Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Australian Films #1

Aussies [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome to our First Aussie Thread
This is the place to talk about australian movies and our Aussie Stars

Also please Remember try not to post any Spoilers because some of us haven't seen the movies yet [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What was the last Australian movie, you watched?

I don't really remember [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I do follow alot of Australian actors, who are in Oversea movies

Edited - Because I was confused *lol*

[ 03-05-2004: Message edited Crazy_D+J_Fan ]

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 03-18-2015 at 09:08 AM
-Kelly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

:WAVE:

yEaH! Our own thread!

OK the last movie I saw at the cinema... hmmm... Gosh I haven't had time to go to the movies in a LONG time so I think the last movie I watched was Love Actually. I watched Bad Boys II on DVD the other night - I'd never seen it before!

I also think we should discuss our favourite Aussie films. I used to hate Australian movies but they are getting better and better - with filmslike Looking For Alibrandi, The Dishand Ned Kelly just to name a few [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Aussie bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Last movie I saw was Timeline. Hadn't been really interested in seeing it, but ended up going with some friends. It was an OK movie. Pretty fun but a bit slow in parts and had a pretty major plot hole, and the acting left a fair bit to be desired. Still a fun movie though. And I got to see the trailer for Hidalgo (Viggo on a horse [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img] ) before the movie, so it was totally worth going.

Also saw the trailer for Thunderstruck, which is an Aussie movie that looks kinda funny.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:45 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm another Aussie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm in Melbourne and most of the time I go to the Astor but I just got the new calendar and there is like NOTHING to see on it at all [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I think LOTR was the last new movie I saw at the cinema...there just hasn't been much on lately [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Hello peoples! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

The last movie I saw was Underworld. it was pretty good, thought it lacked a decent plot.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aussie - I have "Looking For Alibrandi" on video [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] my aunty and mum hated it...no joke [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] must be the age

Phee - I thought "Mona Lisa Smile" was a little slow but it was good
I wouldn't want to live in the 50's *eek* too much rules back then

Profaine Angel - [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm not into the LOTR and the other 2 movies, it's not for me

GavBot - [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] "Underworld" is so not me
Old 03-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

oh goodie.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]....a thread for discussing australian films....i kind of liked 'love serenade' from a few years ago....the last few scenes of this movie were totally unexpected.....and recently i saw 'japanese story' with toni collette....once again i was totally surprised by the shift in the story about halfway through the film....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:09 AM
Addicted Fan

What a cool idea for a thread!

Last movie I saw at the cinema was *ugh* the fact I have to think...oh! It was 21 Grams...WONDERFUL. I didn't expect to be so..amazed by it..it really made me think about life, and its consequences.

Movies I'm planning to see..The Passion of Christ, I'm not religious at ALL, I just want to see the work that Mel Gibson risked his career and livelihood over. I'd also love to see Thirteen.

Today, I saw 'How To Deal' with Mandy Moore, and I thought it was really sweet. Wasn't just a teen romance as I assumed it was..way more than that. I try to see at least one movie a week..otherwise I just go crazy and grumpy!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome guys!!

Can't Behr 2 B Without Josh [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] "The Passion of Christ"? wow... I'm not going to see this movie, only because I hate gross/scary scenes [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I heard it's got alot of sickie scenes in it and I can't handle it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Can't Behr 2 B Without :
Last movie I saw at the cinema was *ugh* the fact I have to think...oh! It was 21 Grams...WONDERFUL. I didn't expect to be so..amazed by it..it really made me think about life, and its consequences.
i can't recommend this movie enough....

(imo) the acting in '21 grams' is some of the best ensemble acting (naomi, sean and benicio) that i have seen....if naomi hadn't of faced the competition from charlize she would have won the oscar this year..........

meet 'the dreamers'

"making films soley for entertainment is like making soup with only one ingredient"
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Hi there - I think you misunderstood me. This thread should be about Australian films, not a place for people from Australia to hang out and chat (we'd have twenty-million threads like that, if that were the case).

The German movie thread exists because it's easier for them to discuss movies in their native language, but you all speak English, so it's not the same.

I was suggesting that you go ahead and start a thread about Australian movies because they're really their own genre, and we've had successful threads about this in the past (New Zealand movies could be discussed here, too).

Let's change the focus of this thread - I'll start.

I love Australian films - they tend to be quirky and humorous in a really goofy and fun way. Some of my favorite films:

Strictly Ballroom
Lantana
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Welcome to Woop Woop
Muriel's Wedding
Cosi
The Castle

And so many more...

What are some of your favorites? Do you follow Australian actors, even when they're not in Australian films?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I saw Welcome to Woop Woop by mistake a couple weeks ago... Nothing was on TV, so I was like, "Hey, let's watch a typical Australia stereotype!" [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, I LOVE Priscilla. Just something about drag queens, I guess... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You know, it's so confusing to know who even IS an Australia actor anymore. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Nicole Kidman now sounds a weird cross between British and Australian, they made Melissa George American in Charmed, and British in Alias... Isla Fisher was American in Scooby Doo, yeah...? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Just adjusted the first posts questions slightly:

What Australian/Australian actors movies are you planning to see?

I want to see The Passion Of Christ, but I'm kind of scared about how supposedly gory it is. I don't like blood very muchly. Want to see 21 Grams with Naomi Watts and One Perfect Day with Tidy from TSLOU [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and Leanna Walsman.

What was the last Australian movie/s you saw:

Er, The only one that is coming to mind is Take Away. A very yobboish movie about rival fish & chip shops. It's quite amusing in some parts, very very Aussie slangish [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] It has Rose Byrne, Vince Collosimo and Stephen Curry in it, so it's a pretty good cast.

Oh, and Finding Nemo has to be considered part Australian for it's setting and actors. It rocked so much. Such a good movie [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

New question:
What is your favourite Australian movie:

Erm. I can't really think of too many off the top of my head, but I did enjoy Looking For Alibrandi back in the day, and Ned Kelly was quite good - Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom and Joel Edgerton [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Can't be that bad a movie with a cast like that [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
How to Annoy People #31:
Do not add any inflection to the end of your sentences, producing awkward silences with the impression that you'll be saying more any moment.
Shwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Shwaz:
<STRONG>Want to see One Perfect Day with Tidy from TSLOU [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
AHHH! That's where he's from! I couldn't remember where I'd seen him before...

I don't really go to the movies all that much, but I do want to see that movie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

shrrshrr [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry, I was confused [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
And a little bit confused now too [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Are we allowed to talking about our Aussie stars in America and other countries movies too?

I'll change the first page [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread