Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, okay. Well, you go on about Ellen Page, so I do the same about Zendaya. But I'll lay off her. Still, she's just part of this whole MCU that depresses me.

Well, Into The Spider-Verse would've been better if they'd stuck to the story from the comics, but the movie wanted to focus on Miles instead.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I just wish Zendaya’s role was bigger
Old 06-27-2019, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, okay. Well, you go on about Ellen Page, so I do the same about Zendaya. But I'll lay off her. Still, she's just part of this whole MCU that depresses me.
No I don't "go on" about Ellen Page. I go on about the miscasting of Kitty Pryde. You just dislike Zendaya personally.

Quote:
Well, Into The Spider-Verse would've been better if they'd stuck to the story from the comics, but the movie wanted to focus on Miles instead.
Who needs a stupid animated movie anyway?
Old 06-27-2019, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You do, Rita? But Michelle isn't even in the comics.

I don't have a problem with Zendaya personally, I just don't like her character in the MCU. She's not from the comics so she shouldn't be there, not with a wealth of characters from the comics they can choose from, like Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy, Joy Mercado, Betty Brant, etc. They also shouldn't have made Peter a teenager for the trillionth time. And my comment that Zendaya getting the role was due to her being a Disney actress was more about the studio, not her. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I'll drop it.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
No, but I've heard of it. It's based on the Spider-Verse storyline from The Amazing Spider-Man comics, but Peter is the main character in that one. The animated movie made Miles the main character. Yes, I know that the adult Peter was in Into The Spider-Verse, but I don't know if he was the 616 Prime Marvel Peter Parker. The Peter in the movie was supposedly in his 30s and divorced from Mary Jane.
Ok wanted to see if you preferred it than the movie ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I saw a trailer for Into the Spiderverse. It was AWFUL.
Oh really? cause it was actually a decent movie .. the storyline was amazing and the actual animation drawing was fantastic . But i love that type of artwork animation
Old 07-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Ok wanted to see if you preferred it than the movie ones

Oh really? cause it was actually a decent movie .. the storyline was amazing and the actual animation drawing was fantastic . But i love that type of artwork animation
I'd prefer anything with Peter Parker being the correct age.

sum1 doesn't like anything animated, Petra.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

The film was utterly childish.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'd prefer anything with Peter Parker being the correct age.

sum1 doesn't like anything animated, Petra.
Ok makes sense ... I enjoyed it but I like cartoons and animations
Old 07-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You do, Rita? But Michelle isn't even in the comics.
Do you really think what's in the comics is a priority for Rita?
Old 07-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

You're right, it isn't. I just want to enjoy what I see on the screen, regardless of where it comes from
Old 07-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
You're right, it isn't. I just want to enjoy what I see on the screen, regardless of where it comes from
Old 07-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Ok makes sense ... I enjoyed it but I like cartoons and animations
So do I, Petra. I think DC does a better job with their animated films than their live action ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
You know, depending on the source material, some people call that "cultural appropriation," Rita. I know you just want to enjoy what's on the screen, but the point is that people like sum1 and I already know how much better what you see on the screen would be if the filmmakers stuck to the source material. There are three rules to adaptation:

Rule #1: Stay as close to the source material as possible, so that the dynamics of the story and character are consistent and adhere to the story logic.

Rule #2: Make changes only where necessary for the purpose of transferring the material to the screen based on time limitations and streamlining of the story for simplicity.

Rule #3: If something isn't broken, don't fix it. Changes should never be made for the purpose of artistic license, studio politics, or even worse... political correctness. If you wanna tell your own story, write your own story. But if you're adapting someone else's material, you have a responsibility to represent that material honestly and accurately.

If any changes are suggested that in no way improve on the material or are necessitated by three rules of adaptation I've just listed, do not make those changes. As the saying goes, "if just one note is out of place, the entire symphony is ruined." And if you think you can improve Beethoven or Mozart, trust me, you can't.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Dc i do have to agree with that the cartoons as better . Have you watched any of their tv shows ?
Old 07-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt their cartoons are better than their live action movies or shows. Their live action movies have been quite good until the most recent batch, bloody awful Aquaman and that Shazam load of crap. With those two, DC movies are getting as dumb as the MCU or even dumber. They used to have style.

As for cartoons, I can't see any justification for adults watching cartoons.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The only DC TV show I watched was Batman: The Animated Series in the 90s, Petra. I wasn't interested in their Superman series in the late 90s, and I definitely wasn't interested in their politically correct Justice League cartoon in the early 2000s that pretended that Hal Jordan didn't exist.

But I did like their animated movies that they've made since the Bruce Timm DC universe ended, and those are the ones that featured Nathan Fillon as Hal Joran, among other things. Their Justice League movies have been great as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I know you don't like cartoons, sum1. I think my issue is that the DC animated universe has had more time to perfect their stuff than the DCEU has, and they stick to the comics a bit better.