Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

yes I dont think she will be that mad ! specially now that he got injected

Old 02-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like your optimism, guys!

I think that hug is my favorite scene from this season.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also wonder who'll first switch back to normal. Will Damon get his humanity back first or will Elena get her body back first? Whoever is "cured" first will certainly help the other.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Writers trying to make us hate or give up on DE is making me want them together even more than usual
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

WOW die die die b*tch !!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane (View Post)
WOW die die die b*tch !!!!!!!
^^ This EXACTLY!!!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
Old 02-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why is she always breaking Damon's heart?! DIE!!

Quote:
I also wonder who'll first switch back to normal. Will Damon get his humanity back first or will Elena get her body back first? Whoever is "cured" first will certainly help the other.
Hard to say what's gonna happen first, I truly have no idea.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it's hard to say who will be cured first. I kinda hope Elena gets her body back first so that she can then tell Damon that she doesn't think he's a monster etc. Then we can have her working to save him from the injection. B/c if Katherine's still around when Damon's ripping into other vampires I'm gonna be rooting for him to rip her head off
Old 02-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

yes i was him to rip some heads off in MF starting with Caroline then Katherine but he cant because its Elena's body ...oh well ..

I really hope Elena gets her body back again and save Damon ! i wanted this SL a long time ago ! but with our luck it will never happen

Old 02-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on to memories (View Post)
That's exactly it. Stef was a first class d-bag in season 3 and he was forgiven right away (actually I think it ended with Elena apologizing to him for kissing Damon!!). In season 1 he lied about Katherine, but Elena forgot about it one episode later.

That's not the case with Damon. After he snapped Jer's neck and force fed Elena his blood, he had to fight for her forgiveness and trust.

This time probably won't be any different.
But the thing is, when Damon do bad things, he just do them to bad. And he CAN control it.
We all know Stefan can't , he goes crazy on human blood. And also, the dick he was in season 3 was not his fault. Klaus compelled him to turn of his humanity, and he first joined Klaus to save his brother.

I love Damon and DE, but it's not strange that Elena forgave Stefan more easily than Damon.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Actually, Stefan seemed pretty in control of himself and his blood lust when he was in MF terrorizing Elena for the sake of taking revenge on Klaus. When Stefan is uncontrollably tearing people apart and killing a whole village of people, that's him being the "ripper", where he is acting like a mindless beast... But Stefan who was making careful plans on how to take Klaus down, threatening to turn Elena, who could care less about Jeremy etc. was simply "bad Stefan" on a vengeance quest. So I don't think Stefan gets to have a "pass" on all his bad actions just because he also happens to be "ripper".

That is one of the problems actually, that whatever he does gets shrugged off as if it was done by someone completely different (like Stefan turns into some other person when he is bad Stefan who has nothing to do with Stefan) and no one even mentions it or gives him the cold shoulder for it (I think Jeremy did for a few epis but that's about it), but when Damon does something bad, it is all about how he is bad at his "core", like something is just bad about him, humanity or no humanity.

Fact is vampires, when they have their humanity off, will do horrible things. (Stefan's ripper thing takes it one step further, where he risks turning into a mindless beast at times). And when they have their humanity on, they need to fight their "bad" impulses all the time and also suffer from their personality faults (at a heightened level). It is the same for all of them.

I think one factor why Elena forgave Stefan so easily was her own feelings of guilt, btw. I think she was feeling guilty for having feelings for Damon and thinking at some level she wronged Stefan... And I'd say she is more forgiving of things done to her than for things done to those she cares about, especially Jeremy.

Anyway, back to the thread's subject, Elena and Damon. I am curious as to how she'll react now. It can actually go various ways. She can blame Damon totally and break things of, she can put some blame on Damon and there might be some minor problems between them, or she can put all the blame entirely on Katherine and see Damon as a victim, too , etc...

I am really hoping for the last one, but I have learned to be distrustful.

That is not to say Damon's actions should be shrugged off, btw. I just don't want "others" (especially Elena) to put all the blame on him and distance themselves from him. Rather, I'd like them to be supportive and understanding and have it be Damon who is frustrated with himself (but not to the point of self-hatred and pity!) and showing determination to do better and have more control in the future. I want him to grow from all this and become stronger, for himself. Assuming the writers are actually interested in a growth story and will let him have one.
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know the writers are stupid, but are they really THAT stupid? I agree, if I was an SE fan I'd hate the past 2 years. But they get tons of crap to blame Elena on (vampire, SB, changes, etc.) Why, as Julie tweets, couldn't DE happen organically? They screwed it up and made it so completely twisted you can't help but know it is purposeful, to shake the fandom and make SE the OTP and epic love again.

But they walk that line of losing a huge fanbase, is what I feel. I don't think they want DE. I mean, their whole relationship was basically based off of producers crowing about their amazing summer, a few kissing scenes and then verbiage stating the same. All before Stefan was, again, front and center and no chemistry, affection or character/relationship progression was ever shown. People might claim the lack of it (for those of us that see it) is b/c Nian broke up. I don't believe it. I believe it is purposeful on the direction they want this series to go.

I don't want that to be true and I hope I'm completely wrong in my assessment, that this isn't the end of DE or Damon's journey and that Elena and him are together soon and that Elena fights for him and he gets redemption. But the complete 180 in such a short time and how they made DE as a couple (when popping with chemistry, that doesn't go away unless told so, regardless of dating or not--they still get along), makes me queasy and just sad on how the writers/producers decided to give both relationships a "fair shake." KMA. Nobody is happy with the storyline or writing and if the writers were truly accomplished and not shtty, they would make storylines where NO ships were pissed off. Funny, they know it is a show based on ships, yet they've never managed to even please one ship because they screw them all up. Sorry, end of rant.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^My favorite DE hug.