Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Poor bbs...
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still can't believe they thought it would be okay to banish their main female lead character. Like wtf I hope this story line is done soon & Katherine dies
Old 02-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

yes i really hope they wont drag this SL more than that ...

Old 02-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
Damon doesn't want to live according to other people's expectations, and wants to keep them low, because that means he avoids being constantly told he hasn't met them and failed etc. etc. and he is also not someone who likes living his life according to "rules" people impose on others, IMO. Basically he doesn't need or wish to be identified as "good" and "proper" by others, so doesn't need to program his whole life around impressing others and getting their appreciation and confirmation that he is, indeed, good. That is not the same as him not having good in him or not being able to be good or not wanting to be good for himself.

What Damon needs and seeks in his life is "love", to have someone who'll love him and accept him as who he is at his core and will stand by him. That doesn't mean he needs someone who'll agree with everything he does, there is a difference between disagreeing/arguing someone and making them feel like a total let down/inferior. It's the judgemental crap he can't take... Elena is a "good influence" on him because she has caused his walls to go down (the ones he built to avoid being hurt further/more) and allows him to be the best version of himself - he is still very much himself as "good" Damon. And frankly I don't need him to all good and noble and righteous and have him show extreme love and understanding to every single soul that comes his way and being very nice to everyone etc. etc. It is boring and often feels fake. I like him having a certain edge and snark (none of which make him bad, IMO, especially given the supernatural world they live in & the constant threats they are under and how it must be best not to be too friendly and accepting of strangers from the get-go). You want Damon to treat you right? Well, treat him right and just don't piss him off (and don't be a total idiot). It is rather easy IMO!
You understand the character SO well

I love that about Damon stans. They truly get him instead of calling him abusive or whatever.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I still can't believe they thought it would be okay to banish their main female lead character. Like wtf I hope this story line is done soon & Katherine dies
I agree. I don't agree with what Elena does sometimes but she is an integral part of the show and it doesn't feel right without her. I hope this storyline does not continue for more than a couple of episodes.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, thank you Ann.

I think the writers think, as long as Nina still has the main part, it is Ok to remove Elena and insert Katherine in... Well, NO! The MAIN CHARACTER is Elena, not Katherine. So they better not waste much time on this plot and bring Elena back ASAP!
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-05-2014, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nira18 (View Post)

awwww the morning after

Old 02-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
Aww, thank you Ann.

I think the writers think, as long as Nina still has the main part, it is Ok to remove Elena and insert Katherine in... Well, NO! The MAIN CHARACTER is Elena, not Katherine. So they better not waste much time on this plot and bring Elena back ASAP!
Exactly. Elena most likely won't be in tomorrow's episode, possibly won't be there when the show is back. WTF! She's the lead character.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm conflicted about the Katherine thing. I would of liked to see the writers redeem her character and perhaps still live. But, now the only way for Katherine as a character to be redeemed is by dying and resolving the damage she has inflicted on Damon and Elena. I was honestly disappointed to see Katherine body snatch Elena after Elena forgave her in her final hours.

I definitely think it's not right to banish the main character. Even when they had Stefan at the bottom of a lake he was getting those boring drowning scenes and hallucinations.

It's going to suck if Elena comes back and Damon's still on his downward spiral. Really hoping that Damon finds out about the body snatching and dumps Enzo to help Elena. But, that's all wishful thinking...
Old 02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd actually prefer it if Elena did come back while Damon was spiraling so she could be the one to save him. I'd like her to fight for him like he did when she was out of control last season.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Katherine had a chance for redemption but she hasn't changed she's the same selfish person she's always been. They've wasted enough screentime on her and it's time to let the character go.

Quote:
It's going to suck if Elena comes back and Damon's still on his downward spiral. Really hoping that Damon finds out about the body snatching and dumps Enzo to help Elena. But, that's all wishful thinking...
With you on this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anytime the writers find themselves loving a side character, they go overboard with sls for those characters and damage the show & those characters imo. They did it with the Originals and they are doing it now with Katherine. The more "Katherine" we had, the less "cool" she seemed to be and I liked her less and now it is just plain boring. I hate the word doppelganger. I DESPISE any and all scenes where Katherine pretends to be Elena blah blah because they overdid all of those and NOW as if all that wasn't enough we have Katherine possessing Elena. The first "doppelganger shenanigan" may have been different and interesting and fun, by now it is plain frustrating and repetitive and uggghhhhh..

anyway, as long as DE emerge from this stronger and having a better understanding of one another and this whole stupid ordeal is not some way to lead to a more permanent break-up for them
Love crime

LOGH
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

He's such a fanboy.

Quote:
Joshua Butler ‏@TheJoshuaButler ·
“@PerfectShips: Elena and Damon pic.twitter.com/Z7V0nMHthO”

#TVD #DirectorPride
Old 02-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

I really hope this SL doesn't last long. I don't think it's cool to banish Elena from the show. She's the main character for fcks sake! I want Katherine dead already, she served her purpose.
Damon & Elena