Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Vampire-Diaries-Damon Salvatore-Episode-Discussion-Spoilers and Speculations Thread #116

The Vampire Diaries|Episode Discussion, Spoilers & Speculations

Episode Synopsis

Episode 5.16 - While You Were Sleeping
PROMO | EXTENDED PROMO | STILLS | WEBCLIP

A KILLER VIRUS — When Stefan (Paul Wesley) tries to explain recent events to a very sick Elena (Nina Dobrev), her first instinct is to call Damon (Ian Somerhalder). At the same time, Damon is trying to figure out how to make a disturbing confession to Elena. While going through Dr. Wes’ files, Caroline (Candice Accola) discovers a frightening secret, and is surprised when Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey) appears, claiming to have the solution everyone is searching for. At Enzo’s insistence, Caroline asks Stefan to meet her at a mysterious location where they are joined by a group of Travelers, including Sloan (guest star Caitlin McHugh), who reveals new information on the importance of doppelgangers. During spring break on a mostly deserted Whitmore campus, Elena runs into Luke (guest star Chris Brochu), a student who seems to know her, though she has no memory of meeting him. Recently dumped by his boyfriend, Luke proposes that he and Elena spend the break getting drunk together, but she sends him off on an urgent mission to find Bonnie (Kat Graham) and the “newbie” witch, Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell). Damon finally tells Elena the truth about his recent activities, and they come to a new agreement about their relationship.

Episode 5.17 - Rescue Me
MARKOS ARRIVES IN MYSTIC FALLS — In order to keep Stefan (Paul Wesley) from being harmed by Sloan (guest star Caitlin McHugh) and the Travelers, Caroline (Candice Accola) and Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey) agree to make a trip to Atlanta to find a newly discovered doppleganger [sic]. Caroline is surprised when Enzo opens up to her about his past. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) spend an awkward afternoon at Jeremy’s (Steven R. McQueen) parent-teacher conference, where they hear bad news about his behavior at school. Afterwards, Damon reluctantly tells Elena upsetting news about Jeremy’s personal life. Bonnie (Kat Graham) has an unsettling encounter with Luke (guest star Chris Brochu), and learns more about his family history. Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) fills Jeremy in on the rumors about the Travelers’ next move and demonstrates her considerable power. Jeremy makes an unexpected deal with Liv, then makes a decision that is devastating to Elena. Stefan and Caroline share a special moment of friendship. Finally, a terrifying turn of events at the Travelers’ camp leads to the appearance of their mysterious leader, Markos (guest star Raffi Barsoumian).

Episode 5.18 -

Episode 5.19 -

Season 5 Spoilers

http://vampirediaries.alloyentertain...markos-227141/

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/02/27/...n-5-spoilers/#

http://tvline.com/2014/02/27/vampire...on-5-spoilers/

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Vampire-...s-1078275.aspx

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/02/raf...mpire-diaries/

Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, Crafty Katherine - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews Painful Fallout | E! Online

‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist and more - Zap2it

Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, Katherine’s Plan and Bonnie’s Future - TVLine

‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Spoilers — Damon and Elena Break Up - TVLine

Mega Buzz: Blacklist's Mole, Following's New Villains, and Walking Dead's New Danger - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

A Bloody SED scene

Caroline Dries Interview: The Vampire Diaries 100th Episode & Season 5

Filming/Promo Pics:

Ian filming 5x18

Possible BTS pic from 5x18

Large Damon promotional photo

Cast Promotional Poster

*all credit to the original owners

Last edited by tragedy; 03-07-2014 at 02:20 PM
Old 02-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

tftnt

Old 02-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!

Maybe Damon isn't cured but is trying to control his urges?

Maybe they're trying to find a way to cure him and are working together?

Didn't they say that Katherine was the cure because she had the cure in her bloodstream? If Katherine leaves or dies does that mean Elena now has the cure running through her bloodstream? If Damon gets hyped up and feeds on Elena...would he turn human himself at that point?

Hmmm...so many questions.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

I don't see how "Elena" or Elena's body can have the cure, it is still her own body, Katherine's spirit just took possession of it. "The cure" never entered Elena's body, it is within Katherine's. Besides, if Katherine's possession somehow meant the cure went into Elena's body too, she would have to suffer from its effects herself first, no?
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Yea the cure is pretty much gone cuz Katherine's body was burned during the ritual they did to make sure Kat permanently inhabited Elena's body. I don't think Katherine will survive this at all once they figure everything out. That dagger will come into play again and once they stab Elena to rid her of Kat ' s passenger spirit, that'll be it for Kat I'm pretty sure. Good riddance.

I'm excited to see Damon's SL amp up in next few weeks along with Elena's!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 02-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT

I'm pretty sure the picture posted is from 4x17 though. It's when they are entering the club in NY.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Synopsis for 5x15

Quote:
FLASHBACKS TO NADIA’S SEARCH FOR KATHERINE — While Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) remembers her centuries-long search for her mother, Stefan (Paul Wesley), Caroline (Candice Accola) and Matt (Zach Roerig) come up with a desperate new plan to save Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) life. For the second time, Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) must turn to Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) for help. Damon baits Tyler (Michael Trevino) into a nasty confrontation, then takes off to seek revenge on Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett). Caroline and Tyler come to a new understanding. Finally, Bonnie learns of a terrifying secret that will threaten the lives of all her friends.
Glad they all seem to know about Elena... not interested in more flashbacks for friggin Nadia!

Last edited by tragedy; 02-12-2014 at 07:48 PM
Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslave (View Post)
TFTNT

I'm pretty sure the picture posted is from 4x17 though. It's when they are entering the club in NY.
I'm pretty sure it's this season. Ian's hair is short like it has been this year and it looks more like a underground place instead of the club.

I'll bring it over from last thread:

That synopsis sounds great with the exception of the Nadia/Kat crap. I'm so over it.

Can't wait to see Damon get his revenge on Dr Wes!!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

TFTNT!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 02-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
Synopsis for 5x15

Glad they all seem to know about Elena... not interested in more flashbacks for friggin Nadia!
Oh my god, what an absolute joke except I'm not laughing.

1. Why are the writers so ridiculous as to think we care about Nadia? We literally just met her this season. She's not a good person, but she's not even a fun and entertaining villain. I've literally never seen a fan talk about how awesome she is and that says a lot because even Caroline has fans.

2. First Jeremy/Bonnie, now Tyler? It better all be because of that stupid syringe and nothing more. It's sad how that's what I'm hoping for and yet I don't even like that plot development. Says a lot about the current state of the show.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

@LuvinJames23, I still think it's from 4x17, but I'm too lazy to check and make screens now We'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmeli (View Post)

2. First Jeremy/Bonnie, now Tyler? It better all be because of that stupid syringe and nothing more. It's sad how that's what I'm hoping for and yet I don't even like that plot development. Says a lot about the current state of the show.
Actually it's pretty obvious to me that Damon wants to be bitten. He already was suicidal in the last episode. He will pick up a fight with Tyler, hoping he'll get bitten. It's not like with Bonnie/Jeremy, it's because he wants to die.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OF COURSE it's the twins who are saving Elena, not Damon.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Dangerous plan to save Elena? The hell?

Matt has the knife..you just stab her right?

There has to be some issue if they're all making dangerous plans then..maybe it's about the travelers and the doppelgangerbond that everyone has been talking about? Maybe the knife doesn't work or it puts Elena in danger somehow..I don't know but something isn't clicking.

And why is no one helping Damon at this point? Why is Damon not helping Elena? Either Elena is still gone and Damon still has no clue or Elena is back but Damon doesn't care.

There must be a twist that's missing and that's why things don't make s ton of sense.

It's odd for everyone to just stop trying to help Damon so there has to be a reason.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslave (View Post)
@LuvinJames23, I still think it's from 4x17, but I'm too lazy to check and make screens now We'll see

Actually it's pretty obvious to me that Damon wants to be bitten. He already was suicidal in the last episode. He will pick up a fight with Tyler, hoping he'll get bitten. It's not like with Bonnie/Jeremy, it's because he wants to die.
I don't agree with that theory. If he truly wanted to die, he could stake himself. Suicidal people tend to do the deed themselves. Now, there are also people who don't particularly care if they die or not and then act reckless. Even if Stefan or Damon himself were to admit to this theory, I still wouldn't think it made any sense.

Even so, being suicidal is no excuse. Being infected with the syringe, however, is a good excuse.

The suicidal theory is really unappealing, though. If this is what the writers had in mind for "badass Damon", then they really failed. I have no interest in seeing Damon and Elena back together if she's the one thing keeping him from seeking out death. It's one thing to proclaim that she's his life, which is sweet, but it's another to be so literal as to try to get killed after she left.