Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

All About Buddy Movies

Sometimes "Buddy Films" - films where the protagonists are two people, not one, and they become or are best friends - are some of my favorites...and some of my least favorites!

For example, some of my favorites would be The Killer, Sideways, and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Some of my least favorites would be Dumb and Dumber and any Bob Hope/Bing Crosby road movies.

Now, I'm not talking about movies where the main character has a best friend, I'm talking about films that have two main characters that are or become close - they have to be equally important in the film, not one more important than the other.

What are some of your favorites or most dreaded?

(PLEASE DISCUSS - NO LISTS)

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Oh, come on - you know you want to post!

What about all you Ghost World fans out there? Classic buddy movie!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, Ghost World does have a good buddy theme with Seymour and Enid. I also think that all four of the girls from Now and then is a great buddy film because they stayed best friends even when older.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Forrest and Bubba in Forrest Gump had a great "buddy" relationship. It was sweet, very loyal, very innocent. It's a powerful contrast as the backdrop of this special friendship is the very violent waves of the Vietnam war. I always cry for Bubba, but I can't help but smile at Forrest's fierce dedication to his friend.

Forrest's friendship with Lt. Dan is also very powerful.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Tombstone. The friendship between Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday was amazing. Here are two men with nothing in common - but only love and respect for one other. They were willing to die for one other and how they fought together to make Tombstone, Arizona a better place to live was just inspiring. Not to mention, Doc with his one liners made Wyatt rise above any occasion, even when all hope seem to fail in Wyatt's corner.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

^ I agree. That is one of the things we always talk about (roommate and I). A movie is that much better when the buddy/buddy aspect is believable. It really carries over when you see that the actors genuinely enjoy each other and look out for each other as it comes through the character.