Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

LOST vs. SMALLVILLE...which is better ?

In the USA, LOST and SMALLVILLE air against each other on Wednesday nights at 8 PM. Which do you prefer to watch, considering both are great shows ? As an original SMALLVILLE fan from the first episode, I watch SMALLVILLE while it airs and tape LOST at the same time. Then when SMALLVILLE is over we watch LOST. I just can't give up either show as they are both so good. What do you guys do ? And why do you prefer one show over the other ?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

I prefer Smallville because I just can't not watch it. I only catch Lost when Ian's on. But my loyalties definitely lie with Ian, since I always end up d/l-ing Smallville afterward anyway.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 11-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

I watch Smallville (sometimes), but I record Lost so I can watch it later, without the commercials. Plus, my mom likes Lost, but she doesn't watch Smallville anymore.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

I am not in the US, but I'd definitely watch Lost, not just because of Ian but also because I was never a regular Smallville viewer...
Old 11-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

I'm not in the US either but I think I'd watch LOST and would taped SV

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen
I am not in the US, but I'd definitely watch Lost, not just because of Ian but also because I was never a regular Smallville viewer...
Old 11-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I've watched both shows from the first episode, but Lost is way ahead of SV in this house. The quality of SV has just been such crap since S2. I still watch it out of my undying love and adoration for Michael Rosenbaum (and all those shirtless!Clark scenes they've been throwing in to compensate for bad writing lately), but LOST is far and away a better show.

I have a sat dish, so I watch/tape Lost at 8, then catch SV at 9 from the midwest and then watch Lost again at 11 from the west coast feed. All in all, a very easy on the eyes night with pretty boys everywhere!
Old 11-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

And let's not forget all those pretty girls... Kristin Kreuk on Smallville and Evangeline Lilly and Maggie Grace on LOST.

Even though I agree with Mrs. Beck on her comments about SMALLVILLE's quality, the show has an amazingly appealing cast and there are occasional episodes (like this season's premiere) which reinforces everything I love about the program. But LOST is definitely more cerebral and thought-provoking....so I'm glad to be able to watch both.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
New Fan

Oh, God, Lost is so much better than Smallville in terms of production values, the consistency with which the characters are being handled, the quality of the acting (any show that has Kristin Kreuk on its cast immediately suffers in this category IMHO, bless her), the integrity of the writing, and pretty much every other aspect of what defines a high-quality television show.

I used to be a HUUUUUUUUGE Smallville fanatic. I am an admin at Kryptonsite and I still run Eric Johnson (Whitney Fordman)'s fan site. But I haven't watched the show regularly in years and don't ever intend to. It used to be campy fun, but camp requires a certain level of irreverence which the show no longer has, so now it's just awful.

No contest, Lost is in a totally different league.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBigSloppyBurrito
Oh, God, Lost is so much better than Smallville in terms of production values, the consistency with which the characters are being handled, the quality of the acting, the integrity of the writing, and pretty much every other aspect of what defines a high-quality television show.
No contest, Lost is in a totally different league.
Really agree on this one. Lost is so much better than SV. There are like no filler scenes. Everything that happens, happens for a reason. Each new episode answers a couple of your questions, but creates at least five new ones.

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

SMALLVILLE has been in repeats for a while now....I think they are going to have to move the show to a new timeslot in the USA if they expect any hope of getting it renewed for next season....LOST is turning into a behemoth that is rolling over everything in its path (and rightfully so !)
Old 01-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

I definitely prefer Lost. Never got into Smallville.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Lost, definetly.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

I've only seen one episode of Lost so far, but already it's looking a lot more coherent than Smallville. I watch Smallville for a laugh - it's glossy and melodramatic and fun. But Lost looks like it has the potential to be a really interesting (and more importantly intelligent) drama.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

LOST was in reruns the past 2 weeks in the USA and SMALLVILLE had 2 new episodes, so I watched the latter (I already have all the LOST episodes on videotape). SMALLVILLE has upped the sex quotient a lot in order to generate some excitement and ANY episode featuring "evil Clark" is a lot of fun. I still love the SMALLVILLE cast and hope they can keep the show going...but it's getting tough to come up with interesting plotlines (something LOST shouldn't have a problem with for a long time).
Old 03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Total Fan

Definately Lost. It's one of my favorite shows. I have never watched Smallville and I doubt that I ever will. I don't know why, but I'm just not into the idea of watching it. Lost is great. And I even enjoy watching the re-runs.