Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane (View Post)
Ian said in an interview in China that Damon will be bad again because Elena hurt his feelings ...
I'm definitely thinking it will be Katherine in Elena's body & Damon won't know it & Elena probably will be in a black out like what happened to Matt so she won't remember it.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I'm definitely thinking it will be Katherine in Elena's body & Damon won't know it & Elena probably will be in a black out like what happened to Matt so she won't remember it.
that is why im thinking too ...i cant find any other explaination tbh ....this is what i was afraid of but i see it coming ...

Old 01-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I felt would cause Damon to go dark. I never thought he would be injected by Aaron & still have doubts about that. I think Damon will chooes to go dark on his own. Afterall Elena was the reason he turned his humanity back on in the first place.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Damon being bad because he no longer has Elena sounds an awful lot like Stefan no longer fighting his bloodlust and being the ripper because he don't have Elena. If having Elena is the only reason either decides to be good then that is terrible.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

its not about Eena its about emotiona hurt !Damon did it before when he had to leave Enzo ! he turn it off when he doesnt want to feel hurt ...and the ony ones that can really hurt him is the ones he oves and care about

Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterwebzKid (View Post)
Damon being bad because he no longer has Elena sounds an awful lot like Stefan no longer fighting his bloodlust and being the ripper because he don't have Elena. If having Elena is the only reason either decides to be good then that is terrible.

I agree.
If it's not because he gets injected (which doesn't make sense, because he obviously can hang around Enzo without eating him) then I guess it has something to do with Damon's guilt in regards to Enzo oooooor something happens and Damon HAS to work with Enzo and Wes to save Team MF.
I don't want to see an "Elena doesn't love me, so I just go off the rails again". That's not Damon. Not anymore. Not since 2x01.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon going ape **** after getting his heart broken is totally with in character & totally Damon after 2x01. He ran & slept w/Rebekah after Elena hurt him in 3x14. It's not about not having Elena it's about Damon & emotions. When Damon is hurt / severely emotionally in pain he lashes out. They made sure to remind of us this when Elena mentioned it in 3x19; also he almost killed Andie in 2x19 b/c he was upset it's just what he does. So getting his heart ripped out by Elena & him saying eff it is totally a Damon thing to do. & lets not forget that damon has never had a problem w/embracing his true nature as a vampire or feeding on humans so if he goes on a bender it's not exactly OOC either.

Last edited by tragedy; 01-04-2014 at 06:41 PM
Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I actually love the idea that Damon goes of rails because of Elena. I love the fact that she's the one that can make him feel like theres no other way out, and that he feels there's no meaning without her.

Haha.. I hope he cries (I hope they both!) in next episode, that he wont be able to sleep, that they both lay awake missing each other to bits
Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I don't want Damon to go dark! He's taken so long and was gradually starting to choose differently, change, I don't think for Elena, for himself. And now we're throwing it all out of the window?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Yea there's no way Elena herself would hurt Damon's feelings especially when we already saw how she didn't want to let go of their relationship. Has to be Katherine and it's gonna hurt watching it but how long will Kat inhabit Elena's body? Surely if Elena becomes conscious again, she'd let Damon know it wasn't her if she finds out what set him off.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 01-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it is probably Katherine in Elena's body, she does have a thing for breaking Damon's heart after all...

I can't say I care for a "Damon goes off the rails because he is feeling hurt" sl... It has been done so many times (though repetition is TVD's thing, so...). Well, not so much, as in the previous times he didn't really go off the rails or anything, he had momentary lapses of control/judgement and did something he really should not have done and regretted it pretty much right after doing it and tried to make amends. This time, it sounds like he really loses it and goes wild? (based on the pics etc).

Which is another thing. Even when Damon was "bad" and "emotions off" Damon in S1, he wasn't ripper-crazy like Stefan, and in the pics it looks like he is. So, I feel there just has to be more than "he is lashing out/has emotions turned off" for him to be acting like that.

But then, Ian does like to tease us sometimes and not reveal the whole truth...
Love crime

LOGH
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I don't want Damon to go dark! He's taken so long and was gradually starting to choose differently, change, I don't think for Elena, for himself. And now we're throwing it all out of the window?
My thoughts exactly. This whole thing makes me not like Enzo.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Damon going ape **** after getting his heart broken is totally with in character & totally Damon after 2x01. He ran & slept w/Rebekah after Elena hurt him in 3x14. It's not about not having Elena it's about Damon & emotions. When Damon is hurt / severely emotionally in pain he lashes out. They made sure to remind of us this when Elena mentioned it in 3x19; also he almost killed Andie in 2x19 b/c he was upset it's just what he does. So getting his heart ripped out by Elena & him saying eff it is totally a Damon thing to do. & lets not forget that damon has never had a problem w/embracing his true nature as a vampire or feeding on humans so if he goes on a bender it's not exactly OOC either.
Mh I think I worded myself wrong and bringing up 2x01 was a bad example. Let me put it like this: Damon lashing out for moments is totally IC. Damon going completely off the rails however isn't.
Schumiac said it a lot better than I did. He does stupid things in the heat of a moment.
The spoilers we get however sound like something that goes on for days/weeks/months. That's something completely different. From what we've seen Damon lashes out for a stupid second and goes back to wanting to fix everything immediately.
And even with Andie you already saw character progression. He killed Jessica when he felt bad, and from what I recall that was the last innocent he killed. That happened 2x12, so 3 seasons ago, and people are still acting like he kills randoms whenever he feels like. He sent Andie away when he felt bad. He snapped Alarics neck but made sure he wore the ring, when he wanted to lash out again. I see that as toning his lashing out down over time.
Him sleeping with Rebekah tbh I don't really call lashing out though. I call that having sex. I don't see the big deal of that, but I know it's supposed to be seen like that.
They made sure to remind us in 3x19 that Damon sabotages things against his own happiness. That's what I took of it and what is present ever since then in almost everything he does.
Damon not denying his vampire nature has nothing to do with this though. He doesn't do it. He still feeds when he wants to or thinks it has a purpose and stuff.
Damon going completely off the rails however is something completely different, and something that we didn't even see in s1. But that's just my opinion We all interpret things differently and that's fine.

Last edited by Nightslave; 01-05-2014 at 05:35 PM
Old 01-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Agreed

Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Episode 5.12 - The Devil Inside
Episode 5.13 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

The Vampire Diaries - Episodes 5.12 & 5.13 - Titles Revealed | Spoilers