Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

the 76th oscars (discussion)

well there's only a Couple of hours to go untill this year oscars i could not find a thread so i started one up man you just know return of the king is going to win tham all [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Charlize Theron is up for a oscar for playing Aileen Wuornos well if Aileen had lived today would have been her 48 birthday spooky or what so who do you think will win oscars
nominations

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited sir_drinks_alot ]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Supreme Fan

i just hope johnny's gonna win. i don't think he's gonna make it cause it's not really an oscar role i guess but i'd love to see him win.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sir_drinks_alot:
<STRONG>Charlize Theron is up for a oscar for playing Aileen Wuornos well if Aileen had lived today would have been her 48 birthday spooky or what</STRONG>

That's a little freaky. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I just mentioned it to mum. Even though I'm all for Naomi Watts winning, Theron is a dead cert to win tonight but that is scary omen by the way...

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited Cici-inator ]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cici-inator:
<STRONG>

That's a little freaky. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I just mentioned it to mum. Even though I'm all for Naomi Watts winning, Theron is a dead cert to win tonight but that is scary omen by the way...

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited Cici-inator ]</STRONG>

that has to be a oscar first someone winning
on the birthday of the person thay are portraying
i wanna see Bill Murray win Best Performance by an
Actor in a Leading Role

Old 02-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Passionate Fan

I just hope Return of the King will win best picture and many other awards. I'm also routing for Bill Murray to win since he's like the underdog.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Winter*:
<STRONG>I just hope Return of the King will win best picture and many other awards. I'm also routing for Bill Murray to win since he's like the underdog.</STRONG>

don't worry it will hell the oscars won't know that hit tham

Old 02-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

ROTK is not, I repeat NOT a lock.

Here's why:

Not only is it a full blown fantasy picture... The fact is, Mystic River is an actor's movie (with juicy roles) that ACTORS can get into.

This is important because guess which is the biggest segment of the Academy voters? You got it: ACTORS.

While I think that ROTK will in fact win BP... If it doesn't, THIS is the main reason why. Just keep this in mind.

Other nominees...

I definitely want Bill Murray for BA because it would just prove his range as an actor for being able to do both comedy and drama -- let alone in the SAME role.

Charleze Therone is a dead lock (like most people predict).

BD might not go to Peter Jackson just because if ROTK wins BP... Often times, Academy Voters feel this is the best way to "balance" out the awards (you can have one, but not the other). If Sophia Coppola wins, I'll also be happy as well since she'll be the first American female to EVER win BD. Period.

I think these two (PJ and SC) are the only real two contenders for BD... Although, Peter Weir could be the long shot -- and I mean LOOOONNNGGG shot -- Just to make things interesting (and he IS a good director).

BA... I think Sean Penn is going to get it (like many).

What is interesting is ever since the Super Bowl incident, there is going to be a five second delay on ABC tonight...

And the Academy itself is worried that SP and possibly Tim Robbins are going to use their time (if they win and or as a presenter) to decry the Bush Administration, the war in Iraq and other things as SP (in particular) is very passionate about world affairs and what's going on in this country.

Regardless if you share the same views or not, it will be interesting to see if something transpires... AND if ABC doesn't edit his (and/or Tim Robbin's) comments completely out.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited UnsilentMajorty ]
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

well it's all Kick off now am weting my self
already billy crystal's just great

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Tim Robbins

Achievement in art direction

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King !!!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

THat is freaky about the Alieen Wuorons connection! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Winter I don't think Bill Murry is an underdog at all- I think he is a frontrunner! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LaraCroft01:
<STRONG>

THat is freaky about the Alieen Wuorons connection! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Winter I don't think Bill Murry is an underdog at all- I think he is a frontrunner! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
lol that's a funny cartoon and it's true we will scream like nutcases no matter what

Best animated feature film of the year
Finding Nemo

Achievement in costume design
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King!!!!!

Performance by an actress in a supporting role
Renée Zellweger

Best live action short film
Two Soldiers

Best animated short film
Harvie Krumpet
Old 02-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela:
<STRONG>i just hope johnny's gonna win. i don't think he's gonna make it cause it's not really an oscar role i guess but i'd love to see him win.</STRONG>
Your not the only one. If he doesn't I want to go to Sean Penn.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I think Johnny has a good shot- but I owuldn't be surprise if there is an upset... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Survivor:
<STRONG>

Your not the only one. If he doesn't I want to go to Sean Penn.</STRONG>
same here so what dose everey one think
about it so far
Old 02-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Nicole Kidman looks really, really pretty tonight. I LOVE her dress [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I hope Johnny Depp wins Best Actor. I'm not sure if he actually will, though. He shouldn't have gone to the ceremony - he went to the Golden Globes, and he lost, and then he didn't go to that SAG thing and he won - you see my reasoning? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"It does not say that."

"You're right. But it would be so classic if it did."
Chippewa Falls Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

I'm very happy for Renee.

Billy Crystal is just too funny. I love him.