Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

TELL ME YOU LOVE ME #1: #1: b/c the Ian "parts" was definitely the best thing about the show

Ian is one of the regular cast members in an upcoming (late 2007) HBO original TV series called TELL ME YOU LOVE ME (previously known as SEXLIFE).

It will be an edgy melodrama intended for mature audiences.

Filming is currently underway in Los Angeles.

Last edited by Nightwish; 04-12-2011 at 11:29 AM
Old 10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Thank you Gary for starting this thread, I was just to do it .

Wow, HBO shows are really bold, can't wait to see Ian in this show

Here's some of the cast of the show:

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:

· Adam Scott as Palek
· Ally Walker as Katie
· Luke Kirby as Hugo
· Sonya Walger as Carolyn
· Tim DeKay as David
Old 10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Knowing HBO, this show should be full of sex and nudity...yippee !
Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Well, I just didn't dare to say it that clear but yep, that's exactly what I was thinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywrad (View Post)
Knowing HBO, this show should be full of sex and nudity...yippee !
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the info about ian's new series. i hope we get it here in HBO Asia as well.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I hope the show aired over there and more places...or... what's internet for?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

cool information!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

It also has Ally Walker!!!! Squee!!!!!

I love her.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Nath, who is Ally Walker?

More info about the show, Ian will be playing a character named Nick .

(thanks and credti to I_S). But be aware, these are still only spoilers:

FROM http://deadwoodstage.proboards34.com/index...1968&page=1
Until the episodes actually air, please consider these "potential" spoilers only. In other words, I cannot guarantee that what is described in the spoilers will actually occur on the show. If a spoiler on this page has been found by someone else, I have credited them below.

General Spoilers and Information:

Episode production numbers, projected air dates, and titles (assumes 8 episodes, each airing after the remaining Sopranos episodes; some casting notices have mentioned 10 episodes for this series):
Ep 101 - 03/11/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 102 - 03/18/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 103 - 03/25/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 104 - 04/01/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 105 - 04/08/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 106 - 04/15/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 107 - 04/22/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 108 - 04/29/2007 - (title unknown)
Ep 109 - ?
Ep 110 - ?

NEW 10/15/2006 - Description: A boundary-pushing dramedy about three couples with intimacy issues.
Principal cast information:
· Adam Scott as Palek
· Ally Walker as Katie
· Sonya Walger as Carolyn
· Tim DeKay as David
· Luke Kirby as Hugo
Recurring cast information:
· Sherry Stringfield
(source: thefutoncritic.com)

• 10/15/2006 - David Selby plays the husband of a character (Dr. May Foster) portrayed by Jane Alexander. (source: [url=http://www.davidselby.com/news.htm]davidselby.com(I actually remember him as Quentin the werewolf from "Dark Shadows," which I watched as a preschooler.)

• 10/15/2006 - Tim DeKay (Jonesy from "Carnivale") is currently shooting a new series for HBO called “Tell Me You Love Me” which should air in 2007 following the Sopranos on Sunday nights. Also staring will be Ally Walker from “The Profiler” who plays Tim’s wife and Jane Alexander plays the couples therapist. (source: timdekay.com)

• 10/15/2006 - TELL ME YOU LOVE ME (A.K.A. SEXLIFE) (HBO) - Sherry Stringfield ("ER") has booked a recurring role on the upcoming relationship drama. The project, previously known as "sexlife," also stars Adam Scott, Ally Walker, Luke Kirby, Sonya Walger and Tim DeKay. Cynthia Mort created the hour while Patricia Rozema directed the pilot. Gavin Polone and Vivian Cannon are the executive producers. Sherry Stringfield is pictured below (source: thefutoncritic.com):

Episode Spoilers begin...

Episode Spoilers:

Ep 101, Pilot:

NEW 10/15/2006 - Story line: Dr. May Foster runs a marital therapy practice specializing on couples in trouble; our three couples need her specialized attention: David and Katie, Carolyn and Palek, Hugo and Jamie.

• Roles:

-Dr. May Foster (played by Jane Alexander) - In her 50's, sensitive and intelligent, with a warm and cheerful smile, Dr. Foster is a marital therapist. She has a variety of clients of various ages, mostly couples with problems in intimacy or commitment. She has a very even handed approach to love, intimacy and sex and what it means and how to keep a relationship successful. Dr. Foster is married to Arthur, an older academic whose body is starting to go frail -- but whose passion for his wife is still unabated. They still have a sexually active marriage after 35 years. She tends to three sets of couples during the course of the pilot. Series regular. Partial Nudity Required.

-David (played by Tim DeKay) - 40 years old, David is the husband of Katie, the father of their daughter Isabella (11) and their son Jason (6). The coach of Isabella's t-ball team, David is a guy who’s always trying, and he loves his wife, but can only find intimacy in the small moments between married couples; he and Katie have a difficult time finding it in bed. When Katie confronts him about not having sex, David shuts down, balking at discussing the issue and digging in his heels about not attending couples therapy as she suggests, so she attends without him. Series regular. Nudity Required.

-Katie (played by Ally Walker) - 39 years old, attractive, direct and charming, Katie is David's wife, the mother of their two children, an ex-creative executive in advertising, who now helps makes ends meet by writing promo materials for local companies. Still deeply in love with her husband, Katie wants to find the intimacy that has gone missing from their marriage. After Katie finds the courage to confront the issue, both she and her husband find themselves lost with no idea how to return to each other. Series regular. Nudity Required.

-Carolyn Stenton (played by Sonya Walger) - In her 30's, the wife of Palek, she is a little intimidating, a woman with something closed about her -- like you want to ignore her just so she knows what it feels like. A senior partner at a law firm, who is trying desperately to get pregnant with Palek, Carolyn has no idea why they are failing or how to deal with failure, and the impact it has on their relationship. She and Palek then start seeing a marital therapist (May). When Carolyn sees a fertility doctor who can't find anything wrong with her, Carolyn starts thinking about a sperm donor, without telling Palek. Series regular. Nudity Required:

-Palek Stenton (played by Adam Scott) - In his 30's, he renovates historic buildings and may spend a bit too much time TIVOing sports. A man with a complex and tortured relationship with his father, Palek has thus far failed to get his wife pregnant, but does not want to face Carolyn's mounting worry. Carolyn and Palek’s relationship is built on success so the failure that they are confronting affects not only their marriage but each of them separately. Series regular. Nudity Required:

-Hugo (played by Luke Kirby) - 26 years old, a sixth grade teacher, Hugo is engaged to Jamie, and their sexual relationship is hot and strong. But Hugo cops to the fact that at some point in the next 40 years of his upcoming marriage to Jamie he may have a wandering eye, and screws up badly when he blurts out to his buddy (within Jamie's hearing) that he fears he's not made for permanent monogamy. Suddenly facing a fiancee who regards him with wary suspicion, Hugo has a lot of bridges to rebuild, and begins working to put things right with Jamie, including therapy sessions with May Foster. Series regular. Nudity Required:

-Jamie (played by Michelle Borth) - 25 years old, Hugo's fiancee, Jamie has an intense sexual relationship with Hugo, and she can't wait to marry him. In the throes of pre-wedding preparations, Jamie is stunned when she overhears Hugo confessing to a buddy that he's not sure about a lifelong commitment to monogamy. Now deeply hurt and angry, Jamie calls a time out until Hugo decides if his definition of marriage intersects with hers. Series regular. Nudity Required:

-Arthur Foster (played by David Selby)

Ep 102:

NEW 10/15/2006 - Roles:

-Landlord - A tall, skinny, older artsy kind of guy, he is Jamie's landlord, the kind of guy who looks like a liberal, but is really a prick. When Jamie tries to drop out of her year-long lease because she fears she and Hugo will never live there together as man and wife, the Landlord digs in his heels, demanding that she accept responsibility for the full year's rent no matter what's going on in her life. 2 speeches & 5 lines, 1 scene. Possible recurring role.

-Schlub - A schlub for a car finance office, he's ready to sell Dave and Katie $9000 worth of used car, and he has no idea that the long-married couple have been having a spat right up until he greets them, all happy to be making some money for his boss's firm. 2 lines, 1 scene. [/color]

Ep 103:

NEW 10/15/2006 - Roles:

-Marcus - 28 years old, a cute guy who's a bit messy, Marcus is an ex-boyfriend of Jamie's, who is pleasantly surprised when she calls him up, wanting company and sympathy and -- something more. More than willing to hook up with her, he's a nice guy who backs off when she's not ready to have sex with someone other than Hugo -- but none too thrilled to be sent home with a kiss on the head, either. 15 lines, 2 scenes.

-Jeff - 40's, a co-worker of Dave's, balding and no longer in as good shape (but not fat), divorced with a 12 year old daughter, he and Dave engage in both parent-to-parent chitchat as well as office gossip. 1 speech & 12 lines, 1 scene. Recurring role.

-Rita - 40's, a very good friend of Katie and Dave's, she's the hostess of a no-kids-allowed buffet / dinner party for her circle of friends, and she joins in the general gossip about who's divorcing and who's not. 5 lines, 2 scenes. Recurring role.

-Sally - 40's, another close friend of Rita and Katie, she picks over the desserts at Rita's party, and pressures Katie to have another night away from her kids, ignoring the warning signs that this is an awkward topic. 5 lines, 2 scenes. Recurring role.

-Lab Tech - This male lab tech at a fertility clinic looks at Palek's sperm through a microscope, and compliments him at some length when his sperm turns out to be spectacularly healthy. 7 lines, 1 scene.

-Wife 1 - A middle-aged, married woman, she's at a buffet/dinner party at Rita's home, and she gossips to Dave about another couple, who are heading into a divorce. 2 lines, 2 scenes.

-Husband 1 - A middle-aged, married man at Rita's dinner party, he too joins in the general gossip, and relaxes with the kids out from underfoot for once. 3 lines, 2 scenes.

-Dan - 40's, Ritas's husband and the host of the buffet / dinner party, he casually reminds Dave and Katie (and everyone else) that their anniversary is only a day away -- a topic Dave and Katie would rather sweep under the rug. 2 lines, 1 scene. Possible recurring role.

-Nate - 35, Palek's old college roommate, Nate is married to Julia, and lives in an upscale townhouse. During a spirited game of Password, Nate breaks the big news: Julia is pregnant with their third child. 10 lines, 1 scene. Recurring role. [/color]

Ep 104:

**No info on this episode yet.**

Ep 105:

NEW 10/15/2006 - Story line: Carolyn's efforts to get pregnant all result in failure; Jamie tries to cheat on Hugo with Nick, and doesn't have much fun in the process.

• Roles:

-Lauren - Palek's mother, Lauren has been estranged from his father for years if not decades, and is very close to her son. But since Palek's life revolves around Carolyn now, Lauren has come to a big decision: she's going to sell the house, and is systematically beginning to strip the house bare, getting it ready for sale, eliminating everything that makes it -- personal. She lets a startled Palek know that big changes are coming. 1 speech & 15 lines, 2 scenes. Possible recurring role.

-Doctor - This female fertility doctor preps Carolyn for artificial insemination with Palek's healthy sperm. Though Carolyn would like this to be an intimate moment, the Doctor is obliged to deal with a host of technical issues -- and this makes the experience a lot more clinical, and a lot less romantic than Carolyn would prefer. 1 speech & 13 lines, 1 scene.

-Girl - Nick's ex-girlfriend, one of the waitresses at The Mix, she is furious with him because he has asked for his housekey back. Insulted because he regards her as "some kind of stalker," she confronts him angrily, and neither of them is willing to back down. 1 speech & 3 lines, 1 scene.

-Jolanta - In her 40's, Jolanta is the "sandwich lady" at Carolyn's office, rolling a cooler full of lunch items from office to office. The mother of a 16 year old girl, Jolanta congratulates Carolyn when she blurts out the fact that she is pregnant. 1 speech & 5 lines, 1 scene.

-Guy - One of the regular players on Nick's Sunday morning softball team, he tries to order Jamie into right field, but she balks at taking less than center field. 1 line, 1 scene.

-Young Dad - A young dad with a 2 year old son, he initially appears to be having a great day at the mall with his kid -- but the minute his cell phone rings, he's aggrieved and harried, his bald spot is showing, and he's carrying the burdens of parenthood with a lot less grace and a lot more testiness. 1 speech, 1 scene. [/color]

Ep 106:

• Director: Ernest R. Dickerson; Writer: David Schulner.

• NEW[/b] 10/15/2006 - Story line: Carolyn and Palek decide to put their house on the market, and Jamie attends a family gathering with Nick.

• Roles:

-Cynthia Schulner - In her late 30's, no-nonsense and a bit manipulative, she is a senior partner at Carolyn's law firm who knows how to push Carolyn's buttons to get her to work late on a challenging case. 1 speech & 3 lines, 2 scenes. Recurring.

-Neil - In his 50's, wealthy, flashy and brash, he is Palek's annoying friend whom Carolyn and Mason deem weird but useful: he may buy Carolyn and Palek's house. He and his much-younger wife come over for dinner and instantly want the place. 7 lines, 2 scenes. Recurring.

-Neil's Wife - Filipina, pretty, and much younger than Neil, she is his enthusiastic and genuinely loving wife. He enjoys indulging her whims, and right now, she wants Carolyn and Palek's house. 3 lines, 2 scenes. Possible recurring.

-Terrence - In his 20's with a pothead vibe, he is Mason's boyfriend, who attends dinner at Carolyn's. 2 lines, 2 scenes. Recurring.

-Rose - Nick's feisty great-aunt, she's celebrating her 89th birthday. At the party, she gives Jamie advice on longer living, and tells her she's beautiful. 1 speech & 6 lines, 1 scene. Possible recurring.

-Marie - Nick's mother (45-50 yrs old), she is a bit plump but fighting it tooth and nail. She's thrilled to meet Jamie, and hopes Jamie will straighten her son out -- or at least encourage him to grow his hair out again. 1 speech & 4 lines, 1 scene. Recurring.

-Ron - This big, middle-aged man is Nick's uncle who is attending Rose's birthday party. He jokes around with Nick and Jamie and is dispatched to get more ice by Nick's mom, Marie. 4 lines, 1 scene. Possible recurring.

-Salesgirl - This eyeglass salesgirl convinces Carolyn that she looks great in her new frames. 9 lines, 1 scene.

-John - 70 years old and distinguished, he has an intense meeting with Dr. May over coffee. There is a lot of subtext to their conversation, ostensibly about a trip to Argentina, but really about their own relationship and their obvious past. 6 lines, 1 scene. Possible recurring.

-Doctor - This eye doctor is amazed and a bit disturbed that Carolyn has made it so long without glasses. 3 lines, 1 scene.

-Fairy - 20's, funky, this "Hair Fairies" worker combs the lice out of Dave's hair while his family waits their turn. 2 lines, 1 scene.

-Aunt 1 & Aunt 2 - Older, smoking. From another era. While playing cards at Rose's birthday party, these two aunts of Nick's compare Jamie to Nick's last girlfriend. 1 line, 1 scene and 1 line, 1 scene, respectively.

-Waitress - This coffee shop waitress asks May if she wants to order. 1 line, 1 scene.

-Middle-Aged Woman - This middle-aged woman is impressed with Carolyn and Palek's house. 1 line, 1 scene.

Last edited by Veronakat; 10-25-2006 at 04:01 PM
Old 10-26-2006, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

will be checking this out when it airs and it's HBO...

Old 10-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

Ally Walker played on a show called 'Profiler' a few years ago. Oh my almost ten years ago. Does this make me old?

Anyways, she also did some TV movies. Here's a pic of her:

She's basically the only older woman I can say I think is gorgeous without thinking (too) sexually of her.

On Profiler her name was Samantha and I ended up naming my pet after her.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Good. I think we all will check it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orton (View Post)
will be checking this out when it airs and it's HBO...
UH! That's right, thanks for that Nath. I totally remember now. I watched a few episodes of that show and wasn't bad. I just didn't know the name of the actress

Who else would you like to star in this new show?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome.

and I don't know, anyone will do for me. I've got Ian and Ally, I don't need more eyecandy
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

i thought Ian will be one of the main characters. but it's fine, a character can grow depending on how the audience response to him/her.

thanks! for the update susana