Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Banned

It's a very sad news.
Paul Walker was a good actor i really liked him in Fast and Furious.

RIP
Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

I saw it on Twitter when I woke up this morning and thought it was a joke. When I saw the pictures I almost threw up. My mum had to console me I was so shocked. Such sad news and my thoughts are with his family & friends. Great actor and he'll be missed.

RIP Paul
Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

This is so heartbreaking. He was one of my favorite actors.

RIP Paul.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hollywood reporter .com

Quote:
Studio executives and the team behind Fast & Furious 7 are facing a delay in production following the tragic death of actor Paul Walker, but sources say the movie will not be abandoned entirely.

Walker, along with the rest of the cast and crew of Fast 7, had been scheduled to return to Atlanta on Sunday to resume shooting the big-budget film, which features extensive car racing. Those plans are on hold until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

Director James Wan and Universal executives held a conference call Sunday morning to discuss the state of the film, whether rewrites would be necessary and how to proceed in a manner that would be respectful to Walker's death. Walker, 40, was a favorite on the set of the Fast movies, and his death has left his fellow stars, including Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson, and the crew devastated.

Fast 7, which was well underway shooting in Atlanta, was on hiatus for the Thanksgiving holiday. Walker had returned to Southern California when the limited-edition Porsche he was a passenger in crashed Saturday afternoon in Valencia, bursting into flames. The driver has been identified as Roger Rodas, a well-respected financial adviser and the CEO of Walker's company Always Evolving (the duo met because of their shared passion for cars).
Walker was reprising his role as Brian O'Conner in Fast 7. The seventh film in the racing-centric action franchise is slated to hit theaters July 11. The film is on an expedited schedule in order to make that release date (Justin Lin), the director of previous installments, bowed out in part because he didn't want to work on the speedy timeline), so any delay in production could impact that release date. In addition, marketing Fast 7 could pose a challenge, considering Walker died in a crash of a flashy car similar to those used in the movies.

Insiders say a large part of the film had been shot, although in January, Walker and the rest of the Fast 7 team were scheduled to travel to Abu Dhabi to film additional scenes.
"All of us at Universal are heartbroken," a studio spokesperson said in a statement Saturday night. "Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the Fast and Furious films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Last edited by Logan; 12-01-2013 at 02:21 PM
Old 12-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Still in shock. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will truly be missed.

Diana
Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Addicted Fan

It's surreal.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

They really are a family. I can't even imagine how terrible and disorienting it must be for them.

Whatever happens with the movie, I do hope they give Brian a happy ending.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Horrible news. RIP Paul, just heartbreaking news... just wow.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

since they have filming for almost 3 months, there is a lot that was done. now it is the writers producers director to find a way to honor his memory but in tastefull way ..

As stated before, actors dying before a movie is done, some have used CGI others replaced the role .. Heath Ledger movie "Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" they had jonny Depp collin farrell l and Jude law .. but is was a fantasy movie so that was ok.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

does anyone else think vin diesel is fos? just saying.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

^why do you say that?
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)
Old 12-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarei (View Post)
^why do you say that?
idk. he just seems kind of fake about the whole thing. i've felt that vin primarily stole the spotlight from paul way back during ff4, as well. like, it took until five/six for brian to be dom's equal, which i did not like. at all. plus, getting on a police loudspeaker? so tacky. not that i don't recognize the gesture, it was just... no.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

^ I have heard that Vin and Paul were not good friends off the screen, and it was just an act for the movies.

But, after all the gestures that Vin has been doing, it does seem that they were really good friends. They have been working together for a long time, and since their friendship in the F&F series is so important, they would have not gone as long as they did if they didn't have a good friendship.

I can see where you are coming from, but I do believe that he is genuine.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. Even if they weren't best friends (I wouldn't know either way), they filmed together for a long time and VD has to be at least distraught and heartbroken for his work mate and probably real life friend, not to mention his and the driver's (his name is Roger if I'm not mistaken) families.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Read and watch this report and see how depply effected they all where . Vin spoke to fans at the memorial site last night . They closed down the area of the crash site so friends and family could gather privatly to see the scene and have a memorial

Vin Diesel Visits Paul Walker’s Crash Site; Michelle Rodriguez Pays Tribute - ABC News

VALENCIA (CBSLA.com) — A private memorial site was cordoned off Monday night for friends, family and colleagues to pay respects to actor Paul Walker, who died in a fiery crash over the weekend.

CBS2′s Suraya Fadel reports that Universal Studios made a special request to the Santa Clarita city manager’s office to hold the memorial. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said the company paid for all costs involved, including private security for an estimated three hours.

A tent was put up near the crash site and the area closed to the public at 7 p.m. Deputies cleared fans from the area and set up roadblocks to allow a private moment for those who knew the late actor best.

Actor Vin Diesel, Walker’s co-star in the “Fast and Furious” franchise, addressed the crowd over the P.A. system of a police car.

“Thank you, thank you for coming down here and showing that angel up in heaven how much you appreciate him,” Diesel said.

Three deputies were on site to assist with traffic control as shuttles and SUVs made their way to the memorial.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread