Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
New Fan

After.Life (2009) #1

"After a horrific car accident, Anna (Christina Ricci) wakes up to find the local funeral director Eliot Deacon (Liam Neeson) preparing her body for her funeral. Confused, terrified and feeling still very much alive, Anna doesn’t believe she’s dead, despite the funeral director’s reassurances that she is merely in transition to the afterlife. Eliot convinces her he has the ability to communicate with the dead and is the only one who can help her. Trapped inside the funeral home, with nobody to turn to except Eliot, Anna is forced to face her deepest fears and accept her own death. But Anna’s grief-stricken boyfriend Paul (Justin Long) still can’t shake the nagging suspicion that Eliot isn’t what he appears to be. As the funeral nears, Paul gets closer to unlocking the disturbing truth, but it could be too late; Anna may have already begun to cross over the other side."

Christina Ricci and Liam Neeson together in this one!! It seems pretty scary from the trailer. I'm excited - need a good horror movie in April!

What does everyone else think?? Christina is apparently naked for a large part of it --
horrorfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

I just finished this. It could have been a good movie, had it not been too preoccupied with being ambiguous. The entire exercise is worthless when all we can take away from this is that Liam Neeson and the little boy are super creepy.

It was obvious that Paul, the boyfriend character played by Justin Long, was going to end up as the next body/experiment. Why wait 1 and 40 minutes for the inevitable?

Here's the thing: if they (Liam Neeson and the boy) really had a gift for talking to dead people then there's nothing to the movie because it's set up as a mystery (whether or not the "people" are really dead). It doesn't explore further than that.

IMO, the movie revolves around an irrelevant mystery; it is never explained or explored yet it is the entire focus. It's a shame.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still confused by the end though if she was really dead or if Neeson's character was just insane....

In my opinion, after watching this movie more than once, I thinks he was completely sane and she was really dead and that he had a gift for talking to the dead.
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread