Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
  #46
Master Fan

 
valeria's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,484
you go on saying that in here we were hating and bashing elena bc she didn't choose damon... and you are completly WRONG. If that's what you got from months of our ranting i guess our english is considerably worse than i thought it was!
__________________
Valeria
valeria is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 AM
  #47
Master Fan

 
spotlight's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,633
There is a difference between bashing and critizing. I have critiziced Elena a lot and very harshly, but I never ever resorted to calling her names or slut shamed her. Saying that people bashed her because she chose Stefan is not true. People/Damon fans had problems and criticized her for her treatment of Damon post 3x14. Starting with conspiring with Stefan to temporarily kill Damon, throwing Damon's love for her back in his face, telling him to get over it because he needs to clean up the mess she created, bitching at him every chance she got afterwards until Elena and Stefan came up with the great plan to use Damon - whom Elena KNEW was madly in love with her - to TEST Elena's feelings, only to ask his brother on a date the next day and in the end leave Damon to die a lonely and miserable death after rubbing her love for Stefan in once again. All of this happened. The criticism of her actions is valid, because that's what happened on screen.

Calling her a slut/implying that she's bed hopping back and forth between the brothers? That is bashing AND not true. It's especially out of line because the writers - no matter how much I criticize them - have gone out of their way to NOT portray her like that. Elena was with Stefan and never once cheated on him for two seasons. It took half a season of S/E being broken up for D/E to kiss. Then there was the D/E make out session. She was single during that time. Then Stefan kissed ELENA, not the other way around. After she choose Stefan, she was faithful to him again. The writers went out of their way to protect her, which is why the only thing that happened between D/E during that time was "dirty dancing". Nothing happened between D/E until S/E broke up BECAUSE of her feelings for Damon. They never even showed S/E having sex during season 4. So no, Elena is not slut OR a bedhopper.

And to those cheering for that guy - I do hope you realize that he insulted every single one of the three mains in that interview. Now go cheer for him.
__________________
~Anja~ OTB for life
Britney & the Iceman

Last edited by spotlight; 02-14-2013 at 02:46 AM
spotlight is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:06 AM
  #48
Master Fan

 
valeria's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,484
anja you read my mind!!! I was thinking about you this second!
__________________
Valeria
valeria is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 AM
  #49
Master Fan

 
spotlight's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,633
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, love you too
__________________
~Anja~ OTB for life
Britney & the Iceman
spotlight is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 AM
  #50
Elite Fan

 
niadk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 29,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight (View Post)
There is a difference between bashing and critizing. I have critiziced Elena a lot and very harshly, but I never ever resorted to calling her names or slut shamed her. Saying that people bashed her because she chose Stefan is not true. People/Damon fans had problems and criticized her for her treatment of Damon post 3x14. Starting with conspiring with Stefan to temporarily kill Damon, throwing Damon's love for her back in his face, telling him to get over it because he needs to clean up the mess she created, bitching at him every chance she got afterwards until Elena and Stefan came up with the great plan to use Damon - whom Elena KNEW was madly in love with her - to TEST Elena's feelings, only to ask his brother on a date the next day and in the end leave Damon to die a lonely and miserable death after rubbing her love for Stefan in once again. All of this happened. The criticism of her actions is valid, because that's what happened on screen.

Calling her a slut/implying that she's bed hopping back and forth between the brothers? That is bashing AND not true. It's especially out of line because the writers - no matter how much I criticize them - have gone out of their way to NOT portray her like that. Elena was with Stefan and never once cheated on him for two seasons. It took half a season of S/E being broken up for D/E to kiss. Then there was the D/E make out session. She was single during that time. Then Stefan kissed ELENA, not the other way around. After she choose Stefan, she was faithful to him again. The writers went out of their way to protect her, which is why the only thing that happened between D/E during that time was "dirty dancing". Nothing happened between D/E until S/E broke up BECAUSE of her feelings for Damon. They never even showed S/E having sex during season 4. So no, Elena is not slut OR a bedhopper.

And to those cheering for that guy - I do hope you realize that he insulted every single one of the three mains in that interview. Now go cheer for him.
Yeah, Everyting and all this basically
__________________
“…and at the center of it all was the diehard belief that she loved Damon, that she
loved him more than she'd ever loved anyone.” - Julie Plec
icon:Thesecretlie


niadk is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 AM
  #51
Master Fan

 
valeria's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight (View Post)
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, love you too
i was waiting for your answer!
__________________
Valeria
valeria is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM
  #52
Fan Forum Hero

 
wickedrum's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 66,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
Well, you are not a DE fan, so frankly your comments about Elena don't count in this convo. And yes, if you continue to call people here hypocrites then the least you can do is say spesifically to where you are referring to.
I dont usually keep track of who exactly says what exactly, I just remember the negativity that went on in general for months, especially during the hiatus.

Most of the time these days I root for DE, but I never get extreme about them, so in that sense, no, I dont count.

On both on the Ian board and sometimes on the Paul board I try to keep to a balance where I take into account all points of view to achieve a realistic middle. This behaviour makes me a minority and we all know minorities get crushed.

My two years in the Ian-era, it was really nice while it lasted.
__________________
Loki

He may be bad but he's perfectly good at it

icon by Nikole
wickedrum is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
  #53
Obsessed Fan

 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight (View Post)
There is a difference between bashing and critizing. I have critiziced Elena a lot and very harshly, but I never ever resorted to calling her names or slut shamed her. Saying that people bashed her because she chose Stefan is not true. People/Damon fans had problems and criticized her for her treatment of Damon post 3x14. Starting with conspiring with Stefan to temporarily kill Damon, throwing Damon's love for her back in his face, telling him to get over it because he needs to clean up the mess she created, bitching at him every chance she got afterwards until Elena and Stefan came up with the great plan to use Damon - whom Elena KNEW was madly in love with her - to TEST Elena's feelings, only to ask his brother on a date the next day and in the end leave Damon to die a lonely and miserable death after rubbing her love for Stefan in once again. All of this happened. The criticism of her actions is valid, because that's what happened on screen.

Calling her a slut/implying that she's bed hopping back and forth between the brothers? That is bashing AND not true. It's especially out of line because the writers - no matter how much I criticize them - have gone out of their way to NOT portray her like that. Elena was with Stefan and never once cheated on him for two seasons. It took half a season of S/E being broken up for D/E to kiss. Then there was the D/E make out session. She was single during that time. Then Stefan kissed ELENA, not the other way around. After she choose Stefan, she was faithful to him again. The writers went out of their way to protect her, which is why the only thing that happened between D/E during that time was "dirty dancing". Nothing happened between D/E until S/E broke up BECAUSE of her feelings for Damon. They never even showed S/E having sex during season 4. So no, Elena is not slut OR a bedhopper.

And to those cheering for that guy - I do hope you realize that he insulted every single one of the three mains in that interview. Now go cheer for him.

But would anyone be criticizing Damon if he was treating elena horribly? Would he even get a tenth of the bashing Elena gets? I don't think so. Most people were wanting Damon to leave Mystic Falls and to hook up with Katherine. That's why i'm saying that ELena gets all of the hate and it's all based on how she treats either brother. If she had chosen Damon in season 3, would she get baahed at all? No. Because she still chose the "right" brother,even if her treatment was poor during season 3.

IMO, it's all about who Elena is sleeping with or who she's making googly eyes at,. For Damon and Stefan, it's different it's all about them and what they want. If Elena doesn't want either of them then screw her. If Damon doesn't want Elena then good for Damon. The same goes for Stefan.

I'm not saying anyone was calling Elena a "slut" at all, because I don't think anyone was, but people were bashing her and Charlie was doing the same thing...bashing Elena for her choices.

IT's not a big deal, but I can see where wickedrum is coming from.
prodigious28 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
  #54
Master Fan

 
JoasiaZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,243
this thread is making me sad....

__________________
“Alexander, were you … looking for me?”
“All my life.”
- The Bronze Horseman, Paullina Simons
JoasiaZ is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM
  #55
Loyal Fan
 
Clear's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,929
Wtf at killing Jer!!!!

As for the bashing stuff:

I think with the way the writers write Elena, she will always be criticized by one side of the triangle, because they fan service quite often. Although, we have criticized her here for her treatment of Damon - I think at times it was warranted. We had the right to be frustrated if you will, because we'd been dragged along for 3 years and it was finally looking like it'd be DE land. But, then the WRITERS made Elena's character do a complete 180. And we lost it. As for SE fans they have criticized and resorted to name-calling: i.e. "slut" (I mean I even saw some SE (I'm assuming) or at least Stefan fans agreeing to Charlie's tweet of Elena being a slut. (Even if that was merely just inferred from his interview). And in their case I do not think that's warranted. They've known this show is based on a love triangle since the get go and yet they were appalled and sickened by the fact that the other side of the triangle (DE) was finally explored?
__________________
Clear is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 AM
  #56
Master Fan

 
spotlight's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigious28 (View Post)
But would anyone be criticizing Damon if he was treating elena horribly? Would he even get a tenth of the bashing Elena gets? I don't think so. Most people were wanting Damon to leave Mystic Falls and to hook up with Katherine. That's why i'm saying that ELena gets all of the hate and it's all based on how she treats either brother. If she had chosen Damon in season 3, would she get baahed at all? No. Because she still chose the "right" brother,even if her treatment was poor during season 3.

IMO, it's all about who Elena is sleeping with or who she's making googly eyes at,. For Damon and Stefan, it's different it's all about them and what they want. If Elena doesn't want either of them then screw her. If Damon doesn't want Elena then good for Damon. The same goes for Stefan.

I'm not saying anyone was calling Elena a "slut" at all, because I don't think anyone was, but people were bashing her and Charlie was doing the same thing...bashing Elena for her choices.

IT's not a big deal, but I can see where wickedrum is coming from.
Damon got plenty of criticism when he was treating Elena badly. Frankly, that was in season 2. The last time Damon did something wrong was in 2x20. So there is not a lot that you can bash Damon for since then. Damon also had to work for Elena's forgiveness and make things right with her. What did Elena do post 3x14 to make things right? Absolutely nothing. She treated him horribly again and again and never even apologized for any of it. She DID insist on him helping her clean up her messes though. She took him for granted, treated him like he was beneath her but still insisted that he come running to her help and then left him behind to die a lonely and miserably death in an empty storage unit. Those are the facts and that's why Elena is getting the criticism. If Damon was the one screwing up the D/E relationship, he would be the one getting called out for it. And he was called out for it plenty in season 2. Everyone agreed that he had to do plenty of work to get Elena to trust him again and be his friend again. Just like Elena should've had to regain Damon's trust and should've had to work to be Damon's friend again. Both post 3x14 AND 3x22. It never happened. She did do plenty of demanding that he help her fix her messes and then bitched at him for HOW he did it. People criticized her treatment of Damon in season 3 looooooooooooong before she made her choice. So saying that it's all about who Elena is sleeping with is quite insulting when people have actual reasons for criticizing Elena. People ain't all that shallow. And yes, even if she had chosen Damon in 3x22 I would still criticize her actions from 3x14-3x22. It wouldn't have been that harshly, because hey, at least there was some payoff in the end. Instead she dragged him through the mudd and in the end kicked him in the gut some more. Bravo. I sure as hell ain't gonna apologize for criticizing Elena for legit reasons or sit here and let myself get compared to some douche who slut shames people that have done nothing wrong. That's insulting. And if people don't understand the difference between actual, legit criticism and mindless bashing, then I really can't help them. The issue was that people claimed that the mindless bashing happened on THIS BOARD. And that's not true. People criticized Elena for her actions in season 3, but NO ONE here EVER called her any names or mindlessly bashed her.

And FWIW - wanting Damon to move on has nothing to do with bashing Elena. That's about wanting something good for Damon while Elena is busy dating his brother. Oh the horror.
__________________
~Anja~ OTB for life
Britney & the Iceman
spotlight is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 AM
  #57
Master Fan

 
valeria's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,484
ok this is the last time i'm answering to this bc if you REFUSE to understand, discussing it become pointless. First of all we criticized damon when he did something wrong. UNFORTUNATLY the writers made him flawless lately and he didn't do that much to discuss about, except maybe going along with klaus'plan in 410, and if i remember correctly i saw a lot of us complaining about that (even if it's not like he really had a choice), and last ep when he was scared out of his mind and walked away from elena i saw a lot of damon bashing in the s&s thread. Plus every freaking time he did something wrong in the past, he went out of his way to make things right, he did everything in his power to make elena trust him again, with words and actions he begged her to have forgiveness, her trust and friendship back.
We wanted him to leave MF bc clearly he wasn't wanted, and i was one of those who wanted Katherine to pick up the pieces bc he was left freaking alone and desperate (i didn't want them to marry... i wanted someone to be by his side... and katherine at the time seemed to me the only viable option).
Again with this thing that if elena chose damon in season 3 everything would be ok? I don't know how many times do we have to explain that before you finally drop that one! Elena was HORRIBLE to damon for half of last season, she used him, abused him emotionally taking advantage of his feelings for her, she manipulated him to get what she wanted for him, she took him for a test drive, she left him to be torured without trying to help him and without checking up on him afterwards, she blamed him for trying to help stefan in a way she didn't like, she threw his feelings back in his face the moment they weren't handy anymore, she left him alone when she tought he was dying telling him she only cared about him and that she was setting him free and afterwards she DEMANDED for his help, she never explained her behavior to him and never apologized for any of this... THIS HAPPENED... THIS IS CANON... I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP...
__________________
Valeria
valeria is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 AM
  #58
Elite Fan

 
niadk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 29,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlight (View Post)
People criticized her treatment of Damon in season 3 looooooooooooong before she made her choice. So saying that it's all about who Elena is sleeping with is quite insulting when people have actual reasons for criticizing Elena. People ain't all that shallow. And yes, even if she had chosen Damon in 3x22 I would still criticize her actions from 3x14-3x22. It wouldn't have been that harshly, because hey, at least there was some payoff in the end. Instead she dragged him through the mudd and in the end kicked him in the gut some more. Bravo. I sure as hell ain't gonna apologize for criticizing Elena for legit reasons or sit here and let myself get compared to some douche who slut shames people that have done nothing wrong. That's insulting. And if people don't understand the difference between actual, legit criticism and mindless bashing, then I really can't help them. The issue was that people claimed that the mindless bashing happened on THIS BOARD. And that's not true. People criticized Elena for her actions in season 3, but NO ONE here EVER called her any names or mindlessly bashed her.

And FWIW - wanting Damon to move on has nothing to do with bashing Elena. That's about wanting something good for Damon while Elena is busy dating his brother. Oh the horror.
Yeap....
__________________
“…and at the center of it all was the diehard belief that she loved Damon, that she
loved him more than she'd ever loved anyone.” - Julie Plec
icon:Thesecretlie


niadk is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 AM
  #59
Addicted Fan

 
fun@thebeach's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,249
I just want to chime in regarding Chrlie's interview. His interview was nothing offensive IMO as I truly believe his was trying to be funny and his opinion means squat. What bothered me was his response on twiter and the females still defending him after calling us female fans sluts.
fun@thebeach is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM
  #60
Fan Forum Star

 
Ashley486's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 115,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun@thebeach (View Post)
I just want to chime in regarding Chrlie's interview. His interview was nothing offensive IMO as I truly believe his was trying to be funny and his opinion means squat. What bothered me was his response on twiter and the females still defending him after calling us female fans sluts.
Yeah pretty much. The interview wasnt the thing that did it. It was the actual tweet I found offensive
Ashley486 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
damon salvatore, episode discussion, ian somerhalder, rant, spoilers, the vampire diaries


Forum Affiliates
Ian Joseph Somerhalder.Com, Ian Somerhalder Central, Ian Lovers, Vampire Diaries Central
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2014, Fan Forum.