Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Je not a fan of horrow movies. So I will leave the watching to my cousins if they want to. No plans of joining them.

Fla yup, Madeleine was just ok. I will watch it for In Sung and that one scene where this girl was rocking it out. I liked the song. But I think I liked JIS in Love Impossible more
Old 08-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

theater information for friday 8-5-05.....

Edwards University Town Center 6
4245 Campus Drive, Irvine, CA 92612

2046 (R) 1:55 I 4:45 I 7:30 I 10:00
The Aristocrats (NR) 2:15 I 5:05 I 8:00 I 10:10
The Edukators 2:00 I 4:40 I 7:20 I 10:10
Happy Endings (R) 2:10 I 4:55 I 7:35 I 10:15
Me and You and Everyone We Know (R) 2:05 I 4:40 I 7:45 I 10:05
The Keeper: The Legend of Omar Khayyam (PG) 2:20 I 5:10 I 7:50 I 10:20
Old 08-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

They are playing 2046 here...but so far only at one little theatre in downtown. Grr.

Interview with Zhang Ziyi
Old 08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
They are playing 2046 here...but so far only at one little theatre in downtown.Grr.
so are you going to see it?....wong kar wai films are few and far between.....the theaters that his films are shown in are even fewer and farther between....if you have the chance to see '2046' in a theater...i would suggest you do...just for the reasons stated above.....and also to enjoy the work of his longtime cinematographer, christopher doyle...........

i've seen the film a number of times on dvd....yet i'll be seeing it tomorrow in a theater as well......because there's nothing like seeing a film on the big screen of a theater........
Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 AM
New Fan

I can't believe i totally missed this thread! I just did a post for Memories of Murder, i so could ahve added it here!!!

SO let me add here again :-) Ck out Memories of Murder if u havent already!!!

I am curious about 2046 too...should i watch the prequel? or it wont matter? Its won so many awards!
And i haev to agree Asian films have a certain quality to them that makes them stand out of mainstream american films.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

read your post in the thread that you started....you beat me here!!....here's the korean poster for 'memories of murder'.........

if you like korean films......i would also suggest 'oldboy' and 'a tale of two sisters'......welcome to the thread..
Old 08-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukooh
so are you going to see it?....wong kar wai films are few and far between.....the theaters that his films are shown in are even fewer and farther between....if you have the chance to see '2046' in a theater...i would suggest you do...just for the reasons stated above.....and also to enjoy the work of his longtime cinematographer, christopher doyle...........

i've seen the film a number of times on dvd....yet i'll be seeing it tomorrow in a theater as well......because there's nothing like seeing a film on the big screen of a theater........
Hmmm....that's a good point. I would consider it. Considering I've never seen his films on the big screen before. Always a tape or something using the TV.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

ckohone - welcome!

i have been curious about memories of murder as well. i will put that in my list. hopefully i can get it with this seller...

mukooh- i agree on seeing movies on the big screen. its been accessible for me, however, to buy the dvds or vcds of a movie. but when time permits, i try to catch it on the big screen.

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

thansk rai, isy and je i'll try to se if i can find a copy of Love Impossible

me too, I've never watched a Wong kar wai movie on the big screen, always in dvds or tv

av
Old 08-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

wactched Initial D na. i thought i'll be disappointed with the dvd that i bought coz the first two dialogues didn't have subtitle and the audio's mandarin. googd thing it worked ok as the film went on. Edison's super cute in the film!! there's sth more in him in that film that made him look cuter. and Jay, he's quite funny in the film. Edison and Shawn had few scenes but that's ok. i think Jay pulled off being the lead and them as supporting. i wish i can watch the original manga so i can do some comparisons. the ending is actually, well, i know there would be part 2. nways, i've seen a few racing-themed films but this one made me feel like it's really fun and exciting to speed to the max. or i just like Edison too much. lol it's a good film to watch!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi....haven't seen '2046' at the theater yet.....i was at the theater showing it yesterday.....the crowds seem pretty big going into the one theater where it was playing....i got caught up seeing 'the aristocrats'....and a german film called 'the edukators'.......'2046' has a 10:00 pm showing....so i just might go tonight...or maybe after work next week.....i might even skip work one day next week, to see it.....i really should use up at least one day of the hundreds of hours of sick time that i've accumulated.........

oh..had to stop by work today....and while i was out that way i stopped by my favorite video store...and i rented a copy of 'memories of murder'......funny thing is i'd noticed this title before...but i thought it was an american made film...the dvd, put out by palm, has a completely different cover than the one i've seen on line................am ripping it as i type....all for now.....good weekend to everyone.....what's left of it anyway........
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm so happy that Nicole Kidman and Wong Kar-wai will work together in "THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI". My favourite actress (so beautiful, so talented...) and a genius...their film will rock!

Don't dream it...be it
Television man is crazy saying we're juvenile delinquent wrecks, man I need TV when I got T.Rex?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VU&NICO
I'm so happy that Nicole Kidman and Wong Kar-wai will work together in "THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI". My favourite actress (so beautiful, so talented...) and a genius...their film will rock!
Oh wow!!!

I just saw the trailer for 2046. So beautiful.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

quarterley- if you like zhang ziyi, you'll appreciate her more in 2046 . i loved her there.

vu&nico - welcome! i am actually anticipating any news on lady from shanghai . i like nicole as an actress too, it was on to die for that i liked her a lot.

mukooh- wow, better use up one of your sick days then!

fla - me too, all WKW movies i've seen on video esp since his movies are only shown on indie theaters that are quite far from where i live.

je- i want Initial D too, i better go check the chinese stores.

i bought several korean movies, so i'll keep you all posted once i get it.

to know
me is to love me.

icon credit - mahiwaga at LJ
Old 08-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***isy***
i bought several korean movies, so i'll keep you all posted once i get it.
which ones did you get? I am anticipating April Snow. I hope it becomes available as soon as it premieres in Asia. Or better if it gets released here but most likely if it does it will be in limited theaters and usually far from where I live.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread