Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I couldn't agree more, Fassy was brilliant.

The other merit of the movie is the frequent referring back to the original movies in the details.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish this thread hadn't turned into Aliens: Convent thread. Isn't there a thread for that over on the Movies board? The only Aliens franchise movie I ever liked was Aliens 4. The rest annoy me and bore me. I wish Ridley Scott would stuff those xenomorphs where the sun don't shine. As far as I'm concerned, Fassbender is wasting his not inconsiderable talent by acting in these movies. Isn't there some other film of his we can discuss? Or MAGNETO? This IS X-Men board, after all. I haven't seen Fassy's Macbeth yet, but I've considered seeing it, though Marion Cotillard kind of puts me off (I can't stand her). Anybody see it?
Old 05-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I tried the Movies board, no luck.

As far as I know, character threads are usually also actor threads.

Marion Cotillard certainly puts me off too. Which is why I would never watch Assassin's Creed twice.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I tried the Movies board, no luck.
Could start one.

Quote:
As far as I know, character threads are usually also actor threads.
Doesn't mean the thread has to be a non-stop Aliens fest. He's acted in other things.

Quote:
Marion Cotillard certainly puts me off too. Which is why I would never watch Assassin's Creed twice.
I'm glad we agree on that at least.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Could start one.

I'm glad we agree on that at least.
There's already a Prometheus thread on the Movies board. I keep posting in it but nobody answers

We do agree on some important things to do with politics
Old 05-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry for all the Alien talk, sum1. But this is the movie that Fassy is currently promoting, and it just knocked Guardians of the Galaxy out of the number one spot.

Quote:
There's already a Prometheus thread on the Movies board. I keep posting in it but nobody answers

Aww, I'm sorry. That sucks.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Sorry for all the Alien talk, sum1. But this is the movie that Fassy is currently promoting, and it just knocked Guardians of the Galaxy out of the number one spot.
Agreed Haven't seen it yet but its current Fassy project, so all for it being talked about

Can just wait it out without coming into the thread Sum
Old 05-22-2017, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by have a little faith (View Post)
Agreed Haven't seen it yet but its current Fassy project, so all for it being talked about

Can just wait it out without coming into the thread Sum
Come on, it's not fair to ask me to stay out of the thread. At least we can have some varied talk. Talk about
something else Fassbender's done or about Magneto. Like has anybody here seen Haywire? It's a film in which Fassbender plays a hitman who's killed by the film's star, MMA star Gina Carano. It's a good intelligent, hard, realistic action film with a great strong central female character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
My sympathies to Guardians of the Galaxy, which is no doubt a much better film and much more mentally healthy. I'll be seeing that when it comes out on dvd. I'll be seeing Aliens: Convent never.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

well you see if a movie starts with hitman, I'll be sure never to watch it

but going with your other suggestion, can anyone tell me how on earth did Max Eisenhardt become Erik Lehnsherr?

don't stay out the thread, I love messing with you
Old 05-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Magneto was born Max Eisenhardt sometime in the late 1920s to a middle-class German-Jewish family. Max's father, Jakob Eisenhardt, was a decorated World War I veteran.[1] Surviving discrimination and hardship during the Nazi rise to power, the passing of the Nuremberg Laws in 1935, and the Kristallnacht, Max and his family fled to Poland where they were captured during the German invasion of Poland and sent to the Warsaw Ghetto.[1][22] Max and his family escaped the ghetto, only to be betrayed and captured again. His mother, father, and sister were executed and buried in a mass grave, but Max survived, possibly due to the manifestation of his mutant powers. Escaping from the mass grave, he was ultimately captured yet again[23] and sent to Auschwitz, where he eventually became a Sonderkommando.[23][24][25] While at Auschwitz, Eisenhardt reunited with a Romani girl named Magda, with whom he had fallen in love when he was younger, and with whom he escaped the prison camp during the October 7th 1944 revolt.

Following the war, he and Magda moved to the Ukrainian city of Vinnytsia, and Max adopted the name "Magnus". Magda and Magnus had a daughter named Anya, and lived uneventfully until an angry mob, spurred on by the first manifestation of Magnus' powers, burned down their home with Anya still inside. Magnus was enraged at the mob for preventing him from rescuing Anya, and his powers were unleashed, killing the mob and destroying a part of the city. Magda, terrified at Magnus' power, left him and later gave birth to the mutant twins Pietro and Wanda before she died. Wanted by the authorities for the deaths and destruction in Vinnytsia, and while searching for Magda, Magnus paid a Romanian forger, George Odekirk, to create the cover identity of "Erik Lehnsherr, the Sinte gypsy".[3] "Erik" relocated to Israel, where he met and befriended Charles Xavier while working at a psychiatric hospital near Haifa. There, the two debated the consequences humanity faced with the rise of mutants, though neither revealed to the other that they were mutants. However, they were forced to reveal their inherent abilities to one another while facing Baron Strucker and Hydra. Following the battle, Erik, realizing that his and Xavier's views were incompatible, left with a cache of hidden Nazi gold, which provided him with the finances to pursue his goals.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_(comics)
Old 05-22-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Thank you! So does he think of himself as Max or only Erik now?

George Odekirk does not sound like a Romanian name AT ALL and I would know.

btw if anyone does want to move the Aliens discussion, I have a thread on the Sci-fi/Fantasy board, also not used by anyone. I post in it myself every once in a while

http://www.fanforum.com/f118/alien-m.../#post90246499
Old 05-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm fine with a compromise that you guys worked with
Old 05-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

can't resist, this one's hilarious

hey sum, is your accent similar? I love it.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thank you! So does he think of himself as Max or only Erik now?

George Odekirk does not sound like a Romanian name AT ALL and I would know.

btw if anyone does want to move the Aliens discussion, I have a thread on the Sci-fi/Fantasy board, also not used by anyone. I post in it myself every once in a while

http://www.fanforum.com/f118/alien-m.../#post90246499
Thanks for that link! I'm sure sum1 would appreciate less Alien/Aliens talk.

Yeah, I remember when I first started reading Marvel Comics, Magneto went by "Magnus." They didn't come out with that Erik/Max stuff until years later.