Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Total Fan

L&O: "The Dead Wives Club" (9/22) Episode Discussion

This is the second episode to air tonight (immediately following "Paradigm", the season premiere).

The Dead Wives Club (10PM EDT)
FERRY COLLISION PROVIDES COVER FOR VENGEFUL MURDER OF 9/11 WIDOW -- When a woman is found dead after a ferry collides with a Manhattan dock, Detectives Fontana (Dennis Farina) and Green (Jesse L. Martin) become suspicious when they learn that the victim sustained a blow to the head and was seen in the water just before the accident -- and the likely suspect is the ex-wife of a firefighter who left her to marry a rich "9/11" widow. But A.D.A. McCoy (Sam Waterston) soon learns that the defendant's crafty lawyer intends to position her as a victim of post-traumatic stress syndrome owing to 9/11, meaning that McCoy has to overcome extreme emotions common to every New Yorker. Elisabeth Rohm, S. Epatha Merkerson and Fred Thompson also star. TV-14
Old 09-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

I acutally liked this episode. It was fresh but I thought that it was going the easy route when they had the ex-wife be the killer.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 09-23-2004, 06:52 PM
MST Manager

Yeah, it was good.

I was just so glad there was finally new L&O to watch.

But, Serena still needs to go.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I thought that it was going the easy route when they had the ex-wife be the killer.
Yeah, I thought that was a little easy too. Her defense was bull. I mean, using that post tramatic stress to try and beat a murder charge. Thats just wrong. It underminds the real people who had pts after 9/11.

Quote:
But, Serena still needs to go
She'll be gone soon. I don't her much that much cause she looks good but as a character she has little depth.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:19 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
She'll be gone soon.
Yeah, I know.

Nothing against the actress, but I just don't think she ever fit in good with McCoy and the show.

I guess I just miss Kincaid. *sniff*
Old 09-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I didn't see this episode. I watched most of the first episode, and then taped the second, and for some reason my VCR tapes the sound on NBC all wonky. Anybody know if it's going to re-air anytime soon?
Old 09-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

I missed this ep too, ugh.

I did a check on Yahoo TV and was pleased to find that this ep is repeating on Saturday October 2nd, 9pm on NBC.

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Old 09-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Ooh, thanks for the info, Carrie. I'll have to try and catch it then.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought that Amy Carlson, who guest starred in this episode, did a great job. Her hair was dyed brown. She played her part pretty well.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Total Fan

I don’t mind that the ex-wife was the guilty party. It’s kind of refreshing not to have a bizarre twist once in a while. As for her defense, while I agree it was merely a tactic to get her acquitted, I disagree it undermines the real people who suffered post-traumatic stress as a result of 9/11. I think it shows that more people were affected than those who were at ground zero. Collette (and real spouses and family members of emergency workers, anyone working in the WTC and Pentagon, or passengers on the airplanes) has definitely experienced, and is still experiencing, tremendous amounts of stress directly and indirectly from the attacks on 9/11. While it doesn’t justify her actions, I believe it should be considered when her sentence is determined.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert L. Watson
I thought that Amy Carlson, who guest starred in this episode, did a great job. Her hair was dyed brown. She played her part pretty well.
Yeah, she did.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Total Fan

According to nbc.com, this episode is repeating tonight.