Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2004, 04:52 AM
Addicted Fan

I'll probably go and see this because of Sean Astin. I'm not an Adam Sandler fan, although I did like The Wedding Singer, and 50 First Dates looks like a bit of fun. I downloaded the trailer (didn't even see a glimpse of Sean [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]) it may be a fun way to pass a few hours!

[ 02-17-2004: Message edited PVCscully ]
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
PVCscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

I saw it yesterday and thought it was great! I expected it to be another funny usual Adam Sandler movie,but it was so much more.I thought it was really funny,but so sweet.Drew and Adam are so great together and I loved to see Adam playing more of a sweet character again.Great great great! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
DreamOn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

I want to see this movie again already... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] It has been a couple of years since I actually liked the movie released on Valentine's Day weekend. I have to go hunt for a copy of The Wedding Singer now... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

For the people who are making avatars:

Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the pics [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hot Like Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't wait to see this movie. Drew and Adam have such great chemistry together. I think that they'll probably do some more movies together, ala Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey I absolutley loved this movie! It's one of my all time favorites! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think someone should make a fanart or wallpaper of this movie and have a quote on it say "Wouldn't It Be Nice..."

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I wish I could make one! But I'm not talented. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

In a champagne supernova in the sky...
[MAX/LIZ] [Ron/Hermione] [Sark/Sydney] [Casey/Cappie] [Ross/Rachel]
[Seth/Summer] [Jack/Elizabeth] [Charlie/Claire] [Phil/Keely] [Noah/Allie]
Broken Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't like this movie that much. I really don't like Drew Barrymore but I love Adam Sandler and Sean Astin. Sean was very funny. He got to make up for his fatness in Lord of the Rings and be buff. haha.

The plot was weak. After awhile I didn't know if it was going to end soon or not and I really didn't care. There were funny parts but not worth seeing again.

That she/male thing was confusing me so much!

But I was soo happy they didn't play that HeyYa song. I HATE THAT SONG.

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited Maliejandra ]
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just dropping by to add my $0.02. I'm finding all sorts of fun avenues to Fan Forum to explore this weekend.

I can not overstate how much I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

Originally, I wasn't going to go see it. I mean, I was excited that drew and adam were being paired again but after seeing the commercial like 9 million times, I was getting the impression that all your typical adam sandler gags were present and accounted for and that we had seen pretty much all the funny parts in the commercial--as is typical with most romantic comedies.

But then little things started to draw me in. EW magazine had a review about it that described their chemistry as even better than Wedding Singer (which I can now say is very TRUE). And then this girl at work was saying that it was really sweet. Still, though, I figured it could wait for DVD.

And then I saw music video to 311's remake of The Cure's "Love Song". A haunting reggae style remake with all these clips from the movie. Clips that were not in any of the commercials. All those dramatic, tear jerking looking moments of Drew looking heartbroken and Adam professing his love.

So I dragged my sister to the theater tonight, in desperate need of something light (after watching that horrible downer of a movie In the Cut with meg ryan the other night).

I'll admit , it didn't have quite the finesse of The Wedding Singer, and the jokes were pretty typical Sandler. But what it lacked in down to earth believability, it completely made up for in sheer heart-stopping romance. You know those emotionally charged scenes in movies that make your breath catch in your throat? And, even beyond that, there were several scenes where the emotions were so overwhelming to watch that I almost cried. A nearly unheard of feat for this kind of romantic fluff piece.

Drew was truely phenominal. And Adam's character sort of reminded me of Robert Downey Jr in The Pickup Artist. Sort of. If anyone's seen it. That scene near the end where RDJ (formerly a scamming player--in a loveable kind of way) turns to Molly Ringwald and almost chokes on the words "You think I have a choice in this. I don't have a choice!"
It has those same kind of turn-aroud moments--where the shallow comitment-phobe guy finds the girl that he is willing to be patient with. To make her fall in love with him again and again every single day, survive the overprotectiveness of her family, and endure dozens of "first kisses" before ever being allowed to proceed further.

It just made me so HAPPY! And the soundtrack is awesome.

If those two did a hundred more movies together, I would probably go see them all.

I was planning to make a wallpaper of Adam and Drew, but in my various google searches for screen captures of The Wedding Singer, all I could seem to find were links to nude photos of Drew (and various other insundry crud).
If anyone knows of some place to find good screen caps, I would be most grateful. I am especially interested in a cap (or promotional photo would be better) of their "educational" kiss during the jacket scene.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Haha, I went to see this on Valentine's Day and laughed all the way through. I'm surprised no one's mentioned the funny old man and the song he sang to her. It was just so gosh-darned cute. I'm not the biggest fan of Adam Sandler, but those little songs of his just make me giggle. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Icon by me!
Pink Panther Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

A wallpaper to celebrate their fabulously sweet chemistry.

Adam and Drew
Old 03-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I finally saw it! It was adorable, wonderful, just all around great! Such a beautiful story, Adam and Drew are perfect together! And I agree, Sean is classic. His little muscle flexing freaked me out a bit though! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

I LOVED The Wedding Singer so I was hoping I would like this one as well and I did. I thought it was very cute. It made me feel good after watching it. It was very unrealistic but still very sweet. Adam/Drue are amazing together and I hope they work together again. I want the soundtrack.

[ 03-19-2004: Message edited dawsonandjo1 ]

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Moderator Manager

i just saw the movie 3 days ago and LOVED it! it wasn't your typical comedy movie. but it had a HEART. drew was as usual very classic and adam was funny! rob schneider is hilarious! and so was sean and that lisp thing! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i wanna go see it again, actually. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

The movie was adorable, but I'm gonna have to ask Rob to start wearing pants and a shirt again [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But that seemed to make the movie even funnier to me so...I guess he should keep on keeping on [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I also love the soundtrack. My favorite so far is Lovesong by 311. Go buy the cd [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And just to let you know I don't secretly work for the 50 First Dates promotional company [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'M A REBELLIOUS FORBIDDEN ZEN GOON MASTER!
Shipper for:J/H,E/D,R/K,E/H,J/E,F/K

~La La La Leah~
Mila_Masterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was this movie on Wednesday [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] it was so awesome
I can't wait for the dvd [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread