Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

News Thread: UPDATE: September NEWS

Last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndell75 (View Post)
@ZackSnyder

Box Office Guru Wrapup: No Good Deed Roars at #1

The home invasion thriller No Good Deed stormed the North American box office and delivered a sensational debut taking the number one spot and energizing a marketplace in need of excitement. Starring Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson, the PG-13 film debuted to an estimated $24.5M from 2,175 locations and averaged a sizzling $11,264 per location.

Last edited by ~ Jis_Bon ~; 09-04-2015 at 08:52 PM
Old 09-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SFX Issue 253 On Sale Now

Old 09-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the update!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great news Deadpool movie is a go !!! 20th Century Fox announced a 2016 release . Before X-Men apocalypse and Fantastic four reboot... Funny today Ryan Reynolds commented on all the positive remarks on the leaked dead Pool footage few months ago !!

Quote:

Just a few hours after star Ryan Reynolds opened up about the reaction to the Deadpool leaked footage, 20th Century Fox has announced they are moving forward with the film and given it a February 12, 2016 release date, just three months before the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse. Ryan Reynolds is expected to star with director Tim Miller at the helm and a script by Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

In addition, Fox has shuffled a few more release dates, moving the Michael Fassbender starring Assassin’s Creed from its August 7, 2015 and is now without a release date at all. The upcoming reboot of The Fantastic Four from Josh Trank and starring Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, and Michael B. Jordan, has also moved from its June 19, 2015 release to the just vacated August 7.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Cool. For some reason I'm surprised, but plenty of people are awaiting a Deadpool movie.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 PM
New Fan

I watched the trailer of this movie. It is wonderful and it will release soon in the cinema. More detail on here Upcoming Bollywood Movies 2012 Indian Online

Last edited by sania250; 09-25-2014 at 04:07 AM
Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can someone post the trailer?
My LJ
Old 09-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

George Clooney marries Amal Alamuddin in blockbuster Venice wedding | Daily Mail Online

Congrats
Old 09-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘Batman V Superman’ Set Photos Reveal Anti-Superman Protests

Quote:
It’s long been hinted that Superman will have to face the music about the extensive collateral damage from his battle with Zod in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Both of the eponymous DC superheroes have a reputation for no-kill policies (though these aren’t upheld very strictly), so the strongest current theory is that Batman will take Superman to task for not being more careful around the profoundly breakable human race. The movie’s title makes it sound like this showdown will happen in a courtroom, but for now we’ll assume that director Zack Snyder probably isn’t going to go for the 12 Angry Men approach.

Earlier set reports mentioned school children wearing T-shirts with the words “Superman Survivor” on them, and now the latest set photos from Batman V Superman indicate that some people are less than grateful to have been saved by the man of steel. He might be getting his own statue, but the citizens gathered in the images below seem to be more keen on burning him in effigy.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That's good Deadpool has a release date hopefully it wil be based on the Deadpool comics instead of beimg ''loosely'' based on them and watered down so it's suitable for children to watch.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

It's October. The scary treats, serious movies and hopeful Oscar contenders roll in...

Gone Girl,’ ‘Annabelle’ in Dead Heat at Weekend Box Office
Old 10-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I haven't seen either of them. 1 of them I think has Ben Affleck in it.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I haven't seen either of them. 1 of them I think has Ben Affleck in it.
Same. I had to check what Annabelle was about and the one thing I know about Gone Girl (other than it's a book adaptation) is that Ben Affleck is in it. Hee.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Weekend Box Office Wrap Up: October 12th, 2014

Quote:
In at number 1 for the second weekend in a row is Gone Girl with $26.8 million. The David Fincher directed adaptation has done really well for itself with $78 million so far and we wouldn’t be surprised if Gone Girl hung around in the top 3 for a while.

Coming in at number 2 is Dracula Untold (read our review) with $23.4 million. At several points during the weekend, it looked like Dracula might sneak out a #1 debut, but it lost a lot of momentum. The film’s opening is also well under some other notable vampire debuts, like the 2004 Hugh Jackman vehicle Van Helsing ($51M).

So while Universal might be exploring the idea of a shared movie monster universe, this is hardly a good start for the concept. However, the movie has made $86 million worldwide, so perhaps international audiences could help Dracula Untold turn a profit.

The number 3 film this weekend is Alexander and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (read our review) with $19.1 million. This kids-focused film did okay business, but didn’t exactly blow the box office away either. It’s been a while since a family film has taken audiences by storm so it’s only a matter of time. Unfortunately, Alexander will not be that film.

Annabelle is the number 4 film with $16.3 million. As expected, the horror film saw a pretty steep drop from last weekend, but $62 million so far (on a $6.5M budget) is plenty to be happy about. We wouldn’t be surprised to see Annabelle bounce back even, depending on how Ouija fares in a few weeks.

Rounding out the top 5 is The Judge (read our review) with $13.3 million. While it’s a far cry from The Avengers-type numbers Robert Downey Jr. is used to seeing, the actor’s latest drama did decent business. It should also hold better than most thanks to a decidedly older target audience.

In at number 6 is The Equalizer with $9.7 million. Denzel Washington’s latest gritty action flick keeps on trucking and is now up to a cool $79 million.