Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2021, 05:33 PM
  #121
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 267,051
Oh, so Smith was only going to write it? Yeah, I heard that it was going to be for Superman Lives, but I thought that Smith said he was gonna direct after Burton dropped out, I don't know. It was a long time ago. I wouldn't have trusted Burton anyway.


Oh, so there would have been solo films before a George Miller JL movie? Cool. Yeah, aside from Mad Max: Fury Road, Miller hasn't really done much lately, which is a shame because he's a fantastic director. I think he's make a great superhero movie, just like James Mangold did with Logan.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:29 PM
  #122
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, so Smith was only going to write it? Yeah, I heard that it was going to be for Superman Lives, but I thought that Smith said he was gonna direct after Burton dropped out, I don't know. It was a long time ago. I wouldn't have trusted Burton anyway.


Oh, so there would have been solo films before a George Miller JL movie? Cool. Yeah, aside from Mad Max: Fury Road, Miller hasn't really done much lately, which is a shame because he's a fantastic director. I think he's make a great superhero movie, just like James Mangold did with Logan.
Yes. I don't remember him saying that. I don't know I actually like what Burton was gonna do with Superman.

Shoot the main villain of the movie was gonna be Brainiac played by Christopher Walken.

No i meant there was just going to be a JL movie with no solo films before it.

Well, if it's meant to be then he will.

I hope everyone is ok.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:37 AM
  #123
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 115,463
I'm not ok.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:33 PM
  #124
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm not ok.
I'm sorry that you're not ok.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:46 PM
  #125
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 267,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm not ok.
I'm sorry, sum1. I hope you feel better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yes. I don't remember him saying that. I don't know I actually like what Burton was gonna do with Superman.

Shoot the main villain of the movie was gonna be Brainiac played by Christopher Walken.

No i meant there was just going to be a JL movie with no solo films before it.

Well, if it's meant to be then he will.

I hope everyone is ok.
Well, it was a while ago, back in the 90s. I remember reading that article with Kevin Smith. He said that he procrastinated after being given the job, so he had to write the script in a week. No wonder it never got made.

What was Burton planning to do? I know that Nicholas Cage was gonna play Clark Kent, which I really didn't approve of.

Well, Burton had already worked with Walken on Batman Returns, so that doesn't surprise me. But I can't see him as Brainiac. Did you know that Richard Donner was going to have Brainiac has the main villain in Superman III before he got fired by the Salkinds?

Oh, so just a JL movie with no solo films leading up to it? I don't know how that would work. It helps the audience ease into the story if they're introduced to everyone individually. One movie could never give all those characters equal time.

Well, maybe, but I don't know if George Miller is ever going to make another movie at this point.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I hope you are too. I get my second vaccine shot next week.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:26 PM
  #126
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)




Well, it was a while ago, back in the 90s. I remember reading that article with Kevin Smith. He said that he procrastinated after being given the job, so he had to write the script in a week. No wonder it never got made.

What was Burton planning to do? I know that Nicholas Cage was gonna play Clark Kent, which I really didn't approve of.

Well, Burton had already worked with Walken on Batman Returns, so that doesn't surprise me. But I can't see him as Brainiac. Did you know that Richard Donner was going to have Brainiac has the main villain in Superman III before he got fired by the Salkinds?

Oh, so just a JL movie with no solo films leading up to it? I don't know how that would work. It helps the audience ease into the story if they're introduced to everyone individually. One movie could never give all those characters equal time.

Well, maybe, but I don't know if George Miller is ever going to make another movie at this point.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I hope you are too. I get my second vaccine shot next week.
I see.

Well, he was gonna have Cage's Superman not know about his origins until after he was Superman.

He was gonna do the Death Of Superman, were talking Doomsday, black suit, etc. etc.

Doomsday was gonna be sent by Brianiac, also Brianiac and Lex were gonna merged to become Lexiac, and I think the finale fight was gonna be in outer space or at least in Brianiac skull ship.

Also I could be wrong but I think it was gonna be revealed Brianiac caused Krypton's end, and what he did to Krypton he wanted to do to Earth.

Of course that's just some of the things he wanted to do.

Yes, I think you told me before.

True.

I see.

No problem. Good, and thanks. I hope it all goes well for you. I hope everyone is ok.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:00 AM
  #127
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 115,463
Nicolas Cage as Superman would have been fun.

And thanks guys for the concern.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.

Last edited by sum1; 04-01-2021 at 11:16 AM
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:05 AM
  #128
Fan Forum Star

 
wickedrum's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 231,569
ah, yeah!
__________________
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM
  #129
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 115,463
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:37 AM
  #130
Fan Forum Star

 
wickedrum's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 231,569
it would surely be unique!
__________________
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:17 AM
  #131
Fan Forum Star

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 115,463
Indeed. Cage has a lot of talent. I wish he wouldn't keep flushing it down the toilet.
__________________
Icon by crash landing

tuck frump Lock him up.
Free Richard O'Halloran. Convict Derek Chauvin.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:13 PM
  #132
Fan Forum Star

 
wickedrum's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 231,569
__________________
wickedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:58 PM
  #133
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,321
Hey guys.

I agree about Cage.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
| Hollywood Reporter
Ava DuVernay's 'New Gods,' James Wan's 'The Trench' DC Movies Not Moving Forward at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
Filmmakers Ava DuVernay and James Wan won't be developing 'New Gods' or 'The Trench' at this moment for DC Films.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...at-warner-bros
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:45 PM
  #134
Fan Forum Legend

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 267,051
You're welcome, sum1. I'm glad you're okay.


I like Cage's talent, but I don't like him as Superman. He just doesn't look right for the part. His face is too narrow and not square-jawed enough.


Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm not surprised that Burton was gonna do Death of Superman because everyone does that. But I don't know if he could do it right.

Doomsday sent by Brainiac? That's a departure. The Brainiac and Lex thing also seems like a stretch. I prefer they follow the storylines from the comics. And how could Brainiac cause Krypton's end? That's like having The Joker kill Bruce Wayne's parents.

Thanks, dragonfire.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:06 PM
  #135
Elite Fan

 
dragonfire's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Riverdale
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 27,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)


I like Cage's talent, but I don't like him as Superman. He just doesn't look right for the part. His face is too narrow and not square-jawed enough.


Thanks for the info, dragonfire. I'm not surprised that Burton was gonna do Death of Superman because everyone does that. But I don't know if he could do it right.

Doomsday sent by Brainiac? That's a departure. The Brainiac and Lex thing also seems like a stretch. I prefer they follow the storylines from the comics. And how could Brainiac cause Krypton's end? That's like having The Joker kill Bruce Wayne's parents.

Thanks, dragonfire.
Alex those reasons is why Burton cast Cage as Superman. Burton was casting Superman the same way he casted Batman. Outside of the box.

No problem. Well, at the time that would've been like the first time the storyline would've been used from the comic.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Brainiac was gonna send Doomsday to kill Superman because Brainiac couldn't take Earth as long as Superman was around.

Maybe but years later Lexiac did happened in the JL animated series. You know Burton wouldn't follow the comics or at least have it be carbon copy of the comics.

Well I could be wrong about that but same for Lexiac that did happened as well but in the Superman animated series, and it also happened in Smallville.

In Superman animated series Brainiac was created on Krypton, and he became like the leader over it. Think of him like Skynet so to speak.

When Jor-El kept telling them Krypton would end soon, and Brainiac kept telling them it wouldn't end soon, they believed him over Jor-El but in the end it turned out Brainac knew all along it would end soon, and he lied just to save himself, and right before Krypton ended both Brainiac, and baby Supes escaped, and of course ended up on Earth.

Honestly, I actually like having Brainiac being tied to Krypton's end because it makes Brainiac as a villain to Superman more personal. Same for The Joker being the one who killed Batman's parents.

I just prefer more personal stories over random ones.

No problem.

I hope everyone is ok.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST