Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I think its just because its DE's turn now to get the focus in interviews and such. Previous seasons was all about SE because they was the couple of the show, and now since DE is the couple, they get the focus.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is bad what is happening to Stefan but I can't help but go: http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/...psf66de151.gif

Especially when I think of how he was hoping to starve Damon in S1 and then lock him up for 50 years...

Now news of Damon being sweet and smitten and a boyfriend everyone would like and DE being super sexy etc, they make me rather excited!

Love crime

LOGH
Old 07-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

If I die today, tell Ian Somerhalder I loved him
Old 07-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

I need more details on how super sexy and happy Damon and Elena will be. October seems sooo far away.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
It is bad what is happening to Stefan but I can't help but go: http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/...psf66de151.gif

Especially when I think of how he was hoping to starve Damon in S1 and then lock him up for 50 years...
that is hilarious Asena!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

That gif Ace!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Joshua Butler ‏@TheJoshuaButler 24 Jul
Happy Birthday to the awesome @PaulWesley on the 1st shooting day of #TVD 5x02. Amazing actor and a real trooper. pic.twitter.com/LF46KCSUIh
Old 07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, the moment I saw that gif I was like, this will come in handy

I assume that's a pic of Stefan underwater?
Love crime

LOGH
Old 07-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Season 5 spoilers:> 'The Vampire Diaries' at Comic-Con 2013: Panel live blog

Elena's making it to college!

She's not going to let being a vampire stop her! Dries confirmed that after last season's emotional graduation, Elena and Caroline will head to college together. "[Elena] wants to prove she can be a functioning, normal vampire," she said. "She's going to probably go and be pre-med - her dad was a doctor. She just wants to go to college, go to frat parties, and hang out."

Of course, this is The Vampire Diaries, so things will not be that simple. "Her professor's super hot and maybe shady," Dries teased. "As she goes there, she starts to realize something's going on at this college. So she becomes more embroiled in this vampire college mystery that's going on, and it becomes less about her going to, like, math class, which is not interesting to watch." I don't know, we could maybe be swayed by Elena doing algebra...

Damon and Elena will be trying to be together

Dries revealed that the theme of this season will be "fresh starts" - and Damon and Elena will be a part of that, as they're trying to have "a new, real-person relationship". But don't get too comfortable: "Of course, all that's going to go terribly awry by, like, the end of act one," Dries joked.

But don't lose hope, Delena shippers, because they're really going to work on this relationship. "You know couples in TV shows, you want them to be together and then they get together and all of the sexual tension is gone and they're boring?" Dries said. "We want to be hyper aware of that, but we also want them to be genuinely happy for a little while, because Damon has fought so hard to be with Elena. And so we just want to go against the grain and make them a happy couple without bickering and fighting every episode, but actually make their relationship suffer from real-life issues that come up in normal people relationships, and make it less about mythological conflict getting in the way."

Get ready to find out more about those pesky doppelgangers...

Speaking of mythology, with Stefan locked in that lake-dwelling safe (awkward), it's no surprise that Dries confirmed doppelgangers will be very important this season. "That was not just because we needed a cool episode out," she joked. "That was a very interesting mythology that as Stefan's learning about himself and as Elena's like, 'What's going on with me? Why do I exist?', we're going to realize that the doppelgangers are this awesome, interesting mythology that dates back to the year zero." Intriguing!

In fact, it's not only Stefan and Silas in the limelight but Elena and Katherine too. "If you were just tuning into this show in season five, you might be like, 'Who are all these people? Do they not want to cast other people?'" Dries joked.

Prepare to feel sorry for Katherine (yes, really)

Now that Katherine's been forced back into humanity thanks to that little cure, she's going to be "miserable", Dries revealed. "She continues to be this conniving, rude, manipulative bitch, but it's like, 'Now she can get paper cuts!'," Dries shared (adding that Katherine's her favorite character to write for at the moment). "She has to learn how to adapt as all of her victims have. She becomes this weirdly loveable person that you kind of want to date every character on the show."

There's no easy way out, either - Dries pointed out: "Nobody's taken the cure before, so it's like, 'If I drink vampire blood and kill myself, who's to say I'm going to wake up?' So she's not willing to risk it." And while "ultimately" Katherine might be having a redemption arc, don't expect her to be cuddling puppies and baking cupcakes any time soon. "I think she'll continue to be Katherine the villain for the first chunk of the season, because she just doesn't know any other way," Dries said.

Bonnie's keeping a rather big secret...

... And when we say big, we mean like: "I'm dead." Yep, Bonnie passed to the other side last season, and Dries explained that she has a "really cool story" this time around. "We were like, 'What should we do with Bonnie?' last year because she had kind of climaxed in terms of her magical power, and we needed to take her to the next level and make her all evil, which you've seen a million times, or kill her and give her this really cool story from the other side," Dries explained.

Expect Bonnie to be dealing with "a lot of issues that are about death and stuff" and then "coming to terms with her own death". And if you'd been wondering whether Elena and Caroline would be grieving: "All of her friends don't realize she's actually dead, so she's keeping that huge secret."

'The Vampire Diaries': Five things we learned from exec Caroline Dries - Vampire Diaries Blog - TV - Digital Spy
Old 07-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new spoilers...

I really do not understand how Bonnie could have hid the fact she is dead for so many months. Does NO ONE check on her or call her on the phone? None of her friends or family? WTH? Do they think she just needs to be left alone for a while and are collectively respecting that, including her parents? No questions asked?
Love crime

LOGH
Old 07-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've always found Bonnie irrelevant & now the show just proves it further by having her die & no one notice
Old 07-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Old 07-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I wonder what the scenes about. That director pride hashtag is so cute, I love Joshua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)

Now news of Damon being sweet and smitten and a boyfriend everyone would like and DE being super sexy etc, they make me rather excited!

[IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t391/Acegifs/Feels%20-%20Regret%20Nothing%20gifs/tumblr_lz3ak1lZNI1r0jtyw_zpscd432347.gif[IMG]
Just hilarious!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

hmm who's the person in that scene? is that red hair?
Damon & Elena
Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

^^ Thanks for posting that long article about season 5.

And may I say, I love Joshua Butler!