Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ian in Vampire Diaries General Episode discussion, spoilers and speculations thread 6

Welcome to the General Discussion of Ian's role in the Vampire Diaries and the show in general. Please feel free to leave comments, news, spoilers, and your opinions regarding the show

*We won't be having separate threads per episode, just one flowing thread, we'll just change the title every week

*spoiler tags are not necessary, however, please still be wary of the general spoilers rule when it comes to Male Celebrities Forum

Happy posting
Old 04-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

Old 04-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsofanangel (View Post)
They realised Damon is more popular than Steffy...something they can't let happen
its backfiring on them though people are not going to all of a sudden hate Damon and start loving Stefan..

they are going to start hating the show itself and stop watching

eta:

YW Nia!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley486 (View Post)
he was just fine at the end of s1 and half of s2 but 2x12 and onwards
Well, he was even fine for me until now, in 2x18 I even thought we were finally getting our real, mysterious, handsome Damon back and now I don't understand why they want to take a step back instead of making their story move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsofanangel (View Post)
They realised Damon is more popular than Steffy...something they can't let happen
Yeah... True it's such a shame that everyone likes an interesting character like Damon and not a boring character like Stefan, so lets just make him horrible so that everyone appreciates Stefan more
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

advance review

Quote:
If you're a die-hard TVD fan you've probably read by now that Damon makes a tough decision that might haunt him as we go into the season's final episodes. The difference in approach between Damon and Stefan is yet another thing that makes this show worth watching.

Finally, this episode brings forth some alliances and moments that we thought we'd never see. Alaric and Damon working together? And wait until you see who... wait, I think I've said enough.

Oh wait. No I haven't said enough. One MORE thing: There's more than one "I-did-not-see-that-coming" moment tonight. That's probably to be expected from TVD, but just be warned. What you think will happen, is probably not what is going to happen. I credit the Vampire Diaries writing team with keeping it real and having the ability to surprise us constantly.
Advance Review: The Vampire Diaries “The Last Day” | KSiteTV
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Uhh... Wait and see is probably the best thing to say in this situation, I'm not really waiting for anything *good* for the moment
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Finally something to look forward to! "Team bad ass" is back! I looooove the Damon/Alaric bromance

Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley486 (View Post)
its backfiring on them though people are not going to all of a sudden hate Damon and start loving Stefan..

they are going to start hating the show itself and stop watching
g:
It's simply as that! We can see it in the Ratings as well...they are so bad lately! Wonder why?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niadk (View Post)
Finally something to look forward to! "Team bad ass" is back! I looooove the Damon/Alaric bromance
one thing to look forward too.. at least Damon has at least ONE person on his side

^ yup and its not just because of AI either... A LOT of people have said s2 in general doesn't match up to s1
Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

I dont know why but I never get that. I really do think network, writers and execs know that Damon carries a lot on the show. Ian Somerhalder is irreplacable. I really do think it shows in their writing. I do think they are writing for everyone else too. And sometimes while moving stories along Damon's stories get stalled a little. I do feel that they ahve developed this character the most and written him as the one to root for. The underdog to win.

Stefan while great, is no where compare to damon and replacable.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
One thing that the producers said when they were casting the role was that they were looking for someone with the ability to out-Damon Damon. In tonight's episode, we see you interact with Ian Somerhalder as Damon for the first time. How did you approach those scenes?

Ian Somerhalder does something very specific on the show that he's very good at, and I don't think anyone could imitate him. I certainly didn't want to imitate him on the show to out-do him; I didn't think that was the way to approach it. So I thought, because he's very expressive with his eyes and he's very sarcastic, I thought that the way to go up against Ian Somerhalder in a scene, is to play with stillness. I wanted to undercut him and to intimidate Damon with how comfortable Klaus was being there, and to get into his personal space. Rather than try to outdo him at his own game, I felt I had to bring my own game to the table, and make him play on my terms.
'The Vampire Diaries' Joseph Morgan on Klaus and Damon: 'I had to make him play on my terms' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
Old 04-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait. Thanks Ashley because I think this show is so much better when everyone performs 100%. It makes for better viewing. A lot of similarities has been said about Klaus and Damon although I personally think the admiration between Damon and Elijah is what makes for their both awesomeness.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for that Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasha233 (View Post)
I dont know why but I never get that. I really do think network, writers and execs know that Damon carries a lot on the show. Ian Somerhalder is irreplacable. I really do think it shows in their writing. I do think they are writing for everyone else too. And sometimes while moving stories along Damon's stories get stalled a little. I do feel that they ahve developed this character the most and written him as the one to root for. The underdog to win.

Stefan while great, is no where compare to damon and replacable.
He is the star of this show! Many people watch it cause of Ian! He has the largest Fanbase! Destroying Damons character pissed many off...the ratings are going down!

ღ Ian Somerhalder ღ
Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mandy* (View Post)
He is the star of this show! Many people watch it cause of Ian! He has the largest Fanbase! Destroying Damons character pissed many off...the ratings are going down!
I am certainly one of those people

Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

they showed a new scene on mtv and damn it..

Damon really fu-ks up