Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

The Amityville Horror Series [1979-2017] #1: "Get Out!"

The Amityville Horror series

Works based on the Amityville haunting

----------------------------

Hey People! i am surprised that there isn't a thread for this yet. i didn't see it yet. hopefully soon. Did anybody see it yet? Tell what you thought of it.

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 09-17-2021 at 11:43 AM
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm planning to rent the movie I'm too scared to watch it on the large screen at the movies
Old 04-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

havent seen the movie yet but I am planning on it. I heard it was pretty good
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

I've updated the thread so that people know you're not talking about the original, or the sequels. You may want to be sure to indicate that this is a non-spoiler thread because the film's not original, so you're opening yourself up to spoiler posts.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmnmmm it was an ok remake i guess, not scary enough for me lol. I figure the original is more scary they kinda overdid this one.
MaxPax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

MaxPax13 - thanks for that.

Frankly, I'm not surprised - the appeal of the original (while still somewhat cheesier than they needed to make it) was on the suspense. But then, a lot of horror/scary films were like that back in those days.

Still, that was kind of the point of the story, you know? I really think there's an over-reliance on special effects in many films these days...

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

i am trying to find clips from the movie. not the ones from yahoo.com. just clips that people watched the movie online.
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been searching about the "real" story and I got this
http://www.warrens.net/amityvill.htm
Old 04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Total Fan

I saw Amityville a couple of nights ago. I really liked it. I thought it was pretty creepy. Defintely an interesting ghost story. I don't remember the original though. It has been too long since I have seen it. I want to watch it now.

Thanks for the link Kelly I looked up the Amityville last night but only went to one website. It was mostly about the murders that happened and the trial afterwards. It is a very interesting story indeed. When I have the time I want to read more about it.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Addicted Fan

I really enjoyed the remake and thought it was fantastic. I know nothing about the Amityville story/murders or whatever took place but after seeing the movie I've been reading up on some stuff. I've also never seen the original Amityville Horror. I will have to rent that to see how it pales in comparison to this new remake.
MarstersAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your welcome
Old 04-23-2005, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

I saw the remake two days ago. I think I ended up enjoying it slightly more than the original, although looking back the movies seem so different from one another, it's hard to compare. This one was much, much, much more faster, gorier, gruesome, and frightening than the original, where we never saw the ghosts and the whole film moved a bit too slowly for my liking.

Another good thing about the remake - RYAN! Oh my. Wasn't he so much fun to watch? Not just for the apparent fact that he's quite easy on the eye. He did the whole transition of George perfectly, from a loving and trying dad and husband to a guy who's lost the plot and thinks it's his family who are the crazy ones. Melissa George's Australian accent came through every now and then, but she was okay as well. Her character bugged the hell out of me, but she did what she could with it.

And I loved the new twist they did on the kid's babysitter, by making her a stoner and a hippie instead of that nerd we saw in the original. It was much more effective and - I'm going to sound twisted for this, but whatever - funnier this way.

At some points, the way of filming got too much for me to handle. I’m all up for some blood and guts, but at the beginning and near the end where they did that flashing thing, where it would go back and then a gruesome image would appear, I felt like I was going to have a seizure and I had to look away. It was just a bit too much for me, but that’s okay. I guess that was a good filming technique.

Overall, I thought this movie was good. Not great or spectacular, but enjoyable. I think seeing it at the cinema would be the best way to get maximum “viewing pleasure” out of it lol, so I strongly recommend seeing it on the big screen.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds great but I'm still going to wait for the rent of the dvd movie
Old 04-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Supreme Fan

I totally loved this movie. It was awsome and a nice change to alot of scary movie that are getting repetive storylines.

A enjoyable and engaging haunted house kinda movie was just right, and totally better then the original. I totally aprepicate the prioneer horror films of the 70's and stuff but to todays stantards of horror it's so cheesy!

And Jacqui i'm totally with ya on enjoying Ryan doing this role. And i loved the kinda of creepy humor u saw him do every now and then. Like when little Chelsea's on the roof "Whats wrong with this f__ing family."

This movie is totally worth seeing at the cinema.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"Whats wrong with this f__ing family."
I loved that. And how he kept on making comments like that throughout the film. Heh.

One of the reasons I love, love the original is for its cheesiness. Some parts got a bit boring, but other parts were just hilarious. I will never, ever forget the scene when Cathy looked out the window and saw the yellow eyes, and it did that zoom-in on her blank face. Funniest scene in the history of movie history.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top