Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2009, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^-Yeah I totally agree. While sequels are often nice, Avatar doesn't need it. It got the right kind of closure.

ETA-

So my dad got me the video game for Avatar! I can't wait to play it. You can either play as a human or one of the Navi. I honestly can't imagine playing as a human so I think I'll be playing as the Navi for the most part since I'm 100% on their side.
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 12-25-2009 at 10:13 AM
Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

It was one of the best movies of the year.

I might watch it again. Im sure I would actually if it's length was shorter.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackersandJen (View Post)

I might watch it again. Im sure I would actually if it's length was shorter.
I agree. It was a bit too long... Nevertheless, i loved it.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What part did you find dragging?
I thought it was awesome also with the length.
I was having a good time maybe also because of the people I went with...dunno.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the links, I'll definitely have to check out icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa major (View Post)
I don't think there needs to be a sequel to this movie. Everything was covered that needed to be covered. The Natives faired pretty well, and I would guess everyone is happy with the ending we got for Neytiri and Jake. Everything doesn't have to have a sequel. Everything doesn't need a sequel. Personally, I like AVATAR being the one and only of this story.
Eeeexactly. Everything was tied up quite nicely and there were no loose ends, it was a great ending. Leave it alone, I say no to sequels!

I had someone come up to me at work the other day and ask me whether or not they should bother with the film in 3D (I work in a cinema), because someone told them it was crap I couldn't believe it! Considering the technology that was invented purely for this film, and the fact it was MADE for 3D, that just blows my mind. I think sometimes people miss the point of 3D, and don't realise that it's for more than just things popping out at your face (which can also be fun, to be fair). But to me, it was more about the massive amount of detail in Pandora, the depth perception and how immersed you could become in this world, how real it felt. I don't think it would have quite the same effect in 2D - well, I've seen bits of it in 2D on my breaks, and it's definitely not the same.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
I had someone come up to me at work the other day and ask me whether or not they should bother with the film in 3D (I work in a cinema), because someone told them it was crap I couldn't believe it!
I can't believe it. The 3D is a huge part of what makes this movie so amazing. I've also seen bits and pieces in 2D and it doesn't do it justice, which makes me wonder what direction they will go for the DVD release. I can't imagine watching this movie again without the spectacular views that 3D provided.

Experience the Legacy
Old 12-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

the moive was kind of long but i still loved it! j & n are so cute! their love is epic! ooh i would love a j & n couple thread! <3 =D
Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 PM
New Fan

the movie is awesome! ..Hopefully they make a sequel
Old 12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Avatar is better watched in 3D and watching it in 2D is definitely not the same. I'm glad I watched it in 3D (but I also watched it in 2D).

I doubt there'll be a sequel. It would be hard to think of another plot...
I'll keep your things right where you left them
I'll be here for you
Old 12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunlikely (View Post)
Avatar is better watched in 3D and watching it in 2D is definitely not the same. I'm glad I watched it in 3D (but I also watched it in 2D).

I doubt there'll be a sequel. It would be hard to think of another plot...
Someone was telling me (don't know where they got their info) that Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana where signed on to do sequels for this movie is this release was a success. With the box office numbers its been bringing in we can safely say its a success.

However, like you, I'm wondering where could the story possibly go next? I guess more sky people could come, or a battle could start between the clans on Pandora or we could see the ramifications of the destruction the war did to the eco-system etc. But none of those scenarios sound interesting to me. I fear if they do a sequel its going undermine the greatness of the first.

Experience the Legacy
Old 12-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa major (View Post)
I fear if they do a sequel its going undermine the greatness of the first.
That's exactly why I don't want a sequel

By the way Lostbeth, your icon and sig are AWESOME!!! I don't know how you did that, but I it.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

A sequel would tarnish the movie. It was pretty amazing. Not the best in 30 years, IMO. But amazing. For this year. And for the technology, for this decade.

kenny | credit
Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw the 3D version today. I loved it. I can't wait for it to go to DVD. I was so busy gawking at everything that I probably missed some important dialogue.

It's funny...when I go to the theatre I almost always see people checking their Blackberries, phones...or they're talking and kids are whining. During Avatar I saw none of that and only one person around me actually got up to go to the washroom. I swear everyone just seemed mesmerized. I know I was! After awhile you just forget that you are watching CGI and believe these characters are just as real as any other actor on screen.

I agree, a sequel would ruin it. James Cameron is so creative I would prefer he move onto another new project. The only problem being...it takes him forever to develop a concept from scratch.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoobygang (View Post)
I agree, a sequel would ruin it. James Cameron is so creative I would prefer he move onto another new project. The only problem being...it takes him forever to develop a concept from scratch.
Yes he is, which gives me some solace if a sequel is made, and he's involved, which he likely would be. I have yet to see him "mess up" a movie. I think the only movie he did that I felt just okay about was The Abyss. Everything else he's written/directed has been spot on.

Experience the Legacy
Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw this on Saturday spur of the moment and fell in love. This is probably the best movie I have ever seen. Oh and I saw it in 3D
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top