Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmeli (View Post)
I don't agree with that theory. If he truly wanted to die, he could stake himself. Suicidal people tend to do the deed themselves. Now, there are also people who don't particularly care if they die or not and then act reckless. Even if Stefan or Damon himself were to admit to this theory, I still wouldn't think it made any sense.

Even so, being suicidal is no excuse. Being infected with the syringe, however, is a good excuse.

The suicidal theory is really unappealing, though. If this is what the writers had in mind for "badass Damon", then they really failed. I have no interest in seeing Damon and Elena back together if she's the one thing keeping him from seeking out death. It's one thing to proclaim that she's his life, which is sweet, but it's another to be so literal as to try to get killed after she left.
Regarding the bold...totally true...it's not a GOOD thing for Damon to be that dependent on Elena and he has been really dependent on Elena for a long time IMO.

I think that's why he's going to walk away by the end of the season. He's messed up. He can't hold a relationship together if he can't even hold himself together.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think this might be different from when they got Matt back b/c the traveler wasn't able to complete the transformation w/him, Matt was able to come back before they finished it. Katherine was able to vanquish Elena completely & take control for good. I feel like that's why Bonnie & Jeremy need Liv. Maybe they think a witch can do a spell to bring her back. I don't like that Damon's not involved but I'm thinking he still can't be around vampires at this point & he doesn't want to hurt any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslave (View Post)

Actually it's pretty obvious to me that Damon wants to be bitten. He already was suicidal in the last episode. He will pick up a fight with Tyler, hoping he'll get bitten. It's not like with Bonnie/Jeremy, it's because he wants to die.
I agree w/you I think he wants Tyler to bite him so he can die.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
Regarding the bold...totally true...it's not a GOOD thing for Damon to be that dependent on Elena and he has been really dependent on Elena for a long time IMO.

I think that's why he's going to walk away by the end of the season. He's messed up. He can't hold a relationship together if he can't even hold himself together.
Yeah, that's why I'm extremely apprehensive of the popular theory suggesting he's trying to get himself killed. I love Damon to death and he is the most outstanding thing about this ridiculous show, but that kind of relationship is toxic. That's the thing though, Delena have never seemed particularly toxic to me. I feel like Damon has always valued her life over even being with her, so I don't understand why he'd be suicidal if she left him. It just seems out of character for me. This is the same guy who has pushed Elena towards Stefan many times, so why would he do that if he knew that he'd want to die without her?

If Elena died, yes, I could see him being suicidal, but that's the only scenario in which I could envision that.

Edit: not to mention, if Damon got himself killed, Elena would only have Stefan to look after her. It's been proven that she needs way more protection, since she is always under attack, so I don't see why/how Damon would just leave her defenseless. Even when they weren't dating, or when she absolutely despised him, he always thought he had a duty to protect her.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think it has anything to do w/Elena. Damon doesn't strike me as the type who'd be cool w/being an augustine vampire for the rest of his life.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I don't think it has anything to do w/Elena. Damon doesn't strike me as the type who'd be cool w/being an augustine vampire for the rest of his life.
Oh, I totally agree with that. I'm just talking about the theory that's been circulating around the internet ever since him and Enzo attacked Beremy.

The Augustine thing is different and him wanting to die would be very selfless since it would prevent him from hurting Enzo, Stefan, Elena, etc. That wouldn't be out of character for him at all.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Oh my god, what an absolute joke except I'm not laughing.

1. Why are the writers so ridiculous as to think we care about Nadia? We literally just met her this season. She's not a good person, but she's not even a fun and entertaining villain. I've literally never seen a fan talk about how awesome she is and that says a lot because even Caroline has fans.
It's so ridiculous. I feel like it's more about Katherine as to why she's been around so long. I mean do we REALLY need to see Nadia flashbacks. Really show?? Like seriously who cares? & it irritates me even more b/c we literally had to wait forever for a Damon centric flashback.

Last edited by tragedy; 02-13-2014 at 09:36 AM
Old 02-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I care about Nadia, I feel for her.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I agree w/you I think he wants Tyler to bite him so he can die.
why would he want to die a slow painful death ? he can just take his ring off and walk under the sun ! that will be quick ...

Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't see any other reason for why he'd be taunting Tyler. He & Tyler literally have no reason to interact.

I understand that I cared about The Originals but there comes a time when you shouldn't give an overabundance of focus to the side characters. & this show tends to do that WAY too often.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I took the Damon baiting Tyler thing to mean he was trying to get him to attack someone else, not him. I don't buy the whole suicidal thing because, to me, Damon wasn't acting suicidal like many people interpreted in 5x13. That's me though, everyone sees things differently.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Interesting synopsis. Tyler is half vampire perhaps Damon tries to get a taste or something. Both are upset or mad right now, so maybe a reckless pissing contest.

I just can't see Damon being suicidal right now, he might be reckless an that could end in the possibility of death. But, I don't see him actually going out with the purpose to die.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's so ridiculous. I feel like it's more about Katherine as to why she's been around so long. I mean do we REALLY need to see Nadia flashbacks. Really show?? Like seriously who cares? & it irritates me even more b/c we literally had to wait forever for a Damon centric flashback.
Totally agree. I couldn't care less about Nadia - she's like another April to me.
And I am sick to death with any more Katherine crap. I hope they'll all soon find out what's going on and find a way to kill her off once and for all so she'll get out of Elena's body.

And yes: where is that Damon flashback? Because there should be so much more to tell...
Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep, it's such a waste of time. If it were up to me, I'd make all 42 minutes about Damon () but realistically speaking, the time should focus on the three main characters and then the supporting actors. Guest actors should not get this much time. They've neglected so many characters like Bonnie, Jeremy, and Tyler for this stupid character who has as much charm as a corpse (no pun intended).

My main problem with her is that she just comes off as unbelievably pathetic and nothing about her makes me want to root for her. I have no problem with morally ambiguous characters, but her problem isn't that she's evil, it's that I don't care about any of her justifications for her actions. Sorry, it's been 500 years, I really don't care that she's been following her mother. She's had 500 years to meet people, make a life for herself, but she chose to waste it.

Not to mention, it's so painfully obvious that Katherine is only using her in order to stay alive and hook up with Stefan. Again, so pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)
I took the Damon baiting Tyler thing to mean he was trying to get him to attack someone else, not him. I don't buy the whole suicidal thing because, to me, Damon wasn't acting suicidal like many people interpreted in 5x13. That's me though, everyone sees things differently.
You're not alone. I, too, think it is extremely out of character for him to be suicidal just because Elena left him.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You're not alone. I, too, think it is extremely out of character for him to be suicidal just because Elena left him.
And like others have said, if he really wants to kill himself why not just take his ring off and walk in the sun? Or stake himself? When he wanted to die because he thought Kat was dead he decided not to complete the transition, not go through some elaborate ruse to get someone to kill him.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think Damon was acting sucidal in the last episode...self-destructive, yes..but not suicidal. I think Damon was pushing everyone away as much as he could so he could leave town and do his own thing without anyone running after him and trying to find him.

It was the same thing back in season 2 with the Jeremy neck snap..it's easier for everyone to hate him...they'll have low expectations of him and he can be a vampire and be "bad" and make poor moral choices without anyone telling him he's out of line. That's how I viewed Damon's actions in the last episode.

What happens later on...I have no idea...Damon may be sucidal by the end of the next episode for all we know. i have a feeling the doppleganger bond is going to come back as being something that will seriously eff with Damon and Elena and make it almost impossible for them to be together no matter what their feelings may be. THAT may make Damon just completely give up and want to die.

But, to me, Damon and Elena are extremely codependent people...which is how I personally like my love stories to be on TV LOL!...and I also think they're driving home the idea that Damon was being "good" for Elena and because of Elena which isn't a good reason to be "good". Damon should be good solely for himself and for his own happiness and going through all of this may make him realize that he has some inner self-workings he needs to attend to before he can concievably date Elena again.