Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2018, 06:58 PM
Mutant and Proud

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I'm guessing this will be over 2 hours or so.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 01-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

That guy looks like a pissed off version of Ewan McGregor.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
That guy looks like a pissed off version of Ewan McGregor.
You're right. And I admit that Brando doesn't age will with time, so I kind of agree.

Well that's intriguing! I hope Red Sparrow is just that good, and to be honest I'm really not that thrilled about a Black Widow movie. Scarlett Johansson has pissed me off too much lately.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

I'm thrilled about the Black Widow movie. I've been waitiing for one for ages.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Some were anti Scarlett casted in Ghost of a Shell, because she isn't Asian.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

I didn't see that film.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Mutant and Proud

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

The two are nothing a like.

Visiting a school in Ohio.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

The two what are nothing alike?
Old 01-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Red Sparrow and Black Widow

They have the role of seduction, which looks similar, but in the end they have their own narrative. Black Widow's path before she became an Avenger.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Seduction is overdone in films. Rather tired theme.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
Some were anti Scarlett casted in Ghost of a Shell, because she isn't Asian.
That's my point. I think Scarlett is a hypocrite. She did Ghost In In The Shell(not of a Shell), which is based on Japanese animation, yet her character in the animated movie is clearly Japanese, which is inappropriate for her to play. She wears a #MeToo pin, but won't hold Woody Allen accountable because he's her director. And Black Widow was never that important. The Wasp, as a founding Avenger, is a more important Avengers character, but Janet Van Dyne got marginalized in the MCU and cut out of her own story because of one overrated British director. She-Hulk has been in the Avengers far longer than The Hulk, but legal bull with Universal, who owns The Hulk, complicates things. Tigra and Captain Marvel are also more prominent female Avengers, so I honestly don't know why Black Widow is so prominent in the MCU, except maybe because she's more convenient. She doesn't require much in the way of CGI, and having no powers she's certainly diminished compared to her male teammates.

So that's why I'm more interested in Jen in Red Sparrow than some Black Widow movie. And as I said, I'd have made an Agents of SHIELD movie for Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury, which would've been a better idea than that TV show.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's my point. I think Scarlett is a hypocrite. She did Ghost In In The Shell(not of a Shell), which is based on Japanese animation, yet her character in the animated movie is clearly Japanese, which is inappropriate for her to play. She wears a #MeToo pin, but won't hold Woody Allen accountable because he's her director. And Black Widow was never that important. The Wasp, as a founding Avenger, is a more important Avengers character, but Janet Van Dyne got marginalized in the MCU and cut out of her own story because of one overrated British director. She-Hulk has been in the Avengers far longer than The Hulk, but legal bull with Universal, who owns The Hulk, complicates things. Tigra and Captain Marvel are also more prominent female Avengers, so I honestly don't know why Black Widow is so prominent in the MCU, except maybe because she's more convenient. She doesn't require much in the way of CGI, and having no powers she's certainly diminished compared to her male teammates.

So that's why I'm more interested in Jen in Red Sparrow than some Black Widow movie. And as I said, I'd have made an Agents of SHIELD movie for Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury, which would've been a better idea than that TV show.
Except Scarlett Johansson gives one of the best performances in the MCU, making the Black Widow one of the MCU's best characters. I'm seeing the Black Widow movie. I have no intention of going anywhere near Red Sparrow.

Last edited by sum1; 01-26-2018 at 05:31 PM
Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

I am definitely going to see both movies. I don't dislike Scarlett Johansson, but I kind of agree with Alex.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I think Widow is overrated in the MCU. Like I said, those other female characters I mentioned all belong in the Avengers movies a lot more than she does. I'll go see Red Sparrow for Jen, but I don't see Black Widow as anything more than a vehicle for Scarlett Johansson.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

Whether or not other female Avengers have more reason to be in the MCU than Black Widow doesn't change the fact that Scarlett has delivered a series of excelllent performancs in the MCU movies and raised the quality of the films by doing so. And it's not like Black Widow was the Avengers' butler (that was Jarvis), she was their LEADER for quite some time in the '90s.