The Witcher

Hard to say which android I liked better
Old 05-15-2017, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Graham Norton show is always a hoot
Old 05-15-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice.

I'm gonna try and see Alien Covenant. Probably the only summer film I'm interested in. Marvel and DC have been ruined for me because of Zack Snyder, Shane Black, Kevin Feige, and Edgar Wright.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought you said James Gunn was the big problem? (Though I don't know why, since he only did the Guardians films.) Gotta keep your story straight.

I think the recent DC films have been an improvement on the old ones, particularly those awful amateurish '70s/'80s Superman films, which varied from intensely annoying (Superman 2) to intensely brainless (Superman 4). Ben Affleck's Batman is the first version of the character I've ever found interesting and I'm a fan of Gal Gadot. Also, I loved Margot Robbie as Harley Davidson, or whatever the character is called. As for the '80s/'90s Batman films, people seem to think Batman and Robin was the worst, but that at least had Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl. The worst was Batman Forever. Memories of Jim Carrey's awful Riddler are enough to make my blood run cold. Reminds me why I hated Jim Carrey so much in the '90s.

I think I'd rather be waterboarded than watch Alien: Convent.

Last edited by sum1; 05-16-2017 at 12:38 PM
Old 05-16-2017, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well if its an overload of Fassy think that's more for us ladies, right Rita?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Old 05-17-2017, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh thanks for those
Old 05-17-2017, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-18-2017, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that he would be up for more
Old 05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

God, I hope he doesn't waste too much of his career playing robots in scifi slasher movies.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I'm still gonna go see Alien: Covenant and see how it is. Anything is preferable to an MCU movie these days for me.

Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn, not Harley Davidson. She's the Joker's sidekick, and was introduced in Batman: The Animated series back in 1992. As for Batman and Robin, you're forgetting that the Batgirl that Alicia Silverstone played in that movie wasn't the real Batgirl. She played a character named "Barbara Wilson," who was Alfred's niece, not Barbara Gordon, daughter of Jim Gordon. It's basically like the "Patience Phillips" character that Halle Berry played in Catwoman. If it's not Selina Kyle, it's not Catwoman, and if it's not Barbara Gordon, it's not Batgirl.

Well, James Gunn isn't entirely blameless either, sum1. He got into it with fans over the casting of Zendaya as Peter's love interest in the new Spider-Man film, and while it seems she's not actually playing Mary Jane after all, fans had a legitimate gripe over the idea of having her playing Mary Jane, and Gunn acted like a dick about it, accusing fans of racism, etc. Also, I'm not too keen on what Gunn has been doing with Guardians of the Galaxy. Ego, the Living Planet as Star Lord's father? Seriously? I enjoyed the first movie, but not having Adam Warlock in Guardians or Infinity War is an insult and defeats the entire purpose of the story. The only reason this iteration of the Guardians even exists is because they're the remnants of Adam Warlock's Infinity Watch team. And how can you even do the Infinity Gauntlet storyline without Adam Warlock? The Soul Gem is his signature accessory! He took the gauntlet from Thanos in the climax. And he's the one who defeated Thanos twice!

As for the others, you know why I dislike Kevin Feige and Edgar Wright, so I won't repeat that. But as far as Zack Snyder goes, he managed to make the two worst reviewed DC movies in recent history, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. I still think Affleck is too old to play Batman, and it's really not correct to have a Batman who is close to retirement age before the Justice League is even formed. Bruce Wane is supposed to be in his 20 when the JL first got together, and he and Clark are supposed to be around the same age. I also didn't really think that they got Batman entirely right, but then neither did Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale. But I agree with Kevin Smith's opinion that Snyder directs like someone who only read Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns over and over again and nothing else. I like Henry Cavill as Superman, I just wish he was given better material. A British guy on YouTube called Sam's Channel gave a really good assessment on why Man of Steel didn't work. I do like Gal Gadot, but I'm going to wait until Wonder Woman comes out before I give my opinion. I will say that I disagree with them having Diana in World War I instead of World War II, which is where her story actually belongs. WWI was a regional conflict limited to Europe, not a global one like WWII. It makes more sense for Diana and the Amazons to become involved in the conflict when it became a apparent that it could one day end up on the shores of their island. Switching the story from WWII to WWI just to avoid comparisons to Captain America is ridiculous in my opinion.