Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

"B" Story Line

The average moviegoer falls in love with a movie because of the "A" Storyline, the main plot that normally features the big name actors.

But I was watching The Last Kiss the other day and I realized I cared more for the "B" storyline about Blythe Danner and Tom Wilkinson then the actual main story of the movie.

What B storyline did you find yourself watching and wishing it was actually in the forefront of the movie. Was it the concept of it or the actors portraying it that made you enjoy it more?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Wonderful thread!

I have to say B plots sometimes are more important than the A plot because it gives the movie depth and credibilty. Also, it supports the movie while the A plot is doing it's thing.

I have to say that while 300 is not historically accurate (thank goodness since it wouldn't have been as much fun!) I loved its political B plot. It's one thing to go, fight and die as a hero, it's another to have to stand up to a bunch of hostile and powerful people and argue your way out of a mess. Some would say dying is the easy part.