Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Vampire-Diaries-Damon Salvatore-Episode-Discussion-Spoilers and Speculations Thread #101

The Vampire Diaries|Episode Discussion, Spoilers & Speculations

Promos

Episode Synopsis

4x22 - The Walking Dead

SOMETHING WICKED — As Graduation Day approaches, Caroline (Candice Accola) tries to distract Elena (Elena [sic] Dobrev) by focusing on simple tasks like sending out announcements, but Elena won’t be swayed from her new obsession. Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) calls Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) to the hospital, where someone has been attacking patients. Still trying to force Katherine (Elena [sic] Dobrev) to help her, Bonnie (Kat Graham) refuses to give up on her plan to defeat Silas. As a violent wind storm causes a power outage in Mystic Falls, ghosts suddenly appear – some with good intentions and some bent on revenge. Zach Roerig and Claire Holt also star.

4x23 Graduation

WHO WILL TAKE THE CURE? — On Graduation Day, Mystic Falls is overrun with ghosts intent on settling old scores and fulfilling their supernatural destinies. Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) life is in danger after a ghostly encounter, while Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) join forces to battle a ghost determined to find the cure. As everyone gathers for the graduation ceremony and the ghosts converge, help comes from an unlikely hero. Caroline (Candice Accola) receives a touching and unexpected graduation present, and Bonnie’s (Kat Graham) plan leads to the closing of the veil. Elena (Nina Dobrev) makes a decision about the Salvatore brothers and faces an epic confrontation with Katherine (Nina Dobrev). Finally, Stefan (Paul Wesley) discovers a horrifying clue to the mystery surrounding Silas.

Season 4 Spoilers

'The Vampire Diaries' Boss on Elena's 'Tsunami of Grief' and the Aftermath of [Spoiler's] Death | TV News | Hollywood.com

‘Vampire Diaries’ spoilers: E.P. Julie Plec talks Damon and Elena’s romance post-humanity switch, plus Klaus/Caroline and the spinoff - Zap2it

'The Vampire Diaries' scoop: Julie Plec teases 'new vampire Elena' | Inside TV | EW.com

The Vampire Diaries Boss on Dark Elena - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Julie Plec talks ‘My Brother’s Keeper’: Damon and Elena do the deed -- but are her feelings real? - Zap2it

The Vampire Diaries’ Damon and Elena: Are Her Feelings Real? The Big Boss Spills! | E! Online

Julie Plec Interview about Prom, Season Finale and Season 5

Caroline Dries Interview

Filming/Promo Pics:

4x21

May Sweeps Poster

4x23

*all credit to the original owners

Last edited by tragedy; 05-02-2013 at 06:06 PM
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt!!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale nian (View Post)
i didn't read the books, but a friend of mine said that in the books, stefan is stuck between the two world at some point ,and damon and elena try to save him. but, there is a problem here. if it happens, or if stefan is going to take the cure, we have season 3 all over again. damon and elena working together for stefan,. to be honest it's boring to me.
I read a little. I always thought S3 was the TV shows version of Stefan locked away . Since he was trapped in the books, and in the show Klaus wouldn't let him go back. Both versions had the safe affect of Damon and Elena growing closer and trying to help Stefan, although the show did it much better.

Damon also turns human in the books, after the 'we've saved Stefan plot ended.' I'm thinking it might go like S3=Ripper Stefan (Damon and Elena try to help), S4=Vamp Elena (Damon and Stefan try to help), S5=Human Damon (Elena and Stefan try to help). I think in actuality the only way I won't like this plot is if it somehow brings Elena and Stefan closer. Like what S3 did for Elena and Damon. That's probably why I'm leery of it, but there are so many ways for it to be a great DE storyline I can't completely hate the idea. I just hope they would do it justice in S5.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Here's The Originals link, since it was at the end of the last thread.

‘The Originals’ picked up to series: ‘Vampire Diaries’ spinoff gets a full green light at The CW - Zap2it
Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razo (View Post)
TFTNT!

I read a little. I always thought S3 was the TV shows version of Stefan locked away . Since he was trapped in the books, and in the show Klaus wouldn't let him go back. Both versions had the safe affect of Damon and Elena growing closer and trying to help Stefan, although the show did it much better.

Damon also turns human in the books, after the 'we've saved Stefan plot ended.' I'm thinking it might go like S3=Ripper Stefan (Damon and Elena try to help), S4=Vamp Elena (Damon and Stefan try to help), S5=Human Damon (Elena and Stefan try to help).
thanks, you relieved me a bit

i don't want another storyline all about "we have to save stefan". . i can't.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

tftnt
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Absolute Fan

This is why I'd like to see everyone banning together to help Damon for a change. To show him he does matter. Especially from Elena's POV.

Does anyone remember the recent interview with Julie Plec about the remaining episodes and she talked about how we'll learn the truth about Elena's feelings And "where her heart truly lies"? I've been trying to find it.

Anywho, I'm really glad "T O" was picked up! Lets get back to the core group of TVD how please

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale_nian (View Post)
thanks, you relieved me a bit

i don't want another storyline all about "we have to save stefan". . i can't.
Haha, true! That's definitely the worst option Although it was worth it for me to watch Elena and Damon leaning on one another so much I think the human Damon storyline could be good as long as it doesn't become an SE thing. Almost nothing on the show has truly been an SE thing past the first season. DE might be filled with angst, but so much of the story is really about them. So I'm going to try to keep faith in that continuation, and hope the theme is consistent next season.

(couple of book spoilers mentioned below)
And don't worry about the books too much. Elena does become a vamp, but then an angel for a bit and then (mostly) human again. Plus Klaus is a villain that actually gets killed off, and not his own TV show or a whole family. And Sage was a guy...There are so many differences and then the original writer got fired and the publishing company hired a ghost writer to finish the rest (I haven't read those). So the books got sort of crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
This is why I'd like to see everyone banning together to help Damon for a change. To show him he does matter. Especially from Elena's POV.
See, now that I would love to see! If they write the SL right it could actually be really great. I'm not sure about that interview, but I'll take a look to see if I can find it again.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica242 (View Post)
wha? That was quick! Doesnt sound like theyve just decided, it was decided before!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks, Razo!! But I found it

A interview we've already seen but wanted to repost a certain part:

The Vampire Diaries Spoilers: Stefan’s New Plan, Taking The Cure, Prom And Love For The Rest Of Season 4

Quote:
“That’s not to say that it’s Who will she choose? all over again,” Plec says. “But there is the question of, where does her heart really lie? What is the truth? And what direction is the next phase of this love triangle going to go in?”
This is another response from her that makes me think Elena won't choose herself but I could be very wrong

Yea I definitely think it was a given The Originals would be picked up.

Bellamy and Clarke
Old 04-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's a brief blurb in the new EW about the finale. I'll type it up it doesn't really tell us much:

After ghosts begin to slip through the veil that separates supernatural purgatory from the living in the May 9 penultimate episode, we'll find out in the season 4 finale if Silas' plan to drop the veil completely is successful. We'll also learn who takes the cure for vampirism - a decision that EP Julie Plec admits she changed halfway through the season. And expect an emotional graduation day. "I cried some really beautiful sad tears," she says, "and I cried some great happy tears."
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
There's a brief blurb in the new EW about the finale. I'll type it up it doesn't really tell us much:

After ghosts begin to slip through the veil that separates supernatural purgatory from the living in the May 9 penultimate episode, we'll find out in the season 4 finale if Silas' plan to drop the veil completely is successful. We'll also learn who takes the cure for vampirism - a decision that EP Julie Plec admits she changed halfway through the season. And expect an emotional graduation day. "I cried some really beautiful sad tears," she says, "and I cried some great happy tears."
Why do I get the feeling Stefan will take the cure.
Just give me a reason, Just a little bit's enough. Just a second, we're not broken. Just bent and we can learn to love again. it's in the stars. It's been written in the scars on our hearts. We're NOT broken. Just bent and we can learn to love again.
Lyrics by Pink
Old 04-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, really? I was thinking JP had planned to turn Damon human in S5 from earlier on and that was the reason they made it so clear that he didn't want to be human in some of the eps, but if the decision was changed...Then I don't think he's the one to turn human after all. Hmm, watch the "vampire" that takes it will be a ghost and it'll be Lexi, I would be so pissed. Anyway, now I'm really lost about who is taking the cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun@thebeach (View Post)
Why do I get the feeling Stefan will take the cure.
I'm starting to think the same now. That's probably the main reason they made sure to get rid of the SB with the no-humanity SL. Otherwise they'd have to turn Elena or Damon human. I'm very disappointed about this, I didn't want it to be Stefan, even more then I didn't want it to be Elena or Damon.

Last edited by Razo; 04-26-2013 at 06:04 PM