Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Vampire Diaries: General Episode Discussion, Spoilers and Speculations #13

The Vampire Diaries|Episode Discussion, Spoilers & Speculations

episodes
3.08: Ordinary People
Promo|Extended Promo|Canadian Promo|Webclip
THE ORIGINAL FAMILY — With help from Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Bonnie (Kat Graham), Alaric (Matt Davis) tries to decipher the meaning behind his recent discovery. Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) engage in a mean-girl power struggle, until Rebekah finally reveals some of her family’s ancient secrets and the violent past she shares with Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies). Damon (Ian Somerhalder) tries a reckless new approach to make a breakthrough with Stefan (Paul Wesley), and they’re both surprised by an unlikely ally.

3.09: Homecoming
ROCK BAND MY MORNING JACKET PERFORMS — On the night of the Homecoming dance, Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) opens up to Elena (Nina Dobrev) about why the evening is so important to her, leaving Elena with conflicting emotions. Caroline (Candice Accola) and Matt (Zach Roerig) are both shocked at Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) behavior throughout the evening. The night takes a surreal turn when Klaus (Joseph Morgan) puts his latest plan into action. Determined to outsmart Klaus, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) enters into a dangerous partnership, leading to a terrifying turn of events. The band My Morning Jacket performs in the party scenes. Paul Wesley and Kat Graham also star.

filming pics/info:
3.09: 10/10 - 10/21
3.10: 10/24

3x09
*all credit to the original owners

tweets:
for 3.08;

for 3.09;

Last edited by Ashley486; 10-24-2011 at 04:43 PM
Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT
Bringing over the last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDARFSWR (View Post)
I think the context of "sad Damon" is open to interpretation. Either Damon screws up again and everyone hates him or Damon is the one who is wronged in some way. Both leve Damon mistreat which I hate however I would rather for storyline's sake it be Damon who is betrayed or hurt etc. I think at some point Elena is going to screw up in regards to Damon. As much as I love DE it would be nice for the tables to be turned and her who messes up their development for once. We know it's inevitable that at some point this frisson will be delayed, however how brief. That's just how the writers work. Suspense is great, however repetitive storylines are not. Everyday is groundhog day when it comes to Damon. The writers need to inject some originality into how they are going to portray Damon's struggle with his humanity. The whole one step forward ten steps back is getting boring and frustrating.
ITA about that. If they want to stal DE, which I think they do, then they cannot keep having Damon screwing up this relationship. But this is how it will be. A) the writers
already have said that Damon's one step ahead, two steps back will last till the end of the show. He is not the hero in this
B) they will never risk making Elena less popular and they are scared that the love for
Damon might do that, if she does something bad to him. I remember JP being very upset
when after 2X03 some, ONLY a few Damon fans were angry at Elena. The is no way she
will risk that. People to actually have a reason to be angry at her, I mean.

Quote:
I don't think it will be as black and white in regards to Stefan's return to his former self. I think the way the writers have written it will be that Stefan will showcase little signs of
humanity , (season one Damonesque ) then when the compulsion is lifted he will struggle
with his guilt yet keep having slip ups on his road back to his humanity. (Season 2
Damonesque )
They already said that this will happen. That we will get glimbs of Stefan's humanity

Quote:
I don't think Stefan will be as he was for a long time. I guess that's the writers way to try and keep him interesting. It puts him in the grey area with Damon. It seems both are
going to be on the path to humanity but knocked off the road occasionally on the way. Kinda like a board game This way Stefan will get to keep his new edge and won't have to be back to his boring preachy ways. It puts him and Damon on an even playing field. Especially in their fight for Elena. Stefan is no longer the safer option. In a purely contrived way by the writers, it also opens up Stefan and Paul to more popularity and blends the fanbases now that Damon and Stefan are less pigeon holed. It might have worked for some fans but I'm team Damon all the way, regardless of what he does...He'll always be the better written, far more interesting character in my eyes...
If they wanted to do that, then they shouldn't give Stefan the excuse of the compolsion from Klaus. The way they did it, was just to be safe and it sucked. Big time

Old 10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
^ i don't watch the show but im pretty sure no
No? As in he isn't on SPN anymore?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

You know what. Some things don't make sense though. Stefan WAS killing people left and right before being compelled and never mind the ones Klaus ordered him to kill, there were moments when HE suggested to Klaus and Rebekah they go and eat on people, just because he wanted them away from the witch. So there is THAT that needs to be addressed, even without Klaus' compulsion. The binging on the human blood did make a difference.

I think Klaus' compulsion worked in ridding the last bits of humanity in him. He was holding onto Elena and his love for her and Klaus just made even her fair game. BUT given so-called ripper Stefan is showing some level of feeling even now pretty much suggests Klaus did NOT tell him to shut down his feelings 24/7, he just made Stefan go back to the starting point where he is a vampire who has his humanity switch off. What Stefan does as a "bad vampire" is still on him, a reflection of what he is as a "bad vampire" as he is not actiong on Klaus' orders. So, even though I'm sure the "he never meant this to happen" bit will help get Stefan accepted back into the fold it won't really by exactly like it was before.

I am kind of curious as to what they'll do with "bad Stefan". Last episode was a let down and I've seen it being brought up a lot in TWOP where people are underwhelmed with ripper Stefan and were saying how even a few episodes ago the "uncompelled" Klaus' henchman Stefan was even a better "bad vampire" than the one we saw this episode. The writers still have itme to work on this one, so we'll see what they'll do with him. I am also wondering if they'll continue to give him similar scenes to S1 Damon. It really is not doing him or the show that they copy those scenes - it is ridiculous. Are they really that incapable of thinking something original? What, they used all of it for Damon already?

Btw, looking at the episode descriptions, it looks like Lexie / Elena team-up next episode will NOT succeed in turning Stefan back. I find that quite interesting too...

Though what I'm looking forward to is Damon/Mason team-up as it seems it will be quite fun and I wonder why Mason is back and where he is leading Damon. I am not sure if Alaric will join them or not but I am kind of happy just to see Alaric and Damon in a bar together.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Ashley, for the new thread and the OP with the episode summaries, promos and tweets. It makes it easier for us to speculate and prepare ourselves for the next episodes. We had so much DE goodness I'm almost scared of what's gonna happen next.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
No? As in he isn't on SPN anymore?
yup.. i don't think he would sign onto another show if he was still needed for SPN
Old 10-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

I don't want to see a "homecoming party" since Damon won't be there

Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

let's just hope for the best
Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Banned

I am totally confused with what is happening on TVD now. Even though UK are 4 episodes behind I have been checking the reviews here each week regarding what you all thought of the episodes. Regarding the episode where the other Ghosts come in and Mason being back, now that is very confusing. Didn't Damon kill Mason, if I remember rightly he got his heart ripped out yet he is back, is Mason one of the Ghosts that is haunting Damon?

Thought Jeremy was the only one who could see the ghost of Anna and Vicki, yet now it seems Matt can aslo see Vicki's ghost, who else is going to end up seeing ghosts I wonder.

Looking at that photo again of Ian and Paul causing a ruckus and sort of fighting , wonder if that was when Ian got his torn ACL injury?

Are they still filming episode 9 or have they finished now and are on their break, wonder if Ian will manage to rest and relax when they go for their break.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

we haven't seen post ACL episodes yet I don't think? It was a Stefan and Ian on some road picture that Paul tweeted that day.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

Ok just wondered if the injury happened on set. I think episode 8 is one of the episodes since the injury though not totally sure. Hopefully they will stop Damon from getting beaten up every episode now. Getting rather fed up with that
Old 10-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

So I just saw the new epi and eventhough I think S3 is better written than S2 generally, I have to say I was sooo annoyed with Stefan this episode again.

I think he might be one of the only characters who's so badly written actually

I mean come on, he calls Elena blood bag and 2 seconds later he does "Superman" to save her, and then again in the car And then we're supposed to think that it's because he's still so in LOVE with her

DE were amazing this episodes!! Definitely one of the best scenes we ever got

I'm so happy Anna's back But not really about the other werewolf guy

I was so sure Mikael wanted vampire's blood, Katherine was so stupid there which isn't usual to her

I'm glad we won't be seeing Vicky for some time now (hopefully)

Loved Rebekha as always but she better stay far from Damon
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Old 10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for posting!!

very funny clip
Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah "When I kill someone they're supposed to stay dead."