Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Law & Order on DVD

In the News thread, Sway4829 was talking about the L&O DVDs and I figured it would be a good idea to have a seperate thread to discuss them

For some reason instead of releasing the seasons in order, for all three shows they have released the most recent season shown on TV.

So far here are all the L&O DVDs that have been released (or will be released in the next few days.

Law & Order

Season 1
Season 2
Season 14

SVU

The Pilot Episode
Season 1
Season 5

CI

The Pilot Episode
Season 1
Season 3

~~~~

Does anyone have these DVDs? How were they? If not, do you plan to get them? In noticed while finding those links, that extras on these DVDs are virtually nonexistent.

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Old 09-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread, Carrie.

I, personally, find it very strange that they're not going in chronological order when they're releasing the DVDs, but whatever. I can see how they think viewers might want the most recent seasons - especially with the original because the early seasons had different main actors and people want to see the actors they're used to seeing now - but it's still kind of wierd.

The only DVD set I have is the first season of CI. The DVDs aren't as expensive compared to other TV box sets, but I still can't bring myself to spend $60 on them right now. I believe the only bonus feature was a ten or fifteen minute interview with Dick Wolf and Rene Balcer, along with the cast. It was interesting, but I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't more to it.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

No problemo.

Yeah I agree, it really is strange the way they're releasing these DVDs. Wow, only one extra? That's depressing.

I could understand though, that for the earlier seasons of the Original there may or may not be a lot of "behind the scenes" footage, but more interview or something would be better than nothing.

You should check out www.deepdiscountdvd.com because they have prices for all DVDs way lower than anyone. I've never personally used them, but everyone I talk to says they're great. And they never charge for standard shipping.

After a quick search over there it looks like all of the Seasons of all the L&O are going for $38.99 each.

Then we shall be free
Old 09-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Banned

I'd like to get SVU on DVD because it's my fav. L&O. However right now I have no money in my pockets. I'm still trying to get the fourth season of the Sopranos. I only watch that show through the DVD releases. I can't order anything from online either. So until I get some income, I'm stuck.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Total Fan

Here are the list of "features" for the seasons that have been/shortly will be released (courtesy of bn.com):
Quote:
L&O – the 1st year
Features: The creation of Law & Order; Preview of the new Law & Order (this set of DVDs was released 10/15/2002, what "new Law & Order" are they previewing? Criminal Intent?)

L&O – the 2nd year
Features: "The Cast: The Early Years": Brand-new behind-the-scenes interviews with eight of the stars from the first six seasons of the show, including Chris Noth, Paul Sorvino, & Jerry Orbach; discussions range from the creation of the show to casting the characters, creating the pilot, and working in the Big Apple.

L&O – the 14th year
Features: Profile: Jesse L. Martin; Profile: Fred Dalton Thompson; Set tour with Jerry Orbach; Interview with Park Dietz; Profiles teaser.

SVU – The 1st year
Features: Special victims unit: The beginning; Dann Florek's squad room walk-through.

SVU – the 5th year
Features: Police Sketch: Ice-T; Police Sketch: B.D. Wong; Police Sketch: Dann Florek; AVU alumni (what is AVU alumni? Maybe they meant SVU alumni.)

CI – the 1st year
Features: Criminal Intent: The Beginning

CI – the 3rd year
Features: Set tour with executive producer Fred Berner and Kathryn Erbe; Criminal Intent: The Private Eye; Who Is Robert Goren?; Profile: Courtney B. Vance; Profile: Jamey Sheridan.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone know why they are not releasing the seasons in chronological order? It is very strange!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Hi Hydroflaven. I'm not sure why they chose to release them out of order, but I agree that it is strange.

Thanks for the list of features, dukesmom. I'm glad it seems like they've added a few more special features. It looks like the first season releases of all three only had one feature.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Aside from just wanting more money I can't see why they'd wanna release the Pilot eps individually. It makes no sense, so I guess more money would be the only reason.

Then we shall be free