crusader to the big screen."

Last edited by lyndell75; 02-23-2017 at 07:35 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread