Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon Salvatore {VD} #19: Because he can also be a true gentleman and a true hero!

Welcome to the 19th Damon Salvatore appreciation thread

by Shnicky

Ian Somerhalder, who played Boone on ABC's hit "Lost," has joined the cast of the CW's drama pilot "Vampire Diaries."
Somerhalder is set to play Damon, a smug vampire who can go from playful to evil in a split second.

Thesp's credits also include "Tell Me You Love Me."

Also joining the cast are Zach Roerig ("Friday Night ..Lights.."), who will play the jock Matt, and Kayla Ewell ("Entourage"), who will play Matt's sister.

Previously announced cast includes Nina Dobrev and Steven R. McQueen.

"Vampire Diaries," based on a series of books from Alloy Entertainment, centers on a woman who falls for two vampire brothers - one good and one evil.

Warner Bros. TV is behind the project, along with Alloy and Outerbanks Ent.

by Weena

by ElizaSparrow

~Supporters ~
1. Nightwish
2. DefineDelicate
3. Gila
4. - Nina -
5. weena
6. Deiaa
7. sapphire red
8. B&Bfan4life
9. Shnicky
10. Mrs. Somerhalder
11. chasing starlight
12. makry
13. Ellie Cameron
14. ElizaSparrow
15. Heddan
16. greeneyeswe3tie
17. Irthes
18. CappieTauLove
19) ryllsome
20) irish_eyes
21) xJULESx
22) naturellebella
23)then you must kiss me
24) Icey_
25.) irish_eyes
26.) Ophelia_Grace
27.) loveslullaby
28.) CreativeChristy
29.) Pan
30.) taylorjoie
31.) B. Chambers
32.) myys_PL
33.) *Lori89*
34.) chadfreak
35.) bella-grey
36.) TheSweetestSmile
37.) ~Endless Summer~
38.) michelle1
39.) claudypritz
40.) TLA=Leyton
41.) Eloise590!
42.) Liz01
43) Pauline<3
44.) Shari79
45) TLA=Leyton
46) Alexa
47) quin611
48) therunaway93
49) Natesgal55
50) tatibsblp
51) Schumiac
52) Silvermoon1
53) TLA=Leyton
54) LondonTown89
55) ChArLoTtE_r
56) Oh-Ian
57) CarterT
58) Vikinggirl
59) L i N d $ @ y
60) paulaE
61) Moonray13
62) xobrwneyedgrl93
63) xkellyx
64) claire_bear2007
65) Inevitableღ
66) jules!
67) Khallaea
68) Ashley486
69) helps
70) ~tammy~
71) xxJennyxx
72) {Melody}
73) Airdrie
74) AbsyntheMinded
75) wickedrum
76) ~ Fire & Ice ~
77) tragedy
78) heartless soul
79) LittleDevotional
80) Delena_support
81) diaryofdelena

~ Sites ~
Vampire Diaries on Myspace
Damon Salvatore's Fanlisting Site

title suggestions next thread :
Because sibling rivalry never looked sexier.
Because he's the hottest vampire on the show.
Because he can awaken things inside of you.
Because he's our personal savior.
Because he's hot and dangerous!
Because he's all for sharing.
Because we're all in a frenzy of agreement when it comes to Damon.

~QUOTES FROM THE BOOKS~

GIUSEPPE; What do you mean, you're not going back(to university)?
DAMON; I would have thought even you could understand such a simple sentence, father. Shall I repeat it in Latin for you?
GIUSEPPE; You are telling me that I... will have to face my friends knowing my son is a... an idler?
DAMON; Apparently. If you can call those who fawn on you in the hopes that you will lend them money your friends.

(mocking Stefan on the subject of Elena)
DAMON; I only did it because I wanted to be close to you. Brothers should be close.

(throwing a tree out of a forest in a wild display of power)
Damon; I didn't like it there anyway.

(with Elena)
ELENA; Where's Stefan?
DAMON; Stefan who?

DAMON; I can waken things inside you that have been sleeping all your life

DAMON; The name is Salvatore. As in savior

(to Elena)
DAMON; Do you know... that a mole on the neck means you'll be wealthy? Do you mind if I check?
STEFAN; I mind.
DAMON; But do you matter?

(on the subject of himself)
DAMON; I'm the most dangerous thing you're ever likely to encounter in your life.

(on the subject of Elena giving in to him)
ELENA; I'd rather cut my throat.
DAMON; An intriguing thought. But I can do it so much more enjoyably.

(after inviting himself to dinner at Elena's)
ELENA; Go. Or I'll tell them you're the killer.
DAMON; Don't you think a guest deserves a little more consideration?

(seeing Elena and Stefan's reunion)
DAMON; Very touching. Do you want me to imitate a violin?

ELENA; I can't go down there. They think I'm dead!
DAMON; Oh, you've remembered that. Good for you.

DAMON; Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn about anyone else

(on and to Elena)
DAMON; I told Stefan from the beginning that he was selfish not to share you. Brothers should share things, you know.

(making a pact)
STEFAN; I agree.
DAMON; And I agree. In fact, we all seem to be in a frenzy of pure agreement.

(denying the attack of Vickie Bennett)

ELENA; The cemetery, remember? The ruined church? The girl you left wandering around there in her slip?
DAMON; Sorry, no. And I usually do remember girls I leave wandering in their slips.

DAMON; Our sweet little white kitten, I should have known

(on the subject of joining Katherine)
KATHERINE; I didn't mean to hurt you... I'm sorry.
DAMON; Katherine?
KATHERINE; Yes?
DAMON; Katherine...
KATHERINE; Yes, Damon?
DAMON; Go to hell.

STEFAN; Do you want to get caught, Damon?
DAMON; I am never caught, little brother.

STEFAN; What are you going to do when they come after you?... Kill them all?...
DAMON; Why not?

DAMON; A visit to yet another pretty girl? I wouldn't miss it

(when Klaus is about to kill Stefan)
DAMON; Get away from my brother. Before I tear your heart out.
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Ashley486; 01-14-2012 at 11:08 AM
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are welcome!

Good combo of crazy eyes & vamp eyes!
Love crime

LOGH
Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

5 more hours!!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

1 hour and 15 minutes left !!! ahhh !I'm bouncing off walls right now
Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Ultimate BAMF forever! POW!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

yep mindfreeze !!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

need to find some gifs
Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt !!!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Damon was perfection in last nights episode The scene with Jer broke my heart and DELENA kiss...PERFECT

ღ Ian Somerhalder ღ
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

protective Damon

Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! I love his protective stance

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon, in general, was AMAZING this episode. One of the best moments ever for him has to be how he decided to go into the Witches' House to get the truth out of Stefan despite the fact Stefan had the witches helping him by making Damon's ring not work. He was just so angry and hurt with Stefan for his betrayal and his actions in this episode, of course Damon would be willing to take some sun burn (the mandatory "have Damon hurt every episode" bit!) till he got him outside and away from the "witches help" to make him talk. I do like the "make me deal with my brother" line. Like Klaus also noted, if anyone is going to find Stefan or manage to talk him into anything, it is Damon, who knows him better than anyone else and I think does have some influence on him as the "older" brother.

I am totally fine with Damon not being all "I'm so grateful Stefan saved my life" when he found out about it. When he told Stefan to stop saving him, I was reminded of the time when they were human and transitioning and Damon wanted to die and Stefan "saved" him by forcing him to turn for he just didn't want to be alone and couldn't stand his brother dying. 150 years later it is still the same. Damon is willing to die (be it to ensure Elena's safety or prefering a quick death over a long one a werewolf bite would bring) but Stefan just can't have it. It is not something they'll ever "agree" on I think as Damon has his own priorities and Stefan his own. But I can understand why Damon can feel both that he owes his brother and also not be particularly happy about what Stefan did. As it wasn't his (Damon's) choice. And he just heard Stefan talk about how he doesn't care if Jeremy dies as long as he gets his revenge on Klaus and his brother DID just set Klaus on all of them and have all their lives at risk so really, I think it makes Damon care less about the fact he saved his life and makes him still angry at Stefan. For his brother may have saved his life, but he is messing all their lives up now.

I think Stefan's recent actions and conversations with both Elena and Damon, made Damon realize his brother right now is not thinking rationally and doesn't care about anyone and so there is a need for someone to watch over his moves and make sure the damage to others in the Stefan vs Klaus wars is minimal. I think at some level, Stefan is also aware he needs Damon's help in all of this and can't do it alone, he is in over his head which is why he was willing to accept his offer to help. I am not sure how much Damon'll be able to succeed in doing damage control but he has to at least try. He probably also likes having his brother "back" somehow, and teaming up with him.

Damon/Alaric remains one of the best relationships in this series. It makes me so happy to see him at the bar together even if Alaric was there for "family business" and Damon worrying over Alaric and saving his life -even if off-screen- with his blood was so amazing.

Speaking of that, I do love the bar scene as a whole. Damon still gets drunk when he is hurting and angry (I think it helps dull the emotions for the vampires some, as we know drink helps with the hunger/blood lust) but now he is not doing it in Salvatore House all alone, no, he is in public, with his "buddy". And he is trying to control his alcohol intake, telling Alaric he needs to help him with the drinks for if he drinks it all someone is getting naked (and Damon really gets the best lines!). And all he does is partake in some harmless game of darts on his own. Which was such a beautiful scene as it is a call-back to the time Damon played darts with Stefan (even if it was a means for Stefan to get information out of him) and here he is talking to Elena about how at least Jeremy has Elena with the underlying meaning being Damon doesn't even have that, as (he thought) Stefan was lost to him forever. I love when TVD pays attention to detail like this and is so subtle. The whole scene showed us how much Damon was missing Stefan but also Damon's growth.

I also loved him in Jeremy compulsion scene. Love how sad Damon seemed to be in all of it and how gentle he was, it was as if he was an older brother talking to Jeremy. The whole scene was great. you get a sense that Damon/Elena/Alaric are their own special team and you also get a sense of "family" as the concerned adults told the teenager a decision they had to take for his own good...

And also the bickering with Klaus. I do believe Klaus would kill Damon on the spot, if he could, if not for anything, for his jealousy of the Damon/Stefan relationship. I also think Klaus has a love/hate relationship to the fact Damon is not intimidated by him and answers him back and doesn't mind being all snarky with him. I think on some level he appreciates the bravery and even finds Damon's humor funny but at the same time hates the attitute, too. Weird enough, they do have a number of common points, and could have some great conversations. Klaus could have had a great friend in Damon, IMO, someone who "got" him if it wasn't for the fact he hurt the people Damon loves the most so Damon hates his guts and wants nothing to do with him.

ETA: I can totally see how all the running around into walls and fighting ended up making Ian's knee injury even worse and you could clearly see him limping right after the scene where he staked Stefan as he was "leaving". But other than that, I must say, they did a good job of "hiding" it. And that limp, one could easily see as Damon having a "momentary" leg injury.

ETA2: I how he always stands between Elena and a threat, no matter how "dangerous" that threat is. They'll have to go through him first!
Love crime

LOGH
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Asena perfect post