Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Vampire-Diaries-General-Episode-Discussion-Spoilers and Speculations Thread #94

The Vampire Diaries|Episode Discussion, Spoilers & Speculations

episodes

promos

Australian promo

sneak peeks

synopsis

4x16 - Bring It On

Season 4 spoilers

‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Julie Plec talks ‘My Brother’s Keeper’: Damon and Elena do the deed -- but are her feelings real? - Zap2it

The Vampire Diaries’ Damon and Elena: Are Her Feelings Real? The Big Boss Spills! | E! Online

filming/promo pics:
*all credit to the original owners

Last edited by tragedy; 02-21-2013 at 10:27 PM
Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Thanks for posting the clip and longer extended promo.

If I recall, part of Damon's journey is he needs to balance love in his life...and not let it consume him perhaps. I hope that his actions in the last few episodes indicate he is realizing he can't live for just Elena. Even without the SB it is not healthy.

Damon statement in the clip I think refers to the fact that he, as the sire, is not enough to overcome Elena's emotional breakdown. The SB can't over come her spiral.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)

Damon statement in the clip I think refers to the fact that he, as the sire, is not enough to overcome Elena's emotional breakdown. The SB can't over come her spiral.
IA I think someone (maybe Stefan?) is asking him to use the SB to convince Elena to accept Jeremy's death & Damon knows that that's not going to be enough.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

I hope Damon does try to invoke the sire bond to calm down and it fails, further proving the sire bond is BS!

TFTNT thread!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Tftnt. I think that no matter how hard they try to bring Jeremy back to life he is going to stay dead. It is so unfair to tear away Elena's last remaining family like this. At least when he was in Denver he was still alive. Damon is Elena's only family NOW!!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Tftnt!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT!

So this may be a dumb question, but is there any way that Jeremy's ring and little bit of Bonnie twitching her magic little nose or something bring Jer back?? That way we can milk the drama of it all without actually losing the last remaining member of Elena's family.
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Watched the ep last night, and now unpopular opinion ahead. I warned you.

What a bore. I really do see the intention of this whole story but one could have easily cut this into one ep. Then it would have had the pace and momentum it deserved. I mean could have Jer and Bonnie walked those caves at any slower pace? Vaughn? Why did he have to take Damon? Wanting the cure or not, what happened to protecting his loved ones? i.e. Jer, Elena, Stefan? Why didn´t he follow them? How did Kat get into the cave without being seen by...Damon for example. Was there another entrance? Ah well, doesn´t matter because her appearence actually was the best part of it. Now with Jer dying or whatever, they try to create some drama and that´s ok and perhaps needed IDK. I don´t feel it. Sorry. And above all, yes, they had it all coming. This blind an naive hunt for this cure. There were like no questions asked, they believed Shane just like that...really I don´t get it. This is s4 and they have been through a lot. On top of things when it involves Jeremy. They risked it all so easily and yes, there have to be consequences for once. That it has to be Jer, while there are other main characters I care about less, well yeah...they needed the ultimate drama for Elena I guess.

Most frustrating thing: DE is put on pause and them being the only reason left for me to watch multiplies the bore factor. I hope Kat won´t disappoint. Though I really don´t see her wanting the cure for herself. She´s like Damon and Caroline in a way, she loves being a vamp and strong.

Question of the day. Why wasn´t Jer wearing his ring?

ETA - I´m disgusted by Klaus/ Caroline enough BUT having it all done at Elena´s house and on the DE porch - no words
Old 02-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Total Fan

I think the Five hunters are supernatural, and if it's so the ring doesn't work.
"I’m not sorry that I met you. I’m not sorry that knowing you made me question everything. Even in death, you’re the one who made me feel most alive... I am not sorry that I’m in love with you. I love you, Damon" - Elena
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think Jeremy was wearing the ring when he died (You can clearly see it in the promo for next weeks episode). So even IF he is supernatural now with being one of the five that still doesn't mean the ring won't work.
1. Elena killed Jeremy when she was suffering from the hunters curse - hadn't he already taken over Connor place as a hunter? The ring worked back then...
2. When Bonnie did her witchy thing on jeremy in the cave the tattoo magically disappeared. Maybe that indicates that he was no longer on of the fives since then-so the ring would work also.

IMO they will bring Jeremy back...either by some dark magic (I mean why did they bother to show us how powerfull Bonnie is if she can't bring it to use now) or by the ring.

Last edited by nianlove; 02-16-2013 at 02:51 AM
Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nianlove (View Post)
1. Elena killed Jeremy when she was suffering from the hunters curse - hadn't he already taken over Connor place as a hunter? The ring worked back then...
No, he hadn't. He did in the end of the ep, no sooner. Elena had hallucinations, which stopped in the end of the ep when Jeremy killed Chris the hybrid, and this was the moment he became a hunter. The new hunter had to be born in order to the deceased one stopped to haunt the person who killed him.
"I’m not sorry that I met you. I’m not sorry that knowing you made me question everything. Even in death, you’re the one who made me feel most alive... I am not sorry that I’m in love with you. I love you, Damon" - Elena
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

So the ring doesn´t protect the supernatural this show! But thanks Mon

Quote:
When Bonnie did her witchy thing on jeremy in the cave the tattoo magically disappeared. Maybe that indicates that he was no longer on of the fives since then-so the ring would work also.
Could be an option but then I think Elena is going to turn dark/ switch her humanity off. Why would she if they can save him?

Thinking about DE a bit, maybe this all ain´t that bad. Also with Damon realising...IDK what did he even realise (???): love is love but it doesn´t have to control you maybe?... Anyway, something like that. It could make them stronger in the end. Hopefully. Because if you idealize something and it becomes bigger than you are, like SE did with their "epic" stuff it can become all too much and fail in the end. Even in a true love relationship, it is important for both to remain some personal POV, you don´t become "one" so to say. And for Damon it´s always been that big. His love for her.

In a way, I was complaining that they felt safe, DE I mean. That it was clear that they are endgame and all, I blame the SB that they got stuck but now IDK, looks like something is gonna happen with them, Damon maybe and I´m suddely not so sure about them anymore. At the same time I still think SE are over and this won´t be the drama&angst we are getting for DE. Not knowing about DE´s road for a change is irritating but also refreshing. Maybe.

Losing Jer is a high prize though. For the viewers. If they really go hrough with the Originals spin-off and it gets picked up, they will be gone also. Leaves a pretty clean slate for s5 then. Could be good. Could being the key word.