Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Actors And Actresses That Will Ruin/Save Any Movie For You

Ever since The Time Traveler's Wife, every time I see Rachel McAdams is featured in a movie I either avoid it or enjoy it less than I would had she not been in it. I was never crazy about her acting to begin with and it doesn't help she pops up in every movie I'm interested in. Heh.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Supreme Fan

I really enjoy a lot of Jim Carrey's movies, and when I met a friend of mine a few years back, we were talking about films we like and I mentioned 'The Truman Show'. However, she said she had never seen it, as she can't stand him. I tried to convince her that it was a really good film, but she wouldn't have it!
Now, whenever I see one of his films or see him in a magazine, I'm always thinking about that conversation and how I couldn't believe her opinion.
OK, so I know this isn't quite the same idea, but I thought it might fit in here.
Homer: "To start press any key. Where's the any key? I see 'Esc', 'Kah-Taral' and 'Pig-Up'. There doesn't seem to be any Any Key! Ooh... All this computing hacking is making me thirsty. I think I'll order a Tab.

The Simpsons Board
r3tr0_gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cameron Diaz for sure!! I wanted to see The Counselor for Michael Fassbender but when I found out she was it in...I didn't want to see it anymore! she's so horrible!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Jennifer Aniston films for the most part bore me to tears. I've stopped give her shot after shot. I liked her better when she was on Friends. Her movies for the most maybe save for one or two are horrible.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3tr0_gam3r (View Post)
I really enjoy a lot of Jim Carrey's movies, and when I met a friend of mine a few years back, we were talking about films we like and I mentioned 'The Truman Show'. However, she said she had never seen it, as she can't stand him. I tried to convince her that it was a really good film, but she wouldn't have it!
Now, whenever I see one of his films or see him in a magazine, I'm always thinking about that conversation and how I couldn't believe her opinion.
OK, so I know this isn't quite the same idea, but I thought it might fit in here.
Aw Jim! I like him a lot too. But I can understand when people think he's too much. Haha.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Kevin Spacey. Fantastic actor.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Will ruin films for me: I definitely agree about Cameron Diaz - she is the epitome of B-films for me. If I see her on the credits of some film, there's almost a 95% chance I will not watch it. Also, James Franco - because he's a jerk. Nicholas Cage - because he can't act and I feel so secondhand-embarrassed when watching him try. Gwyneth Paltrow - eveything about her annoys me. Honourable mentions: Adam Sandler, Ben Affleck and Mark Wahlberg. I also really hate Natalie Portman's pretentiousness, but I still love a lot of the films she's in.

Will save films for me: Don't really believe that even my favourite actors/actresses will be able to save a genuinely bad film for me. But I will struggle through all the the horrible films on my fave's filmography - just because of them (I tell you, that's true love and dedication). Marion Cotillard per definition makes films more pleasurable for me to watch, same goes for Ingrid Bergman, Bette Davis, Cate Blanchett, Eva Green and George Clooney. I really wanna say Michael Fassbender as well (because god knows I love that ginger devil), but not even Fassy's brilliance could overpower my boredom when watching Prometheus. I was also gonna list Rooney Mara, who is another of my faves, but her filmography really isn't that extensive and I have yet to watch some of them. I have enjoyed watching her in everything I've seen so far though.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Extreme Fan

^You read my mind on a few of those, I really try to avoid James Franco movies, I've disliked him since Spiderman when he spent the whole movie with weepy watery eyes that drove me crazy. I'm also not big on Ben Affleck, I don't know what it is about him, but his face just screams smarmy to me. I also hesitate before I watch a Russell Crowe movie, his stuff always tends to be four hours long and a huge borefest for me.

I will watch any Sandra Bullock movie, no matter how stupid looking. I even watched that awful Forces of Nature just for her and despite the fact that Ben Affleck was her co-star. She's just really likeable to me for whatever reason.
MaybeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do agree that Cameron Diaz ruins just about any movie I have seen. I think there is maybe one good movie of her that I liked but thats about it.

As far as good, I love Jim Carrey, makes me laugh and Robin Williams.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Channing Tatum & Alex Pettyfer.
I love it in particular when they dance shirtless. Buuut they are also AMAZING actors, ofc.
BettyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Will save films for me: Definitely Maggie Smith, Meryl Streep, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp and Shirley MacLaine. I'd watch every single one of their movies without any doubt, there isn't one which I would consider as bad. They are some good actors and actresses I've always looked up to and I can't help admiring them for doing their job so incredibly well.

Will ruin films for me: Hmm .. I kind of agree with your opinion about Cameron Diaz. She's definitely not that kind of actress I would want to be in my all time fav movie, I actually don't know why. She acts in her own way which might appeal to some people, but I wouldn't go and watch a movie just because she's in it. No, thanks.
Countess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

The sad thing about Cameron Diaz is that she was really good in Gangs of New York but she is one of those actors who prefer "easy" roles and does every singe idiotic comedy out there.

I can't stand Seth Rogen. All of his movies are stupid and insulting.

I'll probably watch any movie with Christian Bale because he is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
Jennifer Aniston films for the most part bore me to tears. I've stopped give her shot after shot. I liked her better when she was on Friends. Her movies for the most maybe save for one or two are horrible.
I think Jennifer Aniston is one of those actresses who rely more on her charisma and good looks than the script. I don't think she is bad (I loved her in The Good Girl) but she chooses horrible movies.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
Cameron Diaz for sure!! I wanted to see The Counselor for Michael Fassbender but when I found out she was it in...I didn't want to see it anymore! she's so horrible!
I don't care for her much in my sisters keeper

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Charlize Theron ... Great actress
Evening Firelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Reese Witherspoon - save because I just love her. As well as Michelle williams. For men Adam Scott, will watch him in most anything because I love him.

This is not a Actor but Jane Austin. Any of her Adaptations of films I will watch, and usually more than once. I am a big fan of Period dramas and hers rule my books.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread