Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

100% agree!!

On another note, I thought Elena throwing things at the house was really funny ... Like a toddler throwing a tantrum...
Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
... Like a toddler throwing a tantrum...
Funny!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:32 PM
New Fan

I just Found this promo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_dGt...yer_detailpage

It is Fake, when I brought it I didn't see the date, and it already has in youtube 3 days, so it is not real, sorry, I'm really sorry

Last edited by NatAV28; 05-08-2014 at 10:10 PM
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new promo...
Yep so it looks like Damon will sacrifice himself for Stefan and will be stuck on the other side OR he will die after everyone else has already been brought back double
Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Thanks for the new promo...
Yep so it looks like Damon will sacrifice himself for Stefan and will be stuck on the other side OR he will die after everyone else has already been brought back double
I just hope they don't bring back Damon human next season if he does die. I know the book has Damon as human.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Extended promo

Old 05-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm very confused. Good episode though, Marcos is a great villain.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Markos is kinda pointless to be honest IMO. He didn't really do anything to anyone...he just had a bunch of people chant so they can stop all magic.

I don't know...I didn't really like it...I thought there was some major issues with pacing and stuff and I felt like a lot of the stuff was very contrived. Like Damon not picking Elena and Stefan up so he can have a lengthy convo with Markos about who knows what and Elena and Stefan just randomly walking down the road towards Mystic Falls when they probably should have stayed OUT OF Mystic Falls seeing as everyone was after them. Didn't really understand why what Stefan said to Elena automatically clicked for her regarding Damon. It's basically the same thought process that Elena used way back when Damon originally broke up with her..."I'm bad you're bad...we're all bad who cares?" type of explanation. So it's not all that different from what she did before Damon flipped out after Katlena broke up with him. That felt contrived so they can have a the big reunion in one episode and then split them up the next episode.

I'm pretty much convinced that Elena will turn human by the end of all of this too. I think that convo with Stefan about how they're all vampires and are all toxic in one way or another was such a setup for human Elena to want out of these toxic relationships because it seems the show is making the equation of:

Vampire = Toxic
Human = Good and Healthy

As for Stefan's death? Eh...I mean I would probably be more shocked if the media didn't spoil most of it and the way it was setup was such a fail to me. Watching Caroline wail over Stefan's body kinda fell flat, mostly because of the acting, and I feel that seeing Damon or even Elena cry about it would be more sad and heartfelt. Again that part was contrived too because they sent off Damon and Elena to God knows where so they could have the two of them miss Stefan dying and that just felt really false to me honestly.

The season 3 finale had that same issue too...the writers manipulated the situation so that certain characters would "miss" certain events all because they're on a roadtrip or something of that nature. Actually the same writer who wrote the season 3 finale wrote this episode too, so that could be the reason why it felt so overly contrived to me.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
Markos is kinda pointless to be honest IMO. He didn't really do anything to anyone...he just had a bunch of people chant so they can stop all magic.

I don't know...I didn't really like it...I thought there was some major issues with pacing and stuff and I felt like a lot of the stuff was very contrived. Like Damon not picking Elena and Stefan up so he can have a lengthy convo with Markos about who knows what and Elena and Stefan just randomly walking down the road towards Mystic Falls when they probably should have stayed OUT OF Mystic Falls seeing as everyone was after them. Didn't really understand why what Stefan said to Elena automatically clicked for her regarding Damon. It's basically the same thought process that Elena used way back when Damon originally broke up with her..."I'm bad you're bad...we're all bad who cares?" type of explanation. So it's not all that different from what she did before Damon flipped out after Katlena broke up with him. That felt contrived so they can have a the big reunion in one episode and then split them up the next episode.

I'm pretty much convinced that Elena will turn human by the end of all of this too. I think that convo with Stefan about how they're all vampires and are all toxic in one way or another was such a setup for human Elena to want out of these toxic relationships because it seems the show is making the equation of:

Vampire = Toxic
Human = Good and Healthy

As for Stefan's death? Eh...I mean I would probably be more shocked if the media didn't spoil most of it and the way it was setup was such a fail to me. Watching Caroline wail over Stefan's body kinda fell flat, mostly because of the acting, and I feel that seeing Damon or even Elena cry about it would be more sad and heartfelt. Again that part was contrived too because they sent off Damon and Elena to God knows where so they could have the two of them miss Stefan dying and that just felt really false to me honestly.

The season 3 finale had that same issue too...the writers manipulated the situation so that certain characters would "miss" certain events all because they're on a roadtrip or something of that nature. Actually the same writer who wrote the season 3 finale wrote this episode too, so that could be the reason why it felt so overly contrived to me.
Marcos is so irrelevant, they should have carried on with the whole Silas storyline as Silas as a witch was hilarious. Since then, I feel, the whole show has been grasping at straws first Katherine now some Travellers who so happen to be smart/powerful enough to take over a town... Why have they had such major problems till now to do it?!

I think they were heading to Mystic Falls to be with everyone. Damon, etc. Warn them, come up with a plan. Your not exactly gonna leave it all behind... I think the only opinion that has never been expressed is Stefan's regarding Damon and Elena, so I bet knowing that Stefan is okay with it all was her knowing what she has believed all along was right. I think you look way too much into that, I just think the reason Elena has to take a step back is because she's convinced herself - like Damon - that they really aren't good for each other, last night proved it though... she doesn't care, she's being with him. They're both gonna be selfish.

Definitely don't think Elena will turn human. No way. She'd be as useless as Matt, theres a reason Elena is a vampire and I think going back to her human days is just killing her progress. Where as the whole story line of Damon dying is good progress for Elena as a character, especially if he sacrifices himself for Stefan.

To me, from the promo, it looks like Elena and Damon plan a suicide mission by running the car into The Grill to blow it up. But obviously, they'll be giving as little away as possible.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by house-mouse (View Post)
Marcos is so irrelevant, they should have carried on with the whole Silas storyline as Silas as a witch was hilarious. Since then, I feel, the whole show has been grasping at straws first Katherine now some Travellers who so happen to be smart/powerful enough to take over a town... Why have they had such major problems till now to do it?!

I think they were heading to Mystic Falls to be with everyone. Damon, etc. Warn them, come up with a plan. Your not exactly gonna leave it all behind... I think the only opinion that has never been expressed is Stefan's regarding Damon and Elena, so I bet knowing that Stefan is okay with it all was her knowing what she has believed all along was right. I think you look way too much into that, I just think the reason Elena has to take a step back is because she's convinced herself - like Damon - that they really aren't good for each other, last night proved it though... she doesn't care, she's being with him. They're both gonna be selfish.

Definitely don't think Elena will turn human. No way. She'd be as useless as Matt, theres a reason Elena is a vampire and I think going back to her human days is just killing her progress. Where as the whole story line of Damon dying is good progress for Elena as a character, especially if he sacrifices himself for Stefan.

To me, from the promo, it looks like Elena and Damon plan a suicide mission by running the car into The Grill to blow it up. But obviously, they'll be giving as little away as possible.
Regarding the bold, I definitely don't see how Elena is seeing her being with Damon as being selfish at all. I think she didn't want to be with Damon because of what that implies about herself as a person. She was changing and excusing his bad choices and actions and she wasn't okay with that and neither was Damon...he doesn't want her to change either and be okay with what he does from time to time.

Damon and Elena his a bump via Katherine and Damon flipped out basically and messed with all of Elena's friends before he was even injected with the virus. AND Damon hid his actions from Elena over the summer too...that's not good. So Elena was completely in the right to breakup with Damon and question the healthiness of the relationship.

As for what Stefan said to her...I don't think it really mattered to Elena what Stefan thought or Caroline thought or what Jeremy thought. She was going to be with Damon no matter what...hence the entire first half of the season with DE being together and STefan and everyone else not being particularly happy about it. What Stefan said was really no different than what Elena was doing beforehand IMO. I just don't see the difference and yeah I think it's poor writing and it was poorly executed. There's really no reason Stefan couldn't have just talked to Elena about Damon during the previous episodes while she was "avoiding" Damon.

With the humanity stuff...I don't see Elena turning human as a regression at all. I think the equation of Elena growing up equaling vampirism has long since past. Elena has already said she loves Damon...that's done and over with. Now the question remains about her feelings once she turns back to a human. Think of 4.1...Elena was very specific in her love for Stefan while she was a human...there's no way the writers are just going to throw that all away and not create triangle angst and indecision.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can't believe they managed to make an episode with such a major death so underwhelming.

The fact that Elena kissed Damon really doesn't take away the sour taste of her once again finding a reason not to be with Damon (not to mention, it was THE DUMBEST POSSIBLE reason she could think of). It's literally like she's trying to make up reasons since she doesn't want to be with him that badly.

The only thing that really stuck with me is that all these idiots deserve to die for once again letting a potential enemy go because they're so compassionate. I mean really, instead of lecturing Damon about how much of a monster he is, why couldn't Elena & co. try to rationally figure out if Liv should be killed or not? It was so obvious that she'd come after the dopplegangers again.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Stefan's death really did fall flat, mainly because of the scenario. Had Damon and Elena been there it would be far more dramatic. I do believe they are saving their reaction for the finale though. It was stupid for Caroline to be crying for help but since they are pushing Steroline, hardly surprising! The scene wishing Caroline was there was so self indulgent. You should be wishing Damon was there cos he's the one who gets **** done!

To be fair the death would be more shocking hadn't the synopsises spoiled everything! They are more like recaps these days! Either way I am sticking to my theories, though I'm sure there will be some twist I haven't thought of! Also how can a death move you when you know it will be resolved in under an episodes time?

I prefer vampire Elena, but she really needs to get over this moral ambiguity thing! I mean she needs to accept she's a vampire and it's an entirely different playing field. Like I have said previously, Elena transitioning back could actually be a positive thing. I always thought she had unfinished business as a human. It should always have been her choice and I still believe if she becomes human again she will once again turn to be with Damon forever, and that choice to be with him will be over growing old and having a family. Only through being given an opportunity to have the life she believes was stole from her will she realise what she truly wants.

That I believe is what irritates me about DE. She still is refusing to consume herself entirely and accept that she is now a vampire. That she has to kill and that her mistakes and others can mean death and destruction. She needs to wake up!

That extended promo kind of gives me the feels! Damon is clearly telling Elena that he needs to trigger the explosion and Elena insists on not leaving him and driving into it together

New still from finale. Very Thelma and louise esque! https://mobile.twitter.com/trashys/s...737024/photo/1

I'm thinking this is either DE or Damon alone, there is that scene in the promo of Damon sat alone drinking. He's either drinking to his brother or could be drinking to his life. THIS is a very Damon Salvatore kind of sacrifice. A great way to go out with a bang? The car though!

Last edited by TDARFSWR; 05-09-2014 at 03:57 PM
Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

That still looks fake to me, is that from a reliable source? Why would DE run off from a cliff in what looks to be Grand Canyon (I suppose?)?? I thought their "suicide mission" was them running into The Grill or some other store to set of the bombs or whatever together in the car in MF?

So, I take it the witch who Damon wanted to kill but Jeremy wanted spared is (as expected) causing them problems and it turns out it was best for them if they have killed her?
Love crime

LOGH
Old 05-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
So, I take it the witch who Damon wanted to kill but Jeremy wanted spared is (as expected) causing them problems and it turns out it was best for them if they have killed her?
Yep, as usual. I'm getting so fed up with the gang sparing all these lunatics and looking down on Damon and then killing innocents like Chris the hybrid as if it's just another day.