Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Passionate Fan

UPDATED 5/01 Message Board Traffic, Read if you want to keep the board.

The official message from Jerry D:

Hi everyone. Twice a year, sometime during the months of April and October, we’ll be doing official post counts to ensure that the message boards here at Fan Forum are busy and thriving. We’ve established a minimum sustained post count requirement of 100 posts per board per week for message boards to remain here at Fan Forum, and we’ll be “unofficially” checking the boards periodically to see where we stand. Certain message boards have been exempted from being subject to post count requirements either due to their unique nature or because they’re less than six months old, and you can check with one of your board moderators to see if the message board that you post on is on this exempt list. Therefore, if you want your favorite message boards to remain here at Fan Forum, we encourage every member here to post on their favorite message boards as often as they can. Thanks!

If we want to keep the Ian board, we're all going to have to post more often. The last time around we didn't make the minimum but were given an exemption on the expectation of Fearless. Since Fearless has been officially canceled, we can't expect any such favors this time around. I completely understand about getting busy and not having time to post - I am guilty of that myself - but if we want the board to remain, we all need to lurk less and post more.

Please post a reply if you've actually read this message. Thank you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Given the stunning response to this thread, I'd say we're not going to make it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited Mrs. Beck ]

[ 05-01-2004: Message edited Mrs. Beck ]
Old 03-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Fearless is cancelled? Bummer! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] This really sucks. I'm definitely going to start posting more on this board. Thanks for the heads-up Debi. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 03-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Yep, Fearless was canceled before it ever even aired. I'm still mad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Glad to see you around these parts though! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I haven't even had time to lurk lately. But, I'll try my hardest! Can we get another exemption because of Ian's new project perhaps?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Passionate Fan

We can't count on another exemption though. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Last month they did an unofficial count and we only had 65 posts in a week. We need 100 to pass in April.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

65 isn't too bad. We'll persevere. [img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img]

(I promise I'll post more in April, too. I'm sort of saving up my 'posting powers' at the moment so I can unleash it in April. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

Old 03-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>(I promise I'll post more in April, too. I'm sort of saving up my 'posting powers' at the moment so I can unleash it in April. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )</STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Why am I hearing the Wonder Twins in my head now? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'll do my best to make the board Traffic Central, Mrs. Beck. Ian needs to keep his board -- he's too sexy and talented not to have one. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

And that sucks ass that the show is cancelled before it got a chance to be ruined by the WB...I mean, got a chance to be aired. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ā¯¦ Janine ā¯¦ || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 03-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

I mostly just want this board to stay around long enough to get customized. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Customized Ian goodness... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Lately the traffic hasn't been too bad, has it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I reckon it must be hitting close to 100 for the past week. Probably over the threshold, even. If we can channel all the people from YA board, we should have a very decent shot. [img]smilies/ya_hamilton.gif[/img]

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

Old 03-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure what our numbers look like right now, but it does seem better! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My computer has been giving me fits this week, so I'm a bit out of the loop. I managed to get a virus and it's been brutal trying to fix everything.

I'd love to see this board customized. I'm praying for blues...Ian's favorite color and the color of those gorgeous eyes. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

We need to channel the YA people and the Ian people back and forth so we don't lose either board!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

A new mod would help, too. I tend to find that new mods go crazy when they get first appointed. (Speaking from experience here? Nah... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Old 04-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

It's April 1st! Time to shift into high gear! RAWR! [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>A new mod would help, too. I tend to find that new mods go crazy when they get first appointed. (Speaking from experience here? Nah... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )</STRONG>
You interested in the job? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Beck:
<STRONG>You interested in the job? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I am standing in the Janine camp for this board, she's crazy and enthusiastic enough to pull it off. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Although I really hope I get YA. Fingers crossed. Do you get a say in who gets to be your co-mod Debi, or is it entirely up to the higher powers?

Old 04-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Passionate Fan

You'll do great on the YA board, Nicky! As for the selections, mostly it's up to the team, but they usually do ask the current mods for input.