Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

one word. Nina. We always suspected its her idea to keep the wraps on.

He may be bad but he's perfectly good at it
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Ian Somerhalder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
it was me who posted that article a while back

Star Magazine
Oh thank you! & IA w/you I think Nina is the reason he doesn't talk about it anymore. We've heard that he's really protective of her so I think that's why.
Margot: Why?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

its possible that may be the reason
Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, Kate dated Orlando Bloom and Alex Skaarsgard, but I meant a fellow actor from Young Americans. They didn't last that much longer, but longer than the brief period she dated Ian.

As for why Ian is not open about his relationship with Nina? Same reason I imagine he wasn't open about his relationship with Kate or Maggie Grace. They were co-stars/fellow celebrities and "star" pairings get a LOT more attention (both positive and negative ... especially the latter) than do stars dating non-celebrities. He was pretty open when talking about Meghan too. It's just the celebrity relationships, he's more close-lipped about it. As someone who reads ONTD, it's understandable, the gossip is so much more prevalent -- and the ensuing interest -- when two celebrities date.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

true but he never denied his relationship before i don't think.. he may have not gone into details but he was open enough to say he has a GF or not?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferH (View Post)
Yes, Kate dated Orlando Bloom and Alex Skaarsgard, but I meant a fellow actor from Young Americans. They didn't last that much longer, but longer than the brief period she dated Ian.
So you're talking about Kate Moennig as opposed to Kate Bosworth. She should be in the OP too. Those looks they could give each other! I can melt in the spot!

Last edited by wickedrum; 09-02-2011 at 03:49 AM
Old 09-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ they never dated right? it was the other Kate?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The two Kates. Just at different times. Kate Moening while on YA, Kate Bosworth not till Rules of Attraction.

Last edited by wickedrum; 09-02-2011 at 04:01 AM
Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

are you sure? i just thought it was the one Kate (blone one)
Old 09-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

as much as anybody can be sure looking at celebrity dating websites? Which is not awful that much.

But what's their definition of dating anyway? Going out, spending some time with each other, enjoying physical closeness? Then probably. Anything more serious? Probably not.

Last edited by wickedrum; 09-02-2011 at 04:36 AM
Old 09-02-2011, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

i still dont know maybe one of the older members can confirm it
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

no problem, I'd like to hear other people's opinions too I fact I wouldn't mind the girlfriends themselves to come forward and tell us all about it!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislifeagain (View Post)
The main thing that I picked up was that Ian is aggressive when he likes someone. He admitted that he chased Sarah hard. I think i can see that parallel with Nina...since he openly flirted with her all the time. Interesting....Ian does seem like a playboy, but in the true sense of the word...a guy who just loves women a lot...falls in love easily. I am not an Ian expert though....

I would like to say that I've noticed maybe a more mature approach with Nina...maybe it's just his age now.
I kinda agree with you. I am not an expert either and probably is unfair to say Ian is this way or that way because we don´t know this guy it´s just a perception, but I have the same perception he is just a guy who knows how to treat a woman, charming and falls in love easily, well although I am not sure to use TO FALL IN LOVE because is such a big word, but I think that he is a guy who lives the moment, and if he finds someone that he likes he goes for it. Personally I run away from those guys .

About the more mature approach, hmm I see your point, if you look at Ian now and before, pictures, interviews I see him more mature, well age should give you that, having the ISF it´s a responsability but if we talk about his love life personally I don´t know.

I truly believe that he hasn´t found his woman, someone that he sees a future with her, marriage, children etc. He said in France that it´s really difficult to have a relationship in this business and I agree, a very mature thought but at the same time when you find the woman when you really fall in love with someone, that you don´t want to lose her you fight for her, there are actors in this business who are married, have children or have a committed relationship. I have friends who were in a relationship and said I live the moment, it´s not the right time to get married, they broke up with their girlfriend and they meet someone new and they got married..

Personally I must admit, although I don´t like to ship celebrities, I really like Ian and Nina, their chemistry (when we have the opportunity to see it), and that sexual chemistry, but I am a little bit lost with them, for me something is missing to say that that they have a serious relationship, personally I don´t think so. Who knows if they still have something going on . I must admit that although I am aware that it´s not our business, in a ver selfish way I would like to know the truth about what it is really going on between them.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hey there!

Although half of what your saying belongs to the Nian thread, I gotta agree with some of it. I love those two together, evidently, but I don't see Nina settling down just yet. She's too young, too involved with her career, too interested to experience the world and rightly so (regardless of how much I'd like it otherwise). Therefore Ian would either have to wait for her or find that family elsewhere.

You say he lives in the moment, and that's true too. When the moment comes when he feels he needs a family now, he will go for it, just as aggressively as with anything else.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Addicted Fan

No, not Kate Moening. Kate Bosworth. She dated Ian for a very short period. They decided they were better as friends. She then dated the guy she dated on the show for a longer period. I guess they didn't date that long either. I read it somewhere ages ago. He never dated Kate Moening (as far as I know).

As for denying, well, as far as I know, Ian's never actually denied dating Nina. The same way (as far as I know) he never denied dating Maggie Grace. He just never talked about. Like with Nina, he sidesteps the question, wiggles around it. He's never actually flat-out denied it. We just hear more side-stepping, etc., because he's actively in the spotlight now, whereas most of his relationship with Maggie was after Lost.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread