Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

New Synopsis for ep 5x20

A CABIN IN THE WOODS — When Tyler (Michael Trevino) turns up at the Salvatore house with the news that Markos’ (guest star Raffi Barsoumian) plan to break the witches’ curse puts Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) in imminent danger, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) suggests they hide out in the remote cabin once owned by Caroline’s (Candice Accola) father. Once there, it becomes obvious to Caroline that Stefan and Elena are keeping a secret, so Damon (Ian Somerhalder) comes up with a parlor game designed to expose the truth. A ghostly presence at the cabin uses violence and fire to make itself known. Meanwhile, Matt (Zach Roerig) takes charge of Tyler’s plan to get information from one of the Travelers, and Bonnie (Kat Graham) continues to keep the truth about the Other Side from Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), despite warnings from Grams (guest star Jasmine Guy). Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Elisabeth R. Finch & Holly Brix (#520).
Old 04-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Absolute Fan

PLease lord. .don't let their secret be a Kiss. Tho I don't think they'd keep that a secret. And that seems like a OTH/DC type secret. Not TVD. Guess we'll see.

at least we know DE share a kiss in that same episode according to Joshua Butler's pics.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBex (View Post)
Instagram
Does that mean Enzo is dead?

I hope not...

I will forever hope for Alaric being back for good but I'm aware that's very unlikely to happen so I just hope, if he is going to make an appearance this season and it is his last one, Damon can actually see him somehow and they interact!
Love crime

LOGH
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
I hope not...

I will forever hope for Alaric being back for good but I'm aware that's very unlikely to happen so I just hope, if he is going to make an appearance this season and it is his last one, Damon can actually see him somehow and they interact!
I'm with you there, Asena!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsdey (View Post)
I'm with you there, Asena!
Me too!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

Joshua Butler, director of episode 520, tweeted this:

Quote:
Joshua Butler ‏@TheJoshuaButler
“@rocksij: can't wait for TVD [5x20] even though synopsis is weird”

Episode is SO NOT weird, promise. It's fun, suspenseful and romantic.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

^Since Joshua is quite a fan of DE I assume the romantic part applies to them.
Being the pessimist that I am, however, I guess I better not gonna count on that!

Last edited by Bellydancer_1; 04-10-2014 at 04:32 AM
Old 04-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

To be completely honest, even though I adore Alaric and he's my second favorite character, I'd rather they don't bring him back unless they're gonna keep him. I don't need to see 500 goodbyes, it's terrible story telling. No death has any meaning anymore since the characters keep coming back. Of course I wish Alaric would come back for good, but if he's not going to, I wish the time would be spent on characters that are still alive. Not to mention, bringing back Alaric means bringing back other dead characters and this has been recycled so many times on this show that it's a joke. The season 4 finale was awesome at the time, but now I feel like it's lost all its meaning since those characters are coming back again and some of them also came back in 511.

Using dead fan favorites to elicit an emotional response from the audience is a very manipulative tactic and I don't think it'd be happening if the writers had any better ideas.

That being said, if they're trying to bring him back for good, forget everything I said. They can even kill of Stefan/Caroline/Elena as punishment for me opening my mouth about this.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmeli (View Post)
To be completely honest, even though I adore Alaric and he's my second favorite character, I'd rather they don't bring him back unless they're gonna keep him. I don't need to see 500 goodbyes, it's terrible story telling. No death has any meaning anymore since the characters keep coming back. Of course I wish Alaric would come back for good, but if he's not going to, I wish the time would be spent on characters that are still alive. Not to mention, bringing back Alaric means bringing back other dead characters and this has been recycled so many times on this show that it's a joke. The season 4 finale was awesome at the time, but now I feel like it's lost all its meaning since those characters are coming back again and some of them also came back in 511.

Using dead fan favorites to elicit an emotional response from the audience is a very manipulative tactic and I don't think it'd be happening if the writers had any better ideas.

That being said, if they're trying to bring him back for good, forget everything I said. They can even kill of Stefan/Caroline/Elena as punishment for me opening my mouth about this.
^

I totally agree with all of this!

If they can't bring Alaric back for good then I don't really need to see him in the finale, and I don't want to live through another tear-jerking goodbye scene, either. It's been sad enough already all those many times before...

And if he can't come back for good then please let them keep Enzo on the show. He's been the only interesting and promising new character this show has brought on for a veeery long time...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

I'm really surprised to see Matt back on the show. I thought he had some beef with Julie or something didn't he and asked to be taken off the show basically? Or did he just say that cuz he knew he was going onto the other show that ended up getting canceled (i don't recall what show it was). I really like Alaric but like everyone else said I don't need to see another goodbye scene we've had enough of that. If they're going to bring him back bring him back for good.

"I’m just a regular boy who goofs around, pulls pranks, and makes jokes."
Jensen Ackles
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

I actually don't miss Alaric and I don't want him back for good. He's dead, Damon has moved on, it's time for the show and for the characters to move on. We don't need another episode about goodbyes either. It's completely overdone at this point. There's no reason to go back there.

As for the synopsis...I don't think it makes sense for Stefan and Elena to keep a secret about whatever is going on between them. They've never kept that a secret before and honestly even when Damon and Elena were still angsting about each other everyone knew there was something going on there even if Elena could never admit to it. So it would not make sense for Stefan and Elena to keep hidden a secret about anything regarding their relationship.

Most likely the secret is about their own plan regarding Marcos and whatever Enzo tells them in the previous episode. I'm assuming that with that information they know that Damon will be unhappy so they don't want to tell him for fear he'll do something rash...and we've seen that Damon is more than capable of doing something rash in times of stress...so they try to hid it from him and from Caroline bc they know neither will agree to this "plan".
Old 04-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
I actually don't miss Alaric and I don't want him back for good. He's dead, Damon has moved on, it's time for the show and for the characters to move on. We don't need another episode about goodbyes either. It's completely overdone at this point. There's no reason to go back there.

As for the synopsis...I don't think it makes sense for Stefan and Elena to keep a secret about whatever is going on between them. They've never kept that a secret before and honestly even when Damon and Elena were still angsting about each other everyone knew there was something going on there even if Elena could never admit to it. So it would not make sense for Stefan and Elena to keep hidden a secret about anything regarding their relationship.

Most likely the secret is about their own plan regarding Marcos and whatever Enzo tells them in the previous episode. I'm assuming that with that information they know that Damon will be unhappy so they don't want to tell him for fear he'll do something rash...and we've seen that Damon is more than capable of doing something rash in times of stress...so they try to hid it from him and from Caroline bc they know neither will agree to this "plan".
I agree. I can't see SE hiding anything seriously "romantic" that might go on between them from the others. As you say it's probably something they know would hurt Damon and Caro.

As to Ric, I really miss him and the slightly more mature aspect he brought to the show. There's been no one after him who was able to fill that void for me.
But as much as I love Matt Davis, I'd rather never see Alaric again than just have him popping up for drama's sake. Either they let him be back for good or let him disappear with the rest of the Other Side.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

The Vampire Diaries: Will Stefan and Caroline Actually Get Together? Paul Wesley and Julie Plec Weigh in | E! Online

Since CD is the one who's mostly over the story at this point, I'm definitely trusting her more than JP which leads me to believe Steroline are definitely happening in S6. They're being slow with them just like they were with DE. I may be jumping the gun but I think they're laying out endgame with these two couples. They're the only couples on the show that their story has evolved and grown over seasons instead of just episodes. I love it.

And yea, I think the SE secret has to do with Damon or some of them being in danger.

I'm still leaning towards Damon dying near end of season, maybe even sacrificing himself. I'd much rather his death happen now than the series finale cuz I can't deal with a tragic ending like that for him since he's already been thru so much.

ETA: found this on twitter. I think it's a nice view of what's going on with DE this season. TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter I know it's disappointing after waiting so long but I do think this season is building DE into a much stronger couple. This issue between them is what will always be their main issue so if they can get thru it, I think once they reunite it'll be for good.

Bellamy and Clarke

Last edited by LuvinJames23; 04-10-2014 at 01:43 PM
Old 04-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

new pics from 5x19 Vampire Diaries: Photos From "Man On Fire" & "What Lies Beneath" | KSiteTV

Old 04-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Absolute Fan

And some from 520
‘Vampire Diaries’: Stefan & Elena’s Secret — Season 5 Episode 20 Spoiler - TVLine

looks like 519 will be the episode where Damon rescues SE and carries Elena to the bed like we saw in the preview at Paley.

I'm actually really looking forward to the remaining episodes. Gonna get intense. Hopefully in a good way.

Bellamy and Clarke