Elite Fan

Thanks for the clip!

TFTNT!

Diana
Old 12-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane (View Post)
exactly Trich ! its still weird to me tpo believe Damon will go kill someone because of old revenge promise while he is havig a blessful summer finally with the woman he loves ....its either a lie or a terrible last moment plot to give DE roadblocks ...
Sadly, I think it will end up being true and DE gets to continue sucking as normal. Writers, STOP IT!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
^ I also think Damon was telling the truth that he killed the Whitmore family for generations...frankly it seems in character. I also think it will cause problems with DE and speaks volumes that he has to hide his behavior from Elena.

Frankly, I'm happy to see the darker side of Damon back. I think there are reasons for the way he is and I'm okay with it.

It bothers me that this will probably be used a wedge for DE when we have not seen as much exploration of their relationship this season as I had hoped. Caroline was planting the seeds of doubt the last several episodes and this will be the water that makes the problem grow.
I think the wedge for DE was always going to be the way Damon treats killing people and Elena's friends. He has this side of him that really doesn't care at all about any innocent people unless they are part of his group of people and most are connected to Elena. When he spoke about killing that girl he was so unblievably cold...you can see the darkness right in his eyes.

Damon has come a long way in how he treats people particularly humans....he has a list of people he guards and he has a belief that you kill with purprose not just do random killings like what he used to do when he was introduced back in season 1 but he still has a way to go and I think these random killings towards inncocent people, even if his history plays a huge part of it, is going to rub Elena the wrong way. She THOUGHT Damon had changed completely but, just like Stefan, he is still effed up and has his own bag of issues to deal with and the worst part is he never even mentioned them to her.

It's going to hurt really bad when they finally do fight about this.

I would have rather this be the issue between them instead of the doppleganger bond or Stefan. Caroline Dries, I think it was Caroline, said that DE would have internal problems to deal with not necessarily external problems and this problem is probably the only problem I could see DE having. It's been their problem ever since season 1 so I lik that they're choosing to make this their ultimate issue instead of something random like Elena cheating while at college or Damon pulling away from Elena because he is drawn to Katherine again.

Last edited by prodigious28; 12-07-2013 at 08:47 AM
Old 12-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
I would have rather this be the issue between them instead of the doppleganger bond or Stefan. Caroline Dries, I think it was Caroline, said that DE would have internal problems to deal with not necessarily external problems and this problem is probably the only problem I could see DE having. It's been their problem ever since season 1 so I lik that they're choosing to make this their ultimate issue instead of something random like Elena cheating while at college or Damon pulling away from Elena because he is drawn to Katherine again.
I agree that I rather have an internal issue, in this case Damon and his "morality" and how it contrast to Elena's, be their relationship problem.

However, I still think Elena's draw to Stefan, as evident by the guilt and googly eyes with an almost kiss, will contribute. And of course having no support for the relationship from friends and family will contribute to problems too.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
I agree that I rather have an internal issue, in this case Damon and his "morality" and how it contrast to Elena's, be their relationship problem.

However, I still think Elena's draw to Stefan, as evident by the guilt and googly eyes with an almost kiss, will contribute. And of course having no support for the relationship from friends and family will contribute to problems too.
Well when Elena finds out about Katherine and Stefan...i'm sure Caroline will tell the world about that one...Elena will probably be really pissed off at him too considering Katherine and Elena are enemies and Elena still holds a huge grudge on Kat for what she's done in the past...and rightfully so.

So to hear about Stefan sleeping with Katherine after everything? YEah she's probably going to show some emotion on that front and that will make Damon question how much Elena really loves him since they'll probably fight and possibly breakup once Elena and Damon have time to discuss Damon's actions as of late. Everything will be in question once again because that security that DE had is going to be gone...they're trust will be gone because of all the secrets Damon has kept from Elena.

But I don't think they'll be much in the way of actual romance between SE. I think Caroline, Katherine, and Stefan will be the ultimate story there for right now...I would guess little SE hints here and there to make Damon really flip out.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
Well when Elena finds out about Katherine and Stefan...i'm sure Caroline will tell the world about that one...Elena will probably be really pissed off at him too considering Katherine and Elena are enemies and Elena still holds a huge grudge on Kat for what she's done in the past...and rightfully so.

So to hear about Stefan sleeping with Katherine after everything? YEah she's probably going to show some emotion on that front and that will make Damon question how much Elena really loves him since they'll probably fight and possibly breakup once Elena and Damon have time to discuss Damon's actions as of late. Everything will be in question once again because that security that DE had is going to be gone...they're trust will be gone because of all the secrets Damon has kept from Elena.

But I don't think they'll be much in the way of actual romance between SE. I think Caroline, Katherine, and Stefan will be the ultimate story there for right now...I would guess little SE hints here and there to make Damon really flip out.
I don't think we will see an actual romance between SE. Frankly given all that they have said and done to each other I can't fathom how they can ever have a romance again. But then I only ship Stefan with Klaus so...

I do think that Elena's concern over Stefan and interest in his love life is not okay for an ex. I think it will bring strife to DE and be part of problems and even a break up. Perhaps this will all lead to some better DE with some angst and romance.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Honestly I agree that Damon was telling the truth, and I hope the show keeps it that way and we don't find out it was Enzo or someone else all along. I'm also surprised people are shocked lol. Sure, Damon's mellowed out a lot since coming to MF back in s1, but he's still shown that shades of who he is are still there. And I like that tbh, and I don't care because we already have plenty of vampires with humanity on this show, why does Damon need to be one? I don't want Damon to care about human lives or anything like that, that's what the other characters are for. It's not like he cared when he was human, otherwise he wouldn't have helped kat to kill and hide their bodies.

I ship DE but if this is the cause of their breakup, then meh. Elena knows Damon's a terrible person, that he's her "worst choice", yet she gave him a chance anyway. I'm not saying she can't be mad but if this is what causes her to "re-evaluate" their relationship, then why even be with him in the first place after the other stuff he's done before now?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

TBH I don't get why Elena is going to be mad about Damon killing Aaron's family.She pretty much met the guy few weeks ago and I guess I missed the memo where they've become good friends.
Just few minutes before that she told Damon she didn't care what he had to do to get out.
I really hate it when the writers are telling us that we have to care about some people just because.
Caroline caring about Jessy because he was her crush over her supposed BFF Elena.
Now Elena caring about Aaron and getting mad at Damon for something that has nothing to do with her.Damon and the Whitmores are his personal vendeta and she has no right to say anything about it unless she walks in his shoes.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I think what will make Elena mad is the fact Damon snuck off at the beginning of the summer to go kill innocent people. It's not really about the fact it was Aaron's relative tho she does care, I think she won't like how Damon kept this from her. But who Knows. Personally while I love this SL for Damon and think it's an awesome way to tell his background and give more insight into what made him the way he was in S1, I actually feel the plot line of him continuing this vendetta since then is just simply a contrived way of causing trouble for DE. Elena will most certainly get mad but I hope the writers will surprise us and let this further prove how much she loves Damon and more importantly the fact she loves him flaws and all.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the possibility that they might reveal that a Damon was the one who caused Elena's parents to die by making them go off the bridge. Damon said his revenge included all families in the society, well Grayson was a part of it. Now that would definitely be ridiculous and I'm not sure I can deal if they bring that into play. I'm praying they don't.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
I think what will make Elena mad is the fact Damon snuck off at the beginning of the summer to go kill innocent people. It's not really about the fact it was Aaron's relative tho she does care, I think she won't like how Damon kept this from her. But who Knows. Personally while I love this SL for Damon and think it's an awesome way to tell his background and give more insight into what made him the way he was in S1, I actually feel the plot line of him continuing this vendetta since then is just simply a contrived way of causing trouble for DE. Elena will most certainly get mad but I hope the writers will surprise us and let this further prove how much she loves Damon and more importantly the fact she loves him flaws and all.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the possibility that they might reveal that a Damon was the one who caused Elena's parents to die by making them go off the bridge. Damon said his revenge included all families in the society, well Grayson was a part of it. Now that would definitely be ridiculous and I'm not sure I can deal if they bring that into play. I'm praying they don't.
She still knows who he is and accepted that before pursuing a relationship with him. I honestly don't get why she was even shocked or surprised lol. I don't mind if she's mad, but if this is used to break up DE then why even be in a relationship with him in the first place?

And I doubt the writers would have Damon or Stefan be responsible for Elena's parents death.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I think his vendetta was only for the Whitmores.He killed whoever was present at the party but it was implied that only the Whitmores were the target of his killings.
Even if Elena is only mad about him killing someone behind her back,still doesn't make sense.What was he supposed to do?Elena, honey I have someone I have to kill in .... I forgot the city.I will be gone for the weekend or do you want to go on vacation with me.
Do you think that will sit well with her?
Damon is Damon

I don't think either of the brothers have anything to do with Elena's parents death.That will be the end of the show.And JP specifically said that their death was an accident.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEfan27 (View Post)
I think his vendetta was only for the Whitmores.He killed whoever was present at the party but it was implied that only the Whitmores were the target of his killings.
Even if Elena is only mad about him killing someone behind her back,still doesn't make sense.What was he supposed to do?Elena, honey I have someone I have to kill in .... I forgot the city.I will be gone for the weekend or do you want to go on vacation with me.
Do you think that will sit well with her?
Damon is Damon

I don't think either of the brothers have anything to do with Elena's parents death.That will be the end of the show.And JP specifically said that their death was an accident.
This plus Ann357 made a good point. She said running cars off the road isn't Damon's style, he would have a dinner party. I agree.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

but im sure if Damon killed her parents then he will know they were her parents! he wasnt surprised or regretful ! if he was the one who killed them then its sure he wouldnt be able to look her in the eyes in season 1 not just now : ooops sorry i just found out those people i killed on the same day in the same bridge are you parents !
if he did it he will feel terrible everytime she talks about her losing her family beause he killed them ..why would he remember just now ?? or be cool about it all this time ?

and elena breakingup with damon beause he is not like she wished he was is a terrible idea ! just like stefan breaking up with elena because she is not like what he wished she was ! so why was she so hurt when stefan didnt accept her the way she is ?

Last edited by imane; 12-07-2013 at 02:29 PM
Old 12-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

why do I like SK? I like SK! Where did that come from? Possibly cause Katherine is a favourite of mine.