Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Chocolat (2000) #1: One taste is all it takes.

~*~WELCOME TO THE 1st CHOCOLAT MOVIE THREAD~*~

This thread is dedicated to the fandom, appreciation, and discussion of the 2000 film, Chocolat (novel by Joanne Harris, screenplay by Robert Nelson Jacobs, music by Rachel Portman), from Miramax Pictures, directed by Lasse Hallström, and starring Juliette Binoche, Alfred Molina, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp and Lena Olin.

**CAST**

Juliette Binoche......Vianne Rocher
Alfred Molina......Comte de Reynaud
Johnny Depp......Roux
Carrie-Anne Moss......Caroline Clairmont
Victoire Thivisol.....Anouk
Judi Dench......Armande Voizin
Aurelien Parent-Koenig......Luc Clairmont
Antonio Gil-Martinez......Jean-Marc Drou
Hélène Cardona......Francoise 'Fuffi' Drou
Harrison Pratt......Dedou Drou
Gaelan Connell......Didi Drou
Elisabeth Commelin ......Yvette Marceau
Ron Cook......Alphonse Marceau
Guillaume Tardieu......Baptiste Marceau
Hugh O'Conor......Pere Henri
John Wood......Guillaume Blerot
Lena Olin......Josephine Muscat
Peter Stormare......Serge Muscat
Leslie Caron......Madame Audel
Michèle Gleizer......Madame Rivet
Dominique MacAvoy......Madame Pouget
Arnaud Adam......George Rocher
Christianne Gadd......Chitza
Marion Hauducoeur......Gati

**INTRODUCTION**

Good 'morrow, FF posters. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm Janine, and welcome to my Chocolat thread. I hope you guys visit here often and post as much as you like -- this movie was fantastic, and I loved it so much I had to make a thread for it.

Enjoy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

**LINKS**

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Official Chocolat Movie Site
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Google Search: Chocolat Pictures
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Chocolat @ IMDb.com
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Depp! - A Johnny Depp Website
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Juliette Binoche @ ActressArchives
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Johnny Depp Board

**QUOTES**

Vianne: What do you see?

~~~~~~~~~

Roux: Very good... but not my favorite

~~~~~~~~~

Serge: We are still married, in the eyes of God.
Josephine:[/b] Then He must be blind.

~~~~~~~~~

Boy #1: I hear she's an atheist.
Boy #2: What's that?
Boy #1: I don't know.

~~~~~~~~~

Père Henri: I think we can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do.

~~~~~~~~~

Roux: I'll come 'round sometime and get that squeak out of your door.

~~~~~~~~~

Josephine: (hitting her husband over the head with a cooking pan) Who says I don't know how to use a skillet?

~~~~~~~~~

Comte de Reynaud: Let me put this in perspective for you. The first Comte de Reynaud expelled all the radical Huguenots in this village. You and your truffles present a far lesser challenge.

~~~~~~~~~

Storyteller: Once upon a time there was a quiet little village in the French countryside - whose people believed in Tranquilité - Tranquility.

~~~~~~~~~

Armande Voizin: What's the décor? Early Mexican brothel?

~~~~~~~~~

Josephine: You don't misbehave here. It's just not done, did you know that? If you don't go to confession, if you don't... dig your flowerbeds, or if you don't pretend, if you don't pretend... that you want nothing more in your life than to serve your husband three meals a day, and give him children, and vacuum under his ass, then... then you're... then you're crazy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post away Chocolatiers!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

⦠Janine ⦠|| [ @FF.net ] [ @LJ.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Nienna! !!! This is brilliant!! You have got everything in here, wow!! brilliant start, you thought of everything, wuotes, pictures, links... [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

I'm in love with Roux!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Girl, you went all out on this thread! Nice intro!!! love the quotes..especially those three kids peering in the shop between the taped up papers not knowing what an atheist is! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hey kirsty!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

It was an okay movie - I mean, with the two lead actors how can you go wrong? I just thought it was a bit...fluffy. Which is fine - fluff is good, I was just expecting something more, or...different. I still liked it, though.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr:
<STRONG>It was an okay movie - I mean, with the two lead actors how can you go wrong? I just thought it was a bit...fluffy. Which is fine - fluff is good, I was just expecting something more, or...different. I still liked it, though.</STRONG>
i totally agree. i liked the movie but with all the good critics it got, i was expecting more. johnny was hot [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] but imo, it's a bit overrated.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Sure, it's a fluffy movie but I love it anyway. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The ensemble cast is fantastic though every single time I watch it, I'm taken aback by Carrie-Anne's strange accent, probably because I'm so used to her normal accent in The Matrix. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Juliette Binoche is always great and it never ceases to amaze me how the hair and make-up department managed to make such a beautiful woman like Lena Olin look so plain in the beginning. And this is probably the only movie ever in which I find Johnny Depp somewhat good looking, he has charisma, I'll admit. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

One thing? Anouk's Pantoufle that's seen hopping away is a wallaby, not a kangaroo! I can't believe I've actually noticed that. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And seeing all that chocolate in the movie always made me crave chocolate when watching, LOL.

- Erin, from TWOP.
loquacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 03:01 PM
New Fan

Niennai love your idea!!

and i love the movie!!!
i came here directly after i saw your post on the JD thread!!!

i love it, i love roux, i love chocolate
ria_luvs_orli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey, I love this movie! (wonder why? :drool [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's very sweet...and sweet is a fitting way to put it, right? MMMM!!! *licks lips* J'adore CHOCOLAT!!! Hee hee you guys like my French? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I agree it's a bit "fluffy" but sometimes we need those types of movies. Remember My Big Fat Greek Wedding? That was cute too, but nothing extremley special. Still, both are wonderful, fun films. And Roux...need I say more? [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good moviw. Johnny Depp looks very hott in that movie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

I have to admit the reason I liked it and own the DVD is because of Johnny Depp...
Old 07-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Both the chocolate and Johnny Depp look delicious in this film. YUM

I liked this movie but not because it was great or imperfect but because it was charming and a decent story and had good cast.
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it's way big on the charm - all the characters are delightful (as are the incredible cast), and this movie actually brought back my love of chocolate (although it has since died once again).

The one thing I got from this movie - aside from an even bigger crush on Johnny Depp and Lena Olin - I LOVE spicy chocolate. It's great with certain foods and a real culinary surprise. I'd never have thought of it without this film.

It's so funny - when I saw this thread I'd forgotten I'd posted already so I came in to post almost exactly what I'd posted before!
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

I Love Chocolate And I Love Jonhhy Depp!!!so I Love This Movie!!!!
satine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

Since Johnny is hot right now I thought this thread could make a push for some attention.

I have to rewatch this soon w/ the commentary. I think it'd be interesting to listen to it.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

The movie is well acted and directed but like previous posters have said, it didn't live up to my expectations.

It did help with my love of Johnny Depp and the name Vianne....
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top