Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Vampire-Diaries-General-Episode-Discussion-Spoilers and Speculations Thread #93

The Vampire Diaries|Episode Discussion, Spoilers & Speculations

episodes

promos

Australian promo

sneak peeks

synopsis

4x13 - Into The Wild (Airdate 7th February)

MYSTERIOUS ISLAND — Shane leads an expedition to a desolate island off the coast of Nova Scotia, where he believes the secret of the cure lies hidden. On the trek to the island’s interior, Rebekah and Elena continue their bitter rivalry, Stefan does his best to keep the peace, and Damon accuses Shane of leading them into a trap. Bonnie and Jeremy try to figure out the message of the Hunter’s mark, while Shane reveals more of the legend of Silas and the witch Qetsiyah, along with his own personal history. Back in Mystic Falls, Tyler confronts Klaus, and Caroline is caught up in the violence that follows. Written by Caroline Dries.

4x14 - Down the Rabbit Hole

CHARLIE BEWLEY FROM “TWILGHT” GUEST STARS AS ONE OF THE FIVE HUNTERS — On the island, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) has an ugly run-in with a Hunter named Vaughn (guest star Bewley), and realizes he is one of The Five. Stefan (Paul Wesley) confesses his true feelings about the possibility of becoming human again to Elena (Nina Dobrev). When a stunning new piece of information about the cure is suddenly revealed, it changes the stakes for everyone. Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) helps Bonnie (Kat Graham) recognize what is real and what is an illusion, and Shane (guest star David Alpay) is comforted by a woman from his past, Caitlin (guest star Camille Guaty, “Prison Break”). Back in Mystic Falls, Caroline (Candice Accola) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) find that their attempt to translate the code on the Hunter’s Sword is futile without help from Klaus (Joseph Morgan), who has his own reasons for solving the puzzle. Claire Holt also stars. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Jose Molina (#414).

4x15 - Stand By Me

THE TERRIBLE TRUTH — When Stefan (Paul Wesley) arrives back in Mystic Falls with Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), Caroline (Candice Accola) is immediately worried about Elena’s state of mind. Stefan reaches out to Dr. Fell (guest star Torrey DeVitto) and Matt (Zach Roerig) for help. Still on the island, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) relays somber news to Rebekah (Claire Holt), and is surprised at her reaction. Together, Damon and Rebekah learn an unexpected bit of recent history from Vaughn (guest star Charlie Bewley). Everyone is horrified when Bonnie reveals the rest of Shane’s (guest star David Alpay) plan. Finally, after Damon does his best to help her, Elena comes up with a plan of her own. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Julie Plec.

Season 4 spoilers

‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Julie Plec talks ‘My Brother’s Keeper’: Damon and Elena do the deed -- but are her feelings real? - Zap2it

The Vampire Diaries’ Damon and Elena: Are Her Feelings Real? The Big Boss Spills! | E! Online

filming/promo pics:
*all credit to the original owners

Episode 4x13 Pics
Episode 4x14 Pics
Episode 4x15 Pics

Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!!

I don't know how to feel about the clip honestly. I mean, it makes me more annoyed than worried. Like all of you, I don't understand why Elena is surprised about Stefan wanting the cure. Rebekah revealed to her in 410 why Stefan wants the cure. Tho his reasons have changed since then.

I don't see any romantic tones between them thank goodness. Tho I don't particularly care for the fact they're already in "friends" territory (only because its like once again Stefan doesn't have to apologize for his actions ) that's the vibe I got. Just friends.

Of course i'll always be concerned that the writers will soon try to reignite the triangle and start showing lingering feelings between SE but I think it's more telling right now that the clip ended on Rebekah watching them in a jealous manner than the other way around. Like Elena watching S/R.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

The webclip made me feel sorry for Rebecca; the "friendship" between Stefan and Elena seems way to quick.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Haven't seen the new webclip yet.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

I honestly think Stefan is right about how Elena has always believed that he's been all about her and really he was up until 4.10. He was doing all of this for her and then she told him how she really feels and that was that. She's been thinking that he's on that island for her because the last she heard he was getting the cure so they can be together as humans. Rebekah told her that. So, yeah I get why she's a little surprised but now Stefan has changed and is no longer thinking about ELena all that much.

Elena's forgiveness is part of her character and she feels that she hurt him in 4.10 and she's happy that he's coming around a little bit and calling her his friend. It's very in character for Elena, in my opinion. She was calling Damon her friend a few episodes after snapping Jeremy's neck. IT's just how Elena operates. She forgives pretty easily, she has a ton of compassion to give, and she feels responsible for so much of the hurt and pain in everyone's lives. She just feels guilty all of the damn time....that's Elena and she's gotta get over that, to be honest.

The only thing that annoyed me is that Damon, Bonnie, and Jeremy are missing and yet here are SE sitting on a rock talking about how everyone is in danger like they're deciding what toppings to get on their pizza. That's completely OOC, in my opinion. Plus it's Jeremy and God knows, Elena is all about Jeremy all the time so why is she suddenly so calm about the whole thing? That's what's bothering me the most.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
I honestly think Stefan is right about how Elena has always believed that he's been all about her and really he was up until 4.10. He was doing all of this for her and then she told him how she really feels and that was that. She's been thinking that he's on that island for her because the last she heard he was getting the cure so they can be together as humans. Rebekah told her that. So, yeah I get why she's a little surprised but now Stefan has changed and is no longer thinking about ELena all that much.

Elena's forgiveness is part of her character and she feels that she hurt him in 4.10 and she's happy that he's coming around a little bit and calling her his friend. It's very in character for Elena, in my opinion. She was calling Damon her friend a few episodes after snapping Jeremy's neck. IT's just how Elena operates. She forgives pretty easily, she has a ton of compassion to give, and she feels responsible for so much of the hurt and pain in everyone's lives. She just feels guilty all of the damn time....that's Elena and she's gotta get over that, to be honest.

The only thing that annoyed me is that Damon, Bonnie, and Jeremy are missing and yet here are SE sitting on a rock talking about how everyone is in danger like they're deciding what toppings to get on their pizza. That's completely OOC, in my opinion. Plus it's Jeremy and God knows, Elena is all about Jeremy all the time so why is she suddenly so calm about the whole thing? That's what's bothering me the most.
THIS!! That's really annoying me too. Can't we have just once where Elena is freaking out about Damon's life possibly being in danger and getting into bad ass mode trying to figure out where he is and doing anything she can to save him? Not only him but Jeremy is gone too! And Bonnie! I know it's just one scene but c'mon.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Twitter interaction shows that Michael Trevino is in LA and he invited Julie to go to dinner to a specific place in Koreatown (in LA) next week. He hasn't been in Atlanta, that I've noticed, in a while. Just adding to the speculation that Tyler's the one either with an extended absence or dying.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt

Dint really like that webclip.
Why is it so suprising for Elena that Stefan wants to be human? He hated his vampire life so he will take the chance to become human again.
SE being friends is fine with me but here they are just forcing it.Just in 4x14(which would be 2-3days ago in the show) Stefan was ****ting on DE and how Damon is using Elena and now Elena is OKAY with it?
Seriously, this show need to call out on the crap that Stefan has pulled off.

Elena's brother,her BEST friend, the man she claims she loves are missing.And they are just sitting on the beach and chit chatting!

Last edited by HB_787; 02-11-2013 at 03:53 AM
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

Stefan and Elena must form some kind of relationship. They got closure, they fought etc and now they will become friends. They are over romantically, but that doesnt mean they wont have some kind of relationship! Does it feel rushed? Well that IS SE. EVERYTHING has been rushed is that relationship so its not a surprise that the writers just wanted to get over the tension and bring them to the friends zone and tbh I didn't need a slow build up to them being friends. Yeah, they got over it and moved on blah blah. For me it's just another example of why SE were never the "it" relationship of that show

Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

well about the promo its really annoying in some ways but i have to say that i like it ..we all know SE are going to interact in a way or another and imo them being friends is better than having sexual tension ,and i prefer Elena smiling to Stefan than Elena angry with him for sleeping with Rebekah .i was happy that she is okay with them together means that she has no romantic interest in Stefan anymore .i remember how she stayed angry at Damon fot sleeping with Rebekah last season it says a lot about her feelings for both brothers imo.
im glad that Rebekah is the jealous one and not Elena i would be worried if she was the one looking at them with angry eyes

Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane (View Post)
TFTNT

well about the promo its really annoying in some ways but i have to say that i like it ..we all know SE are going to interact in a way or another and imo them being friends is better than having sexual tension ,and i prefer Elena smiling to Stefan than Elena angry with him for sleeping with Rebekah .i was happy that she is okay with them together means that she has no romantic interest in Stefan anymore .i remember how she stayed angry at Damon fot sleeping with Rebekah last season it says a lot about her feelings for both brothers imo.
im glad that Rebekah is the jealous one and not Elena i would be worried if she was the one looking at them with angry eyes
This it's speaks volumes IMO
Asena

Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Well you have a point, everything about SE is rushed from start of their relationship.

They fell in love real quick then they broke up, made up in 1-2 days, brokeup for 1000 time then made up too real quick so yeah them being friend so soon shouldnt suprise me As imane we are saved from those tension/jealous looks!

and i guess i should just stop hoping that show or the characters are ever going held stefan's actions accountable.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
THIS!! That's really annoying me too. Can't we have just once where Elena is freaking out about Damon's life possibly being in danger and getting into bad ass mode trying to figure out where he is and doing anything she can to save him? Not only him but Jeremy is gone too! And Bonnie! I know it's just one scene but c'mon.
Well she may not know that Damon is missing yet. She may think he's out there trying to find Jeremy or cooling off. Nine times out of ten, these clips are from the beginning of the episode so chances are Elena just thinks that Damon will be around later.

It's JEremy she should be worried about because she knows that Jeremy is missing and her best friend Bonnie. She knows this, made a reference to it and yet is doing nothing. I'm hoping that there's some reason they aren't doing anything. They can't find Jeremy and Bonnie are are now just trying to call their cells because they're at a loss as to what to do. They may find out that Vaughn has Damon if he calls them or something to lure them towards rescuing Damon and into a trap.