Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And Damon decided to try and make it work with Elena and now Elena's gone

Btw, Stefan is a DE shipper now
Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

So maybe Elena will die (AGAIN) and she'll have to pass through her BFF Bonnie, the anchor?

Scary thought: Damon, thinking Katherine is Katherine, actrively kills Kat-lena just because he can...immense suicidal guilt when he finds out that that was actually Elena he killed oh and buried too.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nadia is quickly becoming just as unbarable as her mom. Like seriously why keep characters around longer than they should be?

Last edited by tragedy; 01-23-2014 at 11:44 PM
Old 01-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

Haven't seen the episode yet, was it good?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the episode. It was funny and sad, there were flashbacks and old characters came back so it had everything I love and I'm a Katherine fan so for me it was one of the best episodes of this season. However, maybe it shouldn't have been the 100th episode. It was like any other episode nothing special. They could have done a flackback episode. With new flashbacks. Or an episode that has nothing to do with the plot.

And as much as I enjoyed the scene where Stefan goes to Katherine's head and gives her this dream where her family is not dead and she has her baby - very beautiful scene but I felt like it was Damon's thing . He did that first to Rose so it was a bit annoying that they copied that. Only Stefan did it this time. So saint Stefan and bully Damon once again. Still I liked this Damon because he reminded me of the season one Damon

I love Klaroline and I have waited them to happen for a long time but I was so angry at Caroline because she was so annoying the whole episode and I know Klaus is going to go back to his own show so I felt like the scene was pointless. It was like "If you promise to leave I'll have sex with you" >
Old 01-24-2014, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

This episode totally sucked.. No surprise about the body switch.. and pretty much no Delena scenes. And wasnt there some spoiler pictures before with Damon and Elena in a scene together? Or was that for another episode? Because that never happened. And other stuff in promos that didn't happened either, not yet anyway. Guess it was for a later episode but then they shouldn't release it that early..

Anyway, this was supposed to be such a great episode, such a celebration of the show, but well it wasn't. It sucked. The characters that returned was just very briefly, and not for everyone. I mean , Bonnie and Jeremy can see dead people all the time, nothing spectacular about it.. It should have been like a Alaric/Damon or Elena/Jenna scene. And the Caroline/Klaus hookup was just out of nowhere, I mean he had been gone for a long time, so there was like no build-up anymore.
And the Flashback didn't really give anything new away, we've already seen part of that..

I did keep my expectations low, didn't thought Damon and Elena would get back together, but c'mon, they didn't even say a word to eachother.

But Delena or not, the episode was still a letdown. They've talked so much about this episode, but really, it wasn't special at all..

Last edited by daydreamer88; 01-24-2014 at 04:27 AM
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I loved the whole episode!

Cant even name a scene I didn't love. (well, maybe Damon being too hard on Katherine)

Dalaric feels, Jeremy cute with Bonnie, Klaroline, the feel of moral superiority over Caroline after she slept with Klaus, Rebekah's inimitable smile, lots of Matt, Elena making me cry with her forgiveness, Stefan and Damon actually feeling for and understanding each other, Stefan's new outlook and most of all, the game master, Queen B!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't think it was a bad episode and I appreciate the thought that they went back to season two with the Katherine flashbacks.

I just don't think that for a pivotal episode and a special one it didn't focus on the right characters.

The main characters barely had any screen time. It didn't feel like it was enough IMO.

Plus they spoiled the big twist so that sucks.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that there wasn't enough focus on the main characters. I don't consider Katherine a main character so I'm still irritated that she lives on & that the whole episode was basically about her. & I'm very creeped out by this possessing Elena thing & wondering how far they're going to go w/this. It's a fine line since Elena isn't in control. I also hope they don't drag this out too long. Also as much as I love the Originals I was kind of irritated to see them back. It felt like blatant fanservice.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer88 (View Post)

This episode totally sucked.. No surprise about the body switch.. and pretty much no Delena scenes. And wasnt there some spoiler pictures before with Damon and Elena in a scene together? Or was that for another episode? Because that never happened. And other stuff in promos that didn't happened either, not yet anyway. Guess it was for a later episode but then they shouldn't release it that early..

Anyway, this was supposed to be such a great episode, such a celebration of the show, but well it wasn't. It sucked. The characters that returned was just very briefly, and not for everyone. I mean , Bonnie and Jeremy can see dead people all the time, nothing spectacular about it.. It should have been like a Alaric/Damon or Elena/Jenna scene. And the Caroline/Klaus hookup was just out of nowhere, I mean he had been gone for a long time, so there was like no build-up anymore.
And the Flashback didn't really give anything new away, we've already seen part of that..

I did keep my expectations low, didn't thought Damon and Elena would get back together, but c'mon, they didn't even say a word to eachother.

But Delena or not, the episode was still a letdown. They've talked so much about this episode, but really, it wasn't special at all..
I'm pretty sure they didn't have DE end up alone in any scenes cuz they would already try to work things out and the writers want to hold that off so they can do the Katherine/Elena switch. What ever Katherine says to Damon as Elena won't have much effect if Elena had been able to tell him she loves him and wants to work things out.

I agree about the focus being on Kat way too much. Should've been on core 3.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 01-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't think this episode was particularly special to be hyped that much beforehand. It could have been any old episode, imo.
However, I really liked the (re)appearance of all the characters (not keen on Tyler, though ), and I totally squealed with delight when I saw Ric again. I terribly miss the bromance between him and Damon.

Kat is a b***, and I am so, so sick of her character. There is far too much focus on her, and I want her gone asap.

The Klaroline scene was pointless, however if the purpose of their canoodling was to make Caro look differently on Damon (and Elena), I'm fine with it.

Last edited by Bellydancer_1; 01-24-2014 at 11:59 AM
Old 01-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

This was a horrible episode. Everything about it was terrible. I usually try to look for the good things in order to focus on those and not go crazy, but not even Alaric can save this one.

Damon v. Stefan

This episode is the quintessential battle between the two brothers. It's not a literal battle between them, but rather a battle of personalities. Stefan comes off as this amazingly perfect and noble angel () and Damon comes off as evil and bitter brother who can't let anything go. Words cannot express how disgusted I am by how they whitewash Stefan's flaws and make him look literally perfect. This episode tried so hard to make Stefan look so good and to make Damon look terrible. We get it, show. Damon is a monster, Caroline and Stefan can do no wrong. Keep trying and you'll lose the majority of your viewers like you deserve.

Katherine v. Damon

Are you kidding me? The whole episode (minus the end) was about victimizing Katherine and vilifying Damon. I'm sorry, but where is his apology, Katherine? Since you care so much about being a good person all of a sudden. Will you honestly NEVER own up to how much you have screwed over a man who GENUINELY loved you?

Everyone v. Damon

And once again, everyone magically grew a tremendous amount of compassion and decided to forgive Katherine except for the big bad Damon. Sorry, no, not buying it. Can we for once just admit Katherine is not able to be redeemed? The part about Stefan saying she was 17 was so annoying. She's not 17 anymore, she's 500+. She's had multiple lifetimes to start acting like a better person. It doesn't count when you start to "change" just because you know you're dying. Not everyone deserves forgiveness. Katherine was my favorite female character and I didn't want her to be forgiven (she's not my favorite anymore, as you can tell). Poor Katherine was being terrorized by Damon. Give me a break, he's the one who was terrorized and yet she's the one who gets a 100th episode centered around her.

Caroline v. Elena

This friendship should be done. The fact that Elena didn't tell Caroline how much of a terrible friend she is is just starting to make Elena look increasingly bad.

Elena v. Delena

Elena's line about Damon's mind being made up was quite possibly the worst thing about the episode. I don't care what you think, Elena, you need to fight for him like he's fought for you. I almost thought Elena couldn't care less about being Damon for a second. Is that really what you wanted, writers? What about all the dumb times she went after Stefan when his mind was "made up"? But of course, we just keep getting jerked around.

Stefan v. Delena

Ugh, it made me queasy for Stefan to try to fix things. Why can't this, FOR ONCE, just be about Damon and Elena? Why does Stefan have to come across as the hero in every single situation? Not to mention, they shouldn't need for King Stefan to convince Elena to fight for Damon.

Caroline v. A Stake

Please go find one, hypocrite.

Me v. This Episode

Sorry guys for all this ranting. I'm just truly disappointed. I thought this episode was supposed to be a celebration of the show and loyal fans and as a Damon fan, we were truly screwed over. Additionally, if this was an episode of Katherine looking back upon her life, we should have seen all her victims, all the nights Damon spent looking for her, all the days Elena spent without her brother...etc. Instead, we revisit literally the two times in her life in which poor Katherine was wronged as opposed to all the thousands of times she's wronged others.

Edit: I hope everyone acknowledges that forgiving Katherine was a terrible idea once they realize what she did to Elena. I also hope they acknowledge that Damon was right and that they should have killed her then and there instead of pretending she's this innocent girl all episode. If Damon had killed her, there would have been no body switch.

Last edited by Maxmeli; 01-24-2014 at 11:40 AM
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

@maxmeli: Can I marry your post?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmeli (View Post)

Caroline v. Elena

This friendship should be done. The fact that Elena didn't tell Caroline how much of a terrible friend she is is just starting to make Elena look increasingly bad.

Elena v. Delena

Elena's line about Damon's mind being made up was quite possibly the worst thing about the episode. I don't care what you think, Elena, you need to fight for him like he's fought for you. I almost thought Elena couldn't care less about being Damon for a second. Is that really what you wanted, writers? What about all the dumb times she went after Stefan when his mind was "made up"? But of course, we just keep getting jerked around.

Stefan v. Delena

Ugh, it made me queasy for Stefan to try to fix things. Why can't this, FOR ONCE, just be about Damon and Elena? Why does Stefan have to come across as the hero in every single situation? Not to mention, they shouldn't need for King Stefan to convince Elena to fight for Damon.

Caroline v. A Stake

Please go find one, hypocrite.
All the bold parts in the text I agree with. Elena should at least slap Caroline. In the face. Hard. With a chair
And Elena should be way more upset about the breakup.

But I actually like the fact that Stefan seems to get that Damon and Elena belong together. Just hope all Stelena fans will realize that too someday..

BTW - Does anybody know the name of the song that plays in the Damon / Elena sneak peek ? The Vampire Diaries 5x11 Sneak Peek |1| "500 Years of Solitude" (HD) - YouTube
Old 01-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

New Thread